PREDATOR HOMEWORLD?

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

this is the same topic I posted on my ALIENS forum I asked what is the PREDATORS HOMEWORLD was?

any one here got any ideas?

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
go to my ALIEN site NOW! also includes predator

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Its hard to say. No one really knows about the predator homeworld. I'm going to let my imagination flow on this topic. Well I would assume the predator homeworld is mostly composed of large vast forests with open plains, some bodies of water. The atmosphere would most likely be much like Earths, except it would be rich with oxygen(O2). Temperatures on this planet can exceed up 115 degrees F, from the broiling heat of its large sun. The planet would have two large moons one shows up during day and the other during night. The creatures among this planet are savage, hostile beasts, very territorial and tribal much like Indians only they have futuristic technology far beyond man's. Their homes would be highly sophisticated and extravagantly built. Each tribe competes for land, power, honor,respect,and hunting grounds in an outside ritual of hunting. Their hunting would not be on their planet but on different galaxie's planets. Only the worthy and honored can perform in these hunting rituals while the others stay home and protect there land and train to become honored enough to perform in a hunting ritual. It is less likely one of these beasts(predator) could survive on their homeworld for there are other craetures lurking bigger, stronger , and hungry. If the beast kills these creatures he proves worthy to his elders and shows the skulls of his kills with enough skulls it can give him the rite of passage to hunting rituals. A tribe would consist of 40 to 60 members and can continue to grow. At least 5 or 10 female predators would be involved only for the sole purpose of reproduction. Although some females can be thought of as honorable, and have hunting rites. Different tribes can coexist as long as they are related in blood. For instance if two born predator brothers decided to separate and form their own tribes they can coexist in one large community. These creatures live for the sole purpose their hunting rituals.If a tribe were to hunt highly well known prey and return sucessfully with skull trophies they can gain more resources, land, and hunting grounds. It all depends on what the deal is between two competing tribes.

Well thats my whole take on the predator's society and what its like on their homeworld. Its just a theory not saying its true but thats what I think is behind their mysterious ways of life on their homeplanet.

brokentusk.jpg

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

A large planet with many caves and mines deep in the mountains maybe for metals and other minerals.

and a ship storage place with each section of the world ruled by different clans in search of the title for "the ultimate predator clan".(sounds more like a story than an idea)

Wars will happen every once and a while. many strange and strong animals will be found on the planet. and the preds hunt for them in order to gain trophies and get excersize.

stuff like that. probably is very humid at all times. and that is probably why preds like hot weather to hunt in, it is the closest feeling to hunting at home.

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

siliconsara, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Everything BUT wide open spaces. Hot steamy jungles, dense northern forests, mountains with tons of caves to dwell in and lots of places to crawl on and hide.

Since they seem to like the heat so much, their climate must be like the tropics. Their feet are also built for climbing as well, so they are probably used to climbing trees or other things.

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

No one really knows where or what the predator homeworld is.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
JOIN MY FORUM

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

good canadats. my idea is its a rather large planet with a large gravety scale (how they fly around in lepartspoted under were makes me think so) it has three suns two moons and a space station orbiting one of thoughs moons. the planet is like earth but is only 50% water based. the rest is all city and jungle, desert, and mountain.

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
go to my ALIEN site NOW! also includes predator

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Okay, now I guess I can take a crack at it:

The predator homeworld must be one of dense, lush jungles, sheer, abundant cliffs, and thick forests. The temperature on the planet has to be extremely low, otherwise the predator's viewing of heat signatures is completely pointless.

Based on their structuring, I would say that open areas must exist here and there, otherwise the predator's bipedal movement is pointless: creatures become bipedal so they can gain a better view of their surroundings. In dense areas, this adaptation is pointless.

It is also obvious that the predator's homeworld must have a high abundance of organic (and mobile) wildlife, otherwise the ability to view heat would be pointless yet again.

Based on their thick, heavy brows, it can also be theorized that the sunlight, while not warming to the planet, is extremely bright. Their skulls (and brows) would slope as they do to sheild this sunlight from their heat-sensitive eyes.

Finally, based upon all this information, as well as the fact that they possess sharp claws and thick, ridged flesh, it is highly likely that predators exist in a region that is a combination between dense undergrowth and flatlands. Their claws would be extremely helpful for running, and their tentacle-like hair and thick skin would prevent their bodies from being damaged while stalking through the flora.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone