Movement of the predator has changed

Brighton, Undefined, 19 years ago

Hello People
First post so be easy

I feel that the the way the predator moved in predator1 made all the difference in the film. he gave the impression of intelligence, curiosity and feeling that he was on a mission.

In AVP the predators moved around too human like and did not have their own distictive style like in the first one.

I think that the subtle execution of movement in a sci-fi characater gives it depth. Look at how the aliens movement have developed over time.

What do you guys think?

donut, Undefined, 19 years ago

ooo, i've noticed that too, in the 1st predator movie he didnt move at all like a human which at first i didnt think it was a costume (i was 7 when i saw it) but now in the AvP movie they cant really "move" as well in the first one cause there was too much action, they couldnt move all stealth like if you know what i mean.

DONUTSIG.jpg

donut, Undefined, 19 years ago

yes, but predators arent all kill, after all the human girl had proved her worth, therefore he spared her life and decided to join the team

DONUTSIG.jpg

Thats exactly what I mean. In No1 and to an extent in No 2 he gave the impression of overwhelming awareness. In AVP especially the first 2 predators they were moving around like they were dum and out of their depth.
Not that I want to slag the film as I am a big fan of the concept but I was a little dissapointed with their intelligence levels and the fact that they were so easily outwitted by the aliens.
I just hoped that AVP had more of a darker feel to it, the Aliens were superb but the predators were just sitting ducks but I bet you heard this all before. I just did n't like the idea of the jokes nor the easy interaction and tolerence levels from the predator towards the girl.
End of the day he is a PREDATOR not an 8ft frendly naive stupid bafoon.

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

you have to remember these preds in AVP are only teenage and technically it was their first hunt against the xenomorphs so they didnt really know what to expect, plus these preds were far larger than the ones seen in the first two pred movies so movement will be a little different, over all i think the new preds looked fantastic and if they attempt any more films they should stick to this formula.

avp2.jpg

on another note, i have to agree with brighton that the scenes with scar and lex were pitiful, thats why i prefer the xenomorphs, if it moves -KILL IT!! what i really hate is when people moan about celtic getting killed by grid, saying it wasnt a fair fight. errr, what film were they watching? it was fair the whole way, celt done a fair bit of damage before getting his skull caved in, remember, grid was the alpha alien, the leader of the pack thus he was the more dominating/powerfull of the xenomorphs. i'm looking forward to the uk dvd with all the deleted scenes, theres 11 of them plus an alternate begining, if its anything like the novel then we're all in for a treat. well, all of us in the uk anyhow, the US version only has 3 deleted scenes.

avp2.jpg

Hi Daveberg
Am I right in saying that it comes out in March, i'm not too sure.

Daveberg Whats the game all you guys play? ( I am a bit new to this all)

Regards

morning mate, and welcome. march it is my friend. are you talking about the rpg battle we have on here? if so then basically the two clans (the HIVE & HUNTERS MOON) get together and battle it out (just spoken word no actual gaming involved) you dont have to be in a clan to battle but if you wish to join the predator clan you must first ask deathdrop or if aliens are your flavour then ya gotta come to me. hope this helps.

avp2.jpg

Thank you fella

Just another quick one.

Whats the best pred game on the PC any clues as I am going to treat myself this christmas to a few hours of fun

No problems. Hmmm. That i would be uncertain of, dont really use my pc for gaming, but i'd say avp 2 is still good for what your after unless you wait untill concrete jungle is released in a few months.

avp2.jpg

Thanks

Brighton

BladeWing, Undefined, 19 years ago

Hi, guys, any idea about the reqirements of concrete jungle?

list of trophys:
HUMAN-0
XENOMORPH-4
OTHER PREDS-0
I WAS THE FIRST THAT COUNT THE TROPHYS

not too sure my friend, i havent followed the development of it that much. would rather there be a new alien game.

avp2.jpg

Topdogg, Undefined, 19 years ago

how come the teens are bigger the adult preds ?

topdogg.jpg

BladeWing, Undefined, 19 years ago

her.... hormones?

list of trophys:
HUMAN-0
XENOMORPH-4
OTHER PREDS-0
I WAS THE FIRST THAT COUNT THE TROPHYS

sup bladewing, no dave said the teen preds in avp were bigger than the adult preds in pred 1 and 2 but i cant work it out do they shrink as they get older ?

topdogg.jpg

old age mate - everything shrinks when ya get older...heheh. i dont actually know why the teenage preds appeared larger than the older ones, probably just a movie goof up.

avp2.jpg

if had the money and could make the movie u would be the first person i employ

topdogg.jpg

damn, looks like i've always got a back up job then if i lose this one. go get a lottery ticket TD!!

avp2.jpg

i was thinking bout finding some rich old lady get her to love me than give her a good shag then she can leave me her money after she has a heart attack.........j/k

topdogg.jpg

sounds like a plan!!

avp2.jpg