Reasoning...?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Preds follow honour codes yes? They don't kill prey who are deemed unworthy, unarmed or who pose no threat.

The why did scar Kill conners at the bottom of the ice shaft?

Conners was practically paralysed and had no wepons of any kind, scar just slashed his mush off. For what? Teenage angst maybe? Anyone care to comment on this?

jasonsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

K20A2, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

true, training can prepare y ou but nothing trains you better than actual experience. Good point Iseijin.

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 2 dics(acid proof), wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

predsig.bmp.jpg

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Still, as far as the yautja go I don't really think they underestimate as much as they don't trust. As Hunters their lives are constantly on the line, they can't afford to underestimate. Trusting something to not attack you is a poor decision, and questions one's own intelligence. The Hunters don't trust anything so they kill it. Being as they are not even human, how can we compare them to human standards of mercy and ruthlessness? They have an Honor Code, human also have one to an extent, but as it's clearly evident both condratict on many areas. So no, I don't think yautja underestimate much, just make bad decisions.

Hmm...now that I think of it, isn't it similar?

ISEIJINSIG.bmp.jpg

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

Unknown, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

maybe he thought he was intruding in the pyramid

div

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Scar knew Bishop was an old man who would soon die. Conners actually posed a threat on the surface, so Scar figured "end this now" and killed him at the bottom.

deathdrop.jpg

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Dave, say that to a Xenomorph, lol...

Still, I also blame on inexperience and maybe some panic of the Hunter's part. Both make a bad combination right there. No matter how well trained one is, when one panics their mindset is gone. Believe me, I've had panic take over me once when I thought I could handle something and it has humbled me from that day on.

ISEIJINSIG.bmp.jpg

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

Topdogg, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

yes but it would be wrong to try and kill something and fail so he had to do it for the team, so he was a challange but fell over lol so

topdogg2.jpg

wise words, i used to do karate, boxing and ju-jitsu, they all state the same thing - underestimation leads to failure. Celtic predator knows all about that.

jasonsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Well good point Iseijin but I disagree on one point, Celtic was by far cocky when he had the upper hand on Grid. Thusly to be cocky is to underestimate the enemy, I believe the Yuatja do trust, but only in their own circle. Of course Scar did not trust whats his nose that got killed after being paralyzed. Once a creature appears as a threat to the Predators it is a threat weather it is helpless or not, and this is something that most people forget when thinking about helplessness, when something like Grid and whats his nose are backed into a corner they are at their most dangerous and in Celtics situiation he underestimated Grid and in Scars case he did not and thusly survived because in that situation wouldnt you do anything to survive.

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 2 dics(acid proof), wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

predsig.bmp.jpg

There's a little human in everyone.....

jasonsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

shazuipredalien, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Y DELETE POSTS? MOST THING I SAY GET DELETED SO WILL THIS I BETLOL NO OFFENSE 2 MODS OR ANY1 JUST TOTAL RESPECT

ALIENS AND PREDS KICK @SS HUMERVE ONLY AS PREY AND CHEESE MUST BE POISONOUS SO IT MUST DIE!

so better to stop it when it is small, then put out a forest fire.

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 1 disc, wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

predsig.bmp.jpg

spearhead, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

that is right when i first started kung fu i had broken noises and split lips the lot, now that i am a black belt i never get hit. i have been doing it for 10 years and experence maters

boards dont hit back.

cause that guy was starting cr@p and i didnt want you to get ed in.

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 1 disc, wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

predsig.bmp.jpg

Stalker, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

cockiness can get someone hurt & that goes to show for it.

yeah like a guy in ma class was sparing a beginner one luck punch and the black belt was on his a88. He was to cocky to begin with

boards dont hit back.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

He was shooting at the preds at the top after evryone else was killed & shot celtic in the shoulder so he presented himself as a challenge. btw sweet jason sig

Thanks dude. Yeah he was indeed shooting at the top of the ridge, but surely if he was totally incapacitated at the bottom of the shaft it would have been dishonourable in killing him, there would be no competition.

jasonsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

That's exactly how the celtic predator fell to grid alien - he was too sure of himself and it cost him his life.

jasonsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

i do kung fu and i was told never underestimate your enemy even if they are a beginner.

boards dont hit back.

Hmm possible, but then Weyland went to attack scar and the predator knew that Bishop was dying so he left him be. I'd call that favouritism!!

jasonsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron