AVP preds... Why the props?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

Why the holy hopping booga booga do the preds from AVP have so manny fans?! We have the fan girls(when I say that, I don't mean a fan who is a girl, I mean "build a shrine to him then bow at it's feet kind of fangirl)

Fangirl: I wanna kiss Sacar! Tee-hee!

*shudders* Then, we have all the fanboys...

Fanboy: SCAR AND CELTIC RULE ALL NO ONE CAN STOP THEM GRID CHEATED ALIENS SUC!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?! First of all, Chopper was a moron. Totally careless and honorless. He was about to off Lex! How is that honorable? Then, he can't pay enough attention to notice an 8-foot monster drop down behind him. He deserved what he got. See? Killing weak prey is really bad juju! Anyhoo, Celt was also a moron. Don't tell me he was better than Pred 1, that is a freaking INSULT to the entire predator franchise. Celtic was dumb. When you have an alien snarred, you don't WALK UP TO IT! You haul a$$ and kill the thing! Then we have pretty boy Scar, who can't seem to figure out how to DUCK. (Facehugger, queen's tail, ect.) Had these preds just TAKEN the stupid plasma casters instead of screwing around so much, maybe the wouldn't have all ended up as xeno-chow!(although, given their stupidity, I doubt it would have mattered) And would it have killed them to bring some spear-guns?! Really, if you're too stupid to notice that you're hunting prey with ACID FOR BLOOD, maybe you should find a new line of work! The original Pred is ROLLING AROUND in his GRAVE at this disgracful excuse for a group of hunters. Pauline-can't-direct-or-write-worth-a-steaming-dog-turd-Anderscum has the gall to say these preds were STRONGER then the originals?!?! Pred 1 is the REAL ultimate hunter, if you ask me.

deathdrop.jpg

the_doctor, Yautja, 18 years ago

the first pred is in no way a child anderson should not have made that film he screwed two franchises upi think one of his problems because he *thinks* he is a fan of both series is that he made the film from his own point of view which was obviously to make a film wich was $*it still he did bring some good ideas like the preds being on earth scince the ancient times but u would think the preds would limit our technology and that they would rebuild the pyramids after an unsuccsefull hunt but.....

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

Topdogg, Yautja, 18 years ago

we'll anderson kinda f*cked himself over by making that statement saying the pred in pred 1 was just a child, just as his fat arse wrote in the script it was the pred rites of passage to be hunters and those three got there arse handed to them and the pred in pred one was on his own and only had a plasma caster which he didnt let the humans get and a basic wrist blade and beat every one (arnie cheated LOG dont make me go down that road)

OWNED AGAIN

did he say anything about the pred in pred 2??

topdogg2.jpg

TDN, Yautja, 18 years ago

Like I said, I was really p*ssed off when Paul Anderson said that the one in Pred 1 was even younger than the ones in AVP and was just a child. That one was way better than these Preds. The only tolerable one I find was Scar. At least he got the chance to take out some Xenos. I don't really know why people consider Celtic and Chopper good. I mean, Chopper was useless and barely did anything. All he did was got killed. Celtic put up a good fight but still got killed and didn't killed even 1 single Xeno. Scar was the only one I find was tolerable out of all of them like I said.

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

daveberg, Yautja, 18 years ago

Good points, i did like the Predators being around in ancient times, gave a little more insight to the back history. Though Anderon had so much more scope to evolve both franchises, he had the AVP world in his hands and he blew it. In a nut shell he should've done what dreamworks is doing for the new transformers movie -

Upload a forum and ask the fans what they really want to see in the movie, then take it from there.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

scar774, Yautja, 18 years ago

d@mn straight!!pred 1 started it all. not only is he a classic, he set an example that avp and pred 2 should have fallowed!! i mean it would've been much better if the pred in pred1 was there by himself!!

do you know the muffin man?....... i ate him, so GET TO DA CHOPPA

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

Very good points DD. I thought that celtic was cool because he had guts & didn't back down from a fight & also had a really cool mask but yeah he was dumb. The original predator & the hunter from pred 2 were far better hunters & far cooler

predatoress, Yautja, 18 years ago

Amen to that! I couldn`t say it better way.

Maybe training the younger predator is getting careless. If the pred 1 was just a child I must say I liked the previous training systems;) Maybe he was sloppy too, but he wasn`t as sloppy as these guys. And the pred 2 was a real killer. He wiped out a group of dangerous guys.

Kill for honor. Die for duty.
Live for the thrill of the hunt.

PredatorJay, Yautja, 18 years ago

First off, i liked AVP; but, i am not deluded. I know that Anderson made the Preds, the galaxy's best hunters, wusses. i mean,"Chopper" got mugged from behind, Celtic got inner-jawed when he forgot that, "omigawd, xenos bleed acid, and my net won't hold long!" Scar, as DD so humorously stated, can't figure out how to duck. Pred2 got served by a mere cop, but The Ultimate Hunter had to be dispatched by a frikin marine with no visible weapons, fire, a bow and arrow, and a cheap trick...after whupping the Marines with two weapons.

shazuipredalien, Yautja, 18 years ago

well im only 11 dont dis i know things that most of the people of this site dont and have the i.q of a 14 year old so plez no discrimination against the younger generation (theyll b around longer than u m8 lol)

i search all day for intruders of my hive
the queen must be safe thats how we stay alive
i tear apart any life that comes near
i am a warrior so all preds fear!
for the might of the lone predalien will come
and every living thing near will succumb....

Iseijin, Yautja, 18 years ago

Wo! Slightly harsh for the fans there...

You have to understand that many of these fans were spawned from AvP and have little to no prior knowledge of the original Alien or Predator franchises until after they saw AvP. I mean, how old are many of these AvP fans? 13? 14? I cut them slack because, bless their pre-pubescent souls, they are just now getting into the creatures' history while many of us older fans (I'm talking at least 16 +) already had that history background from the original movies.

So let the fan girls swoon over Scar and let the fan boys argue whether Celtic or Chopper were wussies. A little annoying, but no harm for us.

Heydrich, Yautja, 18 years ago

Andserson can't make a good AVP movie, in no way should he even be allowed to give any input in AVPII. He did make the preds retarded, mostly because two of the cooler looking ones die almost instantly. He, weasel , once claimed in an interview that he had wanted to see the alien and the pred battle in the same movie "for over ten years". Why then, did he say after the movie was released that he "REALLY" intended AVP to spawn Alien 5 and Predator 3...shut the h**l up and get your stories straight. I really didn't like having the aliens and preds battle on earth, in the present time, because they are space aliens....fight in space. At least, if you have it on earth, make it after the alien series, or bring up the fact that Weyland-Yutani now wants the alien because of waht happened in AVP. Thus spawning the order in the original Alien to investigate all sources indicating an intelligent lifeform.

Heydrich, Yautja, 18 years ago

First off, I am completely for the Aliens, they need a win to add to their streak. They seem to have been cheated by one remaining human in all of the original movies. That said, Yes chopper was stupid and the point of him about to kill lex was good. In his defense, he was taking revenge on the ones who screwed up the whole plan of the preds triggering the pyramid. Celtic, well, although I think he should have beat grid for all his efforts, he was also stupid. One point that I think is really considered is that his armor and weapons seemed a lot weaker then scars. they seemed to all melt at the slightist contact with acid, where as scars didn't...what the hell is up with that? by having both chopper and celtic die in their first engagement with an alien, the movie definitely needed all five of the preds, like in the book. Scar, he just shouldn't have survived as long as he did, when the others couldn't. Where there is one facehugger, there is probibly two, and then some more...anderscum should've had either celtic or chopper be the longest lasting pred because their masks were so much cooler then scars. The only thing that I offer to explain the preds absolute ignorence compared to the original hunter...they were unblooded. If anyone has read any of the AVP books, or AVP WAR comics...they should know that young preds are fools that rush in to any battle as opposed to planning a strategic solution to hunting hte prey.

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

The predators werent unhonerable or stupid in AvP, it was the director. He's the one that made them stupid. A predator can NOT be killed that easily. Infact, what i hated most about the movie was that 2 of the preds die the same way! Any who, If paul tries to make another AvP, we should either shoot him or tell him how to do it CORRECTLY.

"Fear the might of El Gigante!"

Celtic_Warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

Anderson totally made fools out of the preds in AVP, personally i think he made a fool of celtic the most, cos the preds have been hunting the xenos for thousands of years (2000 exactly) they would know the xenos had acid blood, they wouldnt forget it overnight. i also thought it was lame 2 preds killed by 1 alien (jesus, COME ON!)

shazuipredalien, Yautja, 18 years ago

yeagh but aliens r hard hahhahahahahhahahahahhaaaa seriously though i think its because they forgot their power and underestimated it and got cocky

i search all day for intruders of my hive
the queen must be safe thats how we stay alive
i tear apart any life that comes near
i am a warrior so all preds fear!
for the might of the lone predalien will come
and every living thing near will succumb....

Crpl_Hicks, Yautja, 18 years ago

Deathdrop, all I got to say is YESSS! I agree 100% with you! By the way, lol with the pred rolling around in his grave.

Fear. Fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear go over me and when I do only I will remain. Fear is the mind killer.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

Thanks dude! And Iseijin? You could say I'm slightly pasionate about the whole "AVP preds were a bunch of " thing... Hehehe... What can I say? I'm obsessed. Yes, very unhealthy, I know, but you're talking to a guy who ate dog-food when he was five(no lie, I really did)The term "healthy" is not in my vocabulary. You should see me bicker about how unfaithful to the original the arerican remake of Godzilla was... Now THAT would be a rant! ;)

deathdrop.jpg

Vicious_Hunter, Yautja, 18 years ago

HA, you'r all right in your own regard, celtic and chopper should not have died so quickly, especially since that was pred armor that only muscle tissue punched through (celts death), and chopper was stupid, as grid owend him, throwing him against a wall, how disgraceful, but still, i have been a big fan of both series for some odd 8 years, (i tend towards preds) however i have yet to see the last two aliens...but still preds for me. I loved the movie, but HATE anderson (LOSER) but as long as i got to see aliens and predators wailing on each other i would have been happy, Also, Scar LOOKED retarded, if you notice the bottom jowls are set much further apart than the first two movies and the young look in his brow took away from the intimidation factor, Both species DESERVE to win, thats why it ended the way it did, in a cliff hanger, so bicker PREDS SHOULD WIN. ALIENS SHOULD WIN, but personaly, I tried to make the best out of two classic monsters laying the smackdown, and one dumb@ss directer to enjoy a money prop of a movie.

dont worry i know i ramble and my sentances run together as well as the fact that i switch from topic to topic. SORRy

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/kassiekins/Marcus/337796_alien20vs20predator2.jpg[/IMG]

Crpl_Hicks, Yautja, 18 years ago

DEATHDROP!! I HATE, no, LOATHE THE AMERICAN REMAKE!!! Oh my god, don't get me started too! First off, Godzilla looked retarded, and was a transvite. Ok no, but IT was A-sexuall. Also, did it breathe any sort of breath weapon? He was in no way the Godzilla from 1954 that we know and love. Or, from any of the Godzilla movies.(exeption: Godzilla VS Gigan) And he liked fish. The guy went around eating, FISH. The originall godzilla was not that dumb.. blahblahblahblah.... oh my god. Did I just say all that? I am OBSESED man...

Fear. Fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear go over me and when I do only I will remain. Fear is the mind killer.