Why is the Alien Drone considered to be the weakest?

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

When I scrolled through the old topics of this board, some people said that the Drone from Alien was the weakest. In my opinion, it is actually the strongest and the most intelligent. It's the one that uses the most stealth, it's able to blend right into its technological surroundings, and it knew the ins and outs of the Nostromo. The Warrior from Aliens seems to do most of this too, much not as much stealth, and they can only blend into their hive structure. Also, the Warriors seems to be more "suicidal", trying to overwhelm their enemies by charging strait at them and resulted in hundreds of them being killed, especially in the sentry guns scene. Couldn't they just try to find another way when they realized that those sentry guns were going to take out a seriously large amount of their force? Don't get me wrong, Aliens is my favorite of all of them, but in my opinion, the Drone will always be more stronger than the Warriors, mature or not. Why do you guys think that it's the weakest?

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

To Daveberg: yeah but if they knew about those sentires, they could have tried to find another way before all those warriors were killed. By looking at the ammo counter of each sentries, I'd say that at least 100 was killed. If they would realize that sooner, that could have saved them lots of warriors. They are intelligent don't get me wrong, but it alweems to me that the Drone was more intelligent.
To Topdogg: I don't know about that, I've never been too keen on the aging explanation of why they look different. It makes sense yeah, but to me that means the more they age, the more they tend to not care about stealth and go suicidal instead?

Topdogg, Human, 18 years ago

exactly so the ones in avp were just drones, the warroir alien would have killed those teens with in mintues

topdogg2.jpg

scar774, Human, 18 years ago

yes it is quite strong. for 2 reasons. 1: it killed all but one of the nostronomo crew by itself.2: humans killed hundresd of warriors in aliens were as in alien they spent the hole movie killing 1 drone!! but the chestburster would be the weakest stage since it can only kill 1 human with the exception of resurection were it killed 2 when it came out.

do you know the muffin man?....... i ate him, so GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

daveberg, Human, 18 years ago

Yup, it's all an age thing.

leader.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

daveberg, Human, 18 years ago

They are basically the same thing. The Drone appeared to be more deadlier because it stalked it's prey on it's own. The drone had the run of the nostromo. Where as in Hadleys Hope, the aliens were many in number and stealth wasn't needed as there is alwtrentgh in xenomorph number. As for intelligence - the aliens knew that the corridoors where the sentry guns were placed were no go areas so, in turn, they managed to cut the power and attack from the only available route the marines hadn't closed off.

leader.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Topdogg, Human, 18 years ago

y the drone turns into a warrior after time right?

topdogg2.jpg

nicholaskang, Human, 18 years ago

the warrior and drone just have almost the same stats

xenohunter8xo.jpg