Predator Advantages over Aliens

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Its just everyone posting about how great aliens are I thought I'd even the playing field. So Predators have many advantages over aliens and some of them would be there weapons, the best, there armor, they are smart (maybe not all).

Elder Blade of Clan Balatu

Avier7777, Undefined, 18 years ago

Preds are good. And an elder MIGHT be able to take out 5 xenos at once. Look at k20, he fought 4 or 5 off, granted some were hurt before but it was an aweomse fight. NEver got back for what he did to me. Mayeb this RPG...

But for pred advantages, they have tactics. They coordinate, not sayting aliens dont but preds can do it MUCH better.

--
Think? Why think! We have computers to do that for us.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Predators -

*Need weapons to hunt
*need thermal meshing to survive in extreme cold
*follow an honour code that holds them back, only trained to kill.

Aliens -

*whole weapon is a body.
*can survive in any environment without aid.
*born to kill, no ethical codes to hold them back.

chronicles.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well, in my mind preds have wicked-looking claws and teeth, but I'm not sure how practical they are in combat situation without guns...

Well, they have impressive strenght and because of their size and speed (reflexes) their movements are quick and deadly. And if u add all this natural capacity to their intelligence you have perfect killing machines.

Thou who come into my way shalt die.

the preds do need weapons, but only because they don't have any natural ones. Aliens have claws, teeth, tail etc. & what do preds have? Their fists & feet. In my opinion I'll compare it to a leopard vs a gorilla. The gorilla has no natural weapons but is much stronger than the leopard, wheras the leopard has claws, teeth etc.

stalker.jpg

yeah, royal praetorian- Like I said, aliens are very strong but in brute power preds have the upper hand. I'm not just saying thit cause I'm a pred fan, I'm saying it cause it's true. I mean come on, celtic threw grid around like a rag doll & scar single handedly dragged the queen by the chain, so I say preds r stronger

stalker.jpg

jesse1260, Undefined, 18 years ago

predators have technology

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

ok, lets say on the avp2 game on teh comp, i'm an alien(which i am) i killed 3 preds without getting hurt, they were constantly shooting at me but only 2 were stupid, the other one i would consider smart because he had homing on. but i took those 3 preds out, because i was smarter then them, that MEANS that it all depends on intellegence, because not ALL aliens are stupid. but no a pred could not take out 5 aliens with one shot or whatever, trust me, i've tried. if it was one on one(avp) then i think they would be evenly matched, even though scar was throwing grid around pretty easily, it means nothing, because grid lived did he not?(till the end) they were both matched. we ALL have to get over the lil conflict that one is better than the other, because THEY ARE NOT, its like the elements, water takes out fire, fire takes out earth, earth takes out water. its that simple. they both have advantages and disadventages, but we need to grow up and stop acting like children, WE ARE EVENLY MATCHED you like it or not, i know there will be people who will always think one race is better than the other no matter what people tell them, its called human ignorence, open your mind people!
let in what others have to say, and let in the common sense in which most of us have lost, they are even

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~

Ancienthunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

And i would have to disagree on your ststment reffering to stalkers

html>

TDN I know what your talking about, but those people are predators if you know what i mean they love so of corse there going to say that, but that fact is until this post predators where the scum of the earth lol just kidding but there has been a lot of postes about how much better aliens are so I thought hey why not do this. And we dont know how many humans it would take to kill a predator in the movies 1 so you know...

but what the xenos lack in strength and intelligence they make up in speed and numbers

Hey but it depends on the Xeno, the ones in Aliens where kinda stupit they got slaughtered by the sentry guns, so I'd me (Im an elder) vs the aliens from Aliens I'd be able to kill 5 but now the ones from AVP, those critters and pretty smart I'd say i could take on 2 without getting wounded but 3 thats pushing it

1. Strength- Preds are much stronger than xenos, don't get me wrong xenos are strong but preds defenently have the power advantage.

2. Intelligence- It wasn't shown in AVP (thanks anderscum) but preds are much smarter than aliens & are able to think up strategic plans of attack, aliens are cunning though.

3. Tech- The biggest factor, obviously. Tech is what makes the preds far superior hunters to the xenos. xenos have bodily weapons such as claws etc. but the preds close range & long distance weapons are far deadlier & over half the time an uncocky pred could easily defeat a xeno in close range combat with their extensive range of deadly bladed weapons.

stalker.jpg

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Man, and I always thought that the Xenos were underrated. On almost every other AVP-related board besides this one, the people on those boards seems to think that 1 Pred could take out 5 Xenos with their bare hand. They all seem to follow a ratio of 1 Pred=7 Humans(from Predator 1 movie), while 1 Human/Marine=10 Xenos(from Aliens movie). So they concluded that 1 Pred=70 Xenos. I personally think that's a wrong assumption.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

well i thinc 1 exeno could quit fesably tace on pultapal preds depending on whair they wer eg in the ferst alien movie replace the humand with preds chances are there probably would have had the same out come. airvents mace easy stelth traval fore an alien and something as big and combersome as a pred codant fight efectevly in thos narow coradors and evan the preds would have no idea wich way the alien was going to come from . wair as if it was opan ground the 1 pred to aboit 15 xeanos would stand

mavrick.jpg

Ancienthunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

Got that right!

Untitled423222221.jpg

ok in a nutshell: preds naturally are inferior to aliens because of aliens numbers, bodily weapons & their ability to survive in any environment. But with their equalizers (tech) aliens have a serious match, plasmacasters can take out whole groups of aliens with ease & one elder could in my opinion take on multiple xenos with a combistick. Alies rely more on numbers & enclosed spaces to surprise their prey wheras preds hunt far more effectively in open areas.

stalker.jpg

royal_praetorian, Undefined, 18 years ago

i have to disagree wit ya on your no.1 statement stalker

Copyofthealien.bmp-copy.jpg

ghola88, Undefined, 18 years ago

Maverick um your spelling... cant make out what your saying Plz change!!!

weapons: double wristblades, underarm blades,elbow blades, swords, combat spear, spear, plasmacaster, mini caster, nuke shoulder cannon, sherikans, 2 disks, remote bombs, mini spear gun,wrist fletchett, mask laser. equipment: advance tools, wrist computer, medikit, food, mask, energy recharger. extras: a picture of daveberg, deathdrop, note of davebergs advice.
ghola1mo.jpg

Hive_Soldier, Undefined, 18 years ago

Unnnn but the predators need weapons like the humans the aliens not but in the game AVP2 the predator have more advanteg i think.But my favorite character is the DRONE....

Look to the Hive the Hell await you in that place, the death is in the all place and you dont will survive from the green serpents....

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

it definitly depends on the intelligence level of the alien/pred/human, i mean if your playing the avp games on the comp, its actually somewhat hard to take out a bunch of xenos when your playing as a pred[unless your a god when playing as teh pred] but on multiplayer lanes, i'm always the xeno, and i kill EVERYONE, so it really does depend on the intelligence level, it also depends on skill

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~