RESIN whats it made of?

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

ever wondered what RESIN is made from and where it comes from?

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
clans are now available. the hive has a new look!

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

They do. It comes from the tubes and the mouth. It would make more sense opposed to the resin coming from it's hands or anywhere else. The tail may be another that is NEVER stated (the super-egg events), but possibly not. Yeah. We'll never know for certain. On the other hand, the resin coming out of various sides of the Alien's body WOULD be helpful to them but it would most likely not be possible to them. Unless I'm missing something here.

EDIT: I also remember seeing some older posts by some believed moderators named TopDogg, K20A2 and someone else as well as Dave, Bug-Hunt, and DeathDrop talking with someone about this. I think it was Dave who said it was secreted out of the tubes and the second-jaw/first-jaw (the mouth).

EDIT: There are multiple reasons for what the tubes are for and I think that's one of them. The resin is also a probable use for them, too. But I'm no expert here, I'm just stating my opinions.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think the resin can come from both of the tubes and the mouth as they may be linked just like how a humans ears are to the nose to releave presure. Something along them lines any ways.

Katam2.jpg

.:MESSAGE BOARD, RPG RULES & INFORMATION:.

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

That is also another interesting concept, personally I think the tubes exist solely for atmospheric depressurization. Since xenomorphs can survive in the vacuum of space, they need appendages that can allow the pressure in their bodies to rapidly decompress so that they don't explode in a vacuum. I think those tubes are what do it.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

cardmaster12595, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I alwayls thought Xenomorphs breathe becuase in the close-up of Ripley and the alien in Alien3 you can see smoke coming out of its mouth,so it would make sense to me if they breathe.

MySig.gif

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

maybe it comes from glands on the aliens head?

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
clans are now available. the hive has a new look!

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yes, but the problem with that is that xenomorphs don't breathe.

Personally, I am in favor of the theory that resin comes from the mouth. It could very likely be a waste product created from a xenomorph's consumed food, starches, and other compounds to form the organic substance known as resin. Since they do not have any known orifice aside from their mouths (like flatworms), the resin would be stored within a gland until released orally by the xenomorph, after which it molds the resin into a desired shape and the resin's organic compounds regulate the temperature and humidity in the area.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

cardmaster12595, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

No idea what its made of but my theory is that it comes out of the Alien from all around its body so if it wanted to it could just crawl on something and make a nice area of resin in a radius of itself.I think they use the tubes to get anything breathable to the Alien in a place where its hard to get....like space or a desert planet....It couldn't be the mouth becuase of all the acid drool...and I don't think that could ever become resin.

MySig.gif

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Hajou3. i said that same exact answer a while ago in a topic like this. lol

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

On this matter, I doubt that there is a wrong guess (Keep in mind, I mean rational guesses, not like "It is when teh queenz smooshez teh drones"). Unless they tell us what it is in AvP2/Alien 5.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

depends on what kind of resin your talking about... normal resin is secreted from certain plants with certain side affects when burned but as for xenomorph resin i have no idea...

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Naturally he is talking about Xenomorphic resin, as it would seem rather out-of-place on this board to be talking about plant resin.

Drenton.jpg

siliconsara, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Could be the same way bees make their honeycomb. Secreting something like wax, and using their saliva as a bonder. Where they secrete this substance from, I have no idea. I'd probably make a wrong guess ^^;

Both are very good explenations. But maybe those two theories go together; the tubes create whatever is responsible being secreted in the mouth, and so forth. Yeah, my thoughts, it could happen, but I'm not entirely sure.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

in my opinion i think that its made of whatever the alien eats and then it can throw up whatever it ate and its the resin(thats just what i think it is)

Hajou3sSig.gif
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

From the mouth? Thats and interesting theory, but most people say somthing about the dorsal tubes. I don't know what it is made out of, and I dont know how it comes out. A long stream of resin flying from an alien's back doesnt sound right. And it dripping out an alien's back doesnt seem right either.

Drenton.jpg

Resin is made from something secreted in the mouth of the Alien (which you already know, but just saying). One would think that it has to do with the constant drooling, but that's not true. Anyway, that resin, I don't know what it's truly made of. Personelly, I think that it has to do with the second-jaw.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG