Which alien film had the best setting?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

OK people, what do you think?

*The tiny, claustrophobic corridoors of the nostromo?
*The industrial walkways and complexes of hadleys hope?
*The dark gothic prison on fury 161?
*The military passages of the Auriga?
*The timeless pyramid below the ice?

Personally i loved the nostromo environment, it was so closed off and small, almost felt like you were trapped in there.

leader.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

TDN, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

I'd say Hadley's Hope. For some seriously strange reason, claustrophobic (closed spaced) areas actually give me a sense of comfort. Open space actually frightens me because you don't know where your enemies can come at you. Hadley's Hope especially in the Hive area was great. The aliens blended right into the surroundings. Nostromo never really frightened me. The pyramid was IMO the worst setting out of any Alien or Predator movies. It makes the Xenomorphs feels like acient mummy type monsters and Predators feels like ancient magical ritualistic warriors that battles evil. It just doesn't fit with the two outer space alien creatures.

K20A2, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

lol I couldnt agree more with vega

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 2 dics(acid proof), wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

predsig.bmp.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

The tiny, claustrophobic corridoors of the nostromo I think because it's got more oothic atmosphere than ALIEN 3 I guess im the only one who probabaly thinks this but when I was only a wee laddy the alien on the Nostromo nearly made me s**t myself.

Im the first (prototype) Alien Drone......I didnt come from the queen I was made in a lab by the jockeys,but Im still part of the hive...I just dont go by the orders of the queen.

Angus_Alien, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

The prison setting of Alien 3 is my personal favorite.
That entire film has such a depressing and gothic feel to it. It may not be my favorite story of all the films, but it is definitely the darkest and most helpless feeling. It just looks so cold, and you know all the characters are screwed.
Plus there were some very unique and memorable characters to go along with the dirty environment. Such as Dillon (personal favorite), Golic, 85, and Morse.
Alien 3 is very underrated.

“This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing out.†avp1.gif

cystic_warrior, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

i agree with cerrata. i thought it wa sgreat the way the aliens came out of the walls

THE HIVE CANNOT BE STOPPED. SO ALL TREMBLE IN FEAR FOR THE HIVE IS SUPERIOR

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

hmm thats a hard one i like the nostromo and fury 161 settings like u said dave the nostromo was claustrophobic i liked the fury 161 setting cos it was dark and dingy like the last planet in the universe it was cut off with no weapons and there were criminals its a pretty good setting i think

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

thedoc.jpg

i perconaly favord aliens i like the darck dinjy fealing of th run doun infested compoind facilaty thing i no the other movies enfasised this more but aliens was the firs so i like it fore that

Topdogg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

hadleys hope even though it was on a ship it would be could to see the aliens on a planet level not being at a certain place by another being ( i.e preds puttin them in temple) hadleys hope gave it that look around every cornor feel as they were comeing from every were

it also gave a good feel when we first saw the queen potting away as they say in her small chamber breeding for the kill, def a nice dark and on the edge feel to it

topdogg2.jpg

i think fury 161 even thou the film was bad the setting was nasty and visrill

theres no stoping what cant be stopt.
no killing what cant be killed.

Cerrata, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

I liked Aliens all around... The whole setting, i loved the central core part tho, that was awesome how they came out of the walls...

avpsig0gi.jpg