PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I've always wanted somewhere like Afghanistan, not the desert part but the mountainous part. Like where the new movie lone survivor is taking place http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191/?ref_=sr_2
it has forests, Taliban, mountains, small towns, and maybe some U.S. troops.

ultimate-xeno, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

You know what I just thought of something. How about it takes place in Iraq in the middle of the war. Huh?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Holy shit DD that's perfect. The claws, The mask.

Someone call Fox.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

^ I haven't actually read it, but I heard Mycroft Holmes of all people makes an appearance.

The covers are fucking gorgeous:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110120055813/avp/images/a/ab/Predator_Nemesis_issue_1.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110120060011/avp/images/c/c3/Predator_Nemesis_issue_2.jpg

"I flipped trough that piece of shit comic at Hastings, it was retarded and started with a really crappy "After sex" scene and was altogether worthless."

This post was pure gold; I can't believe I didn't notice it before. Also, did you change your sig? It looks different.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Thank you, and no its the same, I've been meaning to make a new one though.

And to the rest of you, my thoughts on the location stay the same. It is perfect, tourists, large body of water, thick forests, ruins and gun toting lunatics(to some I may be related) and I'd get to see a predator movie get made.

zero-alpha, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If they do decide to make a Predators 2, then they should introduce brand new predators like they did with Predators.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

^Not sure if that would work over so well.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think making too many variants of the Predator is a bad idea. Introducing the "Super Predators" was a stretch.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

^True

When too many variants are introduced things begin to go down hill. But the Super Predators where, and I'm sure other will agree, where quite impressive. However I think we should just leave it at that.

J4CKH4MM3R, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I would like to see a predator use some kind of quadruped as either a fast moving attack animal or a slow moving sentry that screams upon spotting the hunters prey. I think this would be a better creature addition than another predator variant. As for the thread topic, I would like a desert island maybe?

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That idea, I love it! That would totally add to the predator thing me thinks, good job Jack.

J4CKH4MM3R, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

thnx mate, i reckon a sentry may be the better option, the humans would be able to kill the creature much easier than they could kill a predator. If it was in an urban setting then maybe they could make a sound recording of the scream an use it to lure the pred to a trap.

I thought the Pred Hounds from Predators were a little underwhelming, so I'd be up for a new take on it.

Hunts_End, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It would be nice if they did another predator flick in a location with a more primal feel and by that I mean the human culture in the area; West Africa would be interesting as there is a wide variety of culture and in more modern tribal settings. Many of these cultures are still heavily based in the belief of the supernatural which could put an interesting if not sort of disturbing spin on it.

Not to mention the wildlife present to West Africa, I wouldn't mind a suspenseful scene before we get to meet the "hero" predator (by that I mean getting that close up look at him/her) in a scenario where some rich suit goes off on a bullshit safari hunt to bag himself a lion or something and the prey in question is snatched out from under the cushy weekend big game hunter, maybe the guide taking this jerk around looking for lions/whatever is some bored old codger that used to sport hunt and wants himself a new challenge too.

I'd like to see a character something like the man hired by Hammond's nephew to round up dinosaurs in the second "Jurassic Park" Film (Don't remember his name) counter hunting the predator, that might be cool. No I'm not suggesting a cross over of any kind, I'm just saying that I would like to see another character like this big game hunter in a film.

A father/son predator combo (for example: Like Batman vs Predator: Bloodties comic) might be nice to see, but I'm on the fence about more variations to the creatures. The Super predators are a stretch but I can accept it. We people in our species can look different with their respective racial group, why not them? I imagine if they evolved on a planet to look as they do then there would have been different conditions and climates for which they had to adapt to while they were present on their world of origin, perhaps those traits and adaptations lingered, darker skin and longer bodies are suited to hot arid climates, maybe conditions like this bred the super predators into existence. I was relieved when I didn't get to see females of the species in the last movie ("Predators") because I was a little concerned that Nimrod would either put huge boobs on them or fix it so that they reproduced like the "hish" from the book forever midnight. I have nothing against boobs, but I have no desire to sit through an hour and a half of fanservice, a little boob is fine, but meh, we ain't seen nipples on these guys before have we? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Long story short I vote Africa.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I like your setting, but the next Predator film deserves more than "Rich douche goes on a hunt."

It needs to be a real movie and not just seem cheap money grabber. I'm not saying that story doesn't have any potential to be well-written with some depth, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

How about serial killer vs predator? In the middle of

MOUNTAINS

@Bloo: I think the grizzled old hunter who has to lead the rich douches around would be the actual main character. "Rich Douche Safari" is just the set-up. Incidentally, there's a Louis Theroux documentary about this very subject that's... Interesting.

Hunts_End, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think my point was misunderstood about the rich ass going on a canned safari, for all I care that idiot could be eaten by the lions five seconds after we meet the guy. The point of that bit was just as Deathdrop said "@Bloo: I think the grizzled old hunter who has to lead the rich douches around would be the actual main character. "Rich Douche Safari" is just the set-up. Incidentally, there's a Louis Theroux documentary about this very subject that's... Interesting.".

It would only be something I'd like to see, and Deathdrop I may look into that documentary, if nothing else then out of simple morbid curiosity. Hollywood seldom delivers actual depth in their film characters anymore and suspense is pretty much dead so other than thought provoking stimuli through the location I'm not hoping for much... At all.

Also the one moment I described would not be the entire plot of the movie, more the same as the side stories regarding the drug dealers and gang bangers in number two, just filler mostly to get an idea of how much fun the extra terrestrial killing machine is having down here culling us monkeys.

My sincerest apologies ahead of time, I'm a passive aggressive bitch before I have coffee in my hand to make me human again. lol.

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

it should be in that my little pony land. imagine yourself seeing a predator murder all kinds of ponies!

blue pony: what is that?

predator: *takes pony skull*

me: i am going to love this movie!

but seriously, i think it should be on their planet.