Dronehive, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

The opposite is true. It was evident that a chest buster, not a deacon, emerged on the original spaceship. The protomorph (jockey alien) looks completely different. While the comic it is in is no longer canon, it would look more like the original necromon that birthed the idea in the first place.

shockwave, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

What about a deacon chestburster. I mean, xenomorphs had chestbursters and the runner. Why cant the deacon can't have a chestburster stage huh.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Because the Deacon shown in Prometheus WAS a Chestburster, seeing as it had just emerged from its host. Although the Raven could have been the result of the Jockey being facehugged by a FACEHUGGER and not a TRILOBITE, the most likely answer is that it's a product of the radiation, like the Boiler.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I never liked that the proto-facehugger was called a trilobite. It makes me think of rolley pollies, pill bugs, whatever the hell you want to call. Its just not scary when it reminds you of something you have fond memories of catching as a kid.

But in alien 3, the runner emerged as a full grown alien

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

It wasn't a full grown Alien. I can't quote anyone on this, but I'm pretty sure the reason it was designed in a dog stance with four limbs was to showcase the fact that Xenos take the traits of their host to better survive whatever environment they're born in. In-universe, it just had more time to develop in the host due to the fact that it couldn't quite break out in time (which is the same reason why some Chestbursters already have tiny arms by the time they come out). You can clearly see it struggle to break out in the director's cut where the host still is an ox.

The original plan was for it to be an Oxalien, so I'm guessing they just didn't have enough time to do a redesign (which doesn't make any sense because the original Chestburster design already existed).

What if the samething happened to the enginear,

I know I just edited my post to include this fact, but it's clear in the director's cut that the Dogalien struggled to break out of the ox. The Deacon came out smoothly.

In any case, the only reason it would struggle is because its host has a tough exterior. From the very first Alien film, we see that Chestbursters have no problem bursting out of Engineers' chests.

The movie only showed half of what happened. When the ending first started. The engineer was lying on the ground in pain

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

The reason that I heard as to why the Dog/Ox Alien came out so developed was the larger chest cavity, but struggling to break free would have been plausible too. I'd assume that the reason that the Deacon came out so large and developed was the larger chest cavity, but I doubt it was fully grown, seeing as the Xenomorph usually always ends up larger than the host.

You do have a point there but what I meant was that it came out looking like a full grown alien. I need to be more detailed next time. sorry

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Even disregarding that there is no evidence to support that Deacon could be created on LV-426. There's no evidence black goo present at all on the planet. Further more to create a Deacon you would need the Trilobite which is of human origin. So unless the Deacon from Prometheus flew a ship over to LV-426 there would need to be another Human with a mutated sperm/embryo Trilobite to then impregnate an Engineer to get a Deacon who just happened to lay dormant on the planet for a while. Which the whole process would require the goo that we have no evidence for being on the planet. There's no basis to assume that the Raven is a Deacon.

Yes it may have come from the original space jockey engineer that crashed on the planet but that would more likely have come from Xeno eggs which we know are on the planet.

Does anyone else have links to these articles that contain evidence at all?

What if there was a deacon queen they came hundreds of years after prometheus and was on a diffrent ship

I... I don't follow.

im playing aliens cm right now for ps3!

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm out.