skull_ripper, Yautja, 11 years ago

I think the classic predator would have won the under normal circumstances.

Why he didn't win: he was strung up for god only knows how long, plus his armor and weapons had gone to shit while he was dying from starvation and dehydration.

Why he should have won: if he would have been healthy he would have won. he got in some good blows, stabbing the other predator (the only thing super about him was how ugly he was) several times. and the dipshit Badblood cheated by using his plasma caster. he almost beat him even though he was in worse shape. Classic for the win!

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

A lot of people here making good points....

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

@DD: That's a great way to put it.

I still enjoyed the "samurai" duel in Predators, though, mostly because I saw it like this: Falconer didn't refuse to use his plasma caster because of honor, he did it because he was confident he could take down the Yakuza guy without it - in other words, with skill.

I'm not sold on the whole honor thing, either. That doesn't mean some Predators don't follow that code, but it shouldn't represent their species as a whole.

Imagine if Predators thought we were all angry black Austrian Jew Asians.

krio, Yautja, 11 years ago

it is not like honor is a religion.honor is just honor!not a god that must be worshipped and dishonor is not a sin.like saying that a predator needs to have honor makes him a good guy.a hero.he is a f*cking space monster!no super hero!and most people come in my way complaining with shit like:that predator from pred 2 really was a honorfull hero.....nigga i have to slap yo face.he killed thousands of humans.

"hey....mommy got killed by a space creature that was 20 times stronger then her......but the fight was fair so her death was her own fault."

its like you want to say that!

^Yeah I used to think that but then I kinda thought about it for a while and I'm like "That doesn't make much sense at all."

So like you said the Predators aren't really heros but people still favor them over the Xenomorphs.

stevethepwny, Yautja, 11 years ago

I can understand the teaming up with humans part of AVP, sort of, he was a young blood you have to remember that, Teaming up with her showed that he had a great regard for her as a warrior. That aside, I don't think we're done with the sneaky predator just yet, they are bound to make a comeback, I assume that not every predator is the same, some may want to be more stealthy like the Jungle hunter, and then other may want to shoot for the rugby player in armor style. As for the "Super" predators, I think that was just the name given to them because they pretty much killed everything in the movie. In reality they are nothing more than a group of skilled bad bloods. Well that's my two cents for now

^Interesting two cents

Voltage-3000, Yautja, 11 years ago

some spoils: well they all have personalities, some are more cruel and wretched than the rest some are preferred hunters and some are young and reckless. The one in AVP 2 was to get the job done and destroy evidence he could careless of his honor when it meant more to his species. in avp 1 the younger ones were doing anything to survive and be able to move on to their next phase. so they went down pretty quick and the chick was pretty much left out in the snow to die seen as a an equal in some form. predators well you seen how those assholes were, tying up another who made a deal to bring the humans home if they helped him. it depends on the predator, degrading or not they all cant be the same or it just becomes stale. they have their own views they arent a single minded race.

it also came down to their weapons, bulky wear was probably due to weapon choices like bigger plasma casters and those giant arm blades, some preds were probably larger than others and wore heavy dense armor since they were strong and could swing a alien around like a sack of oranges. the smallers ones could be stealthier and quick and use small cannons and lighter weapons since they are agile. some were even more decorative showing off what they were, being the alpha male in the group.

now and then they bring back the hunter type but would it be more fun to hide and kill something quick or go into epic battle by wrestling it down and making it worth more than just a shot from afar?

Couldn't have said it better. They're a species that THINKS, obviously - just because they're not human doesn't mean we can assume they're all the same like we do with dogs or Xenomorphs, and even in THOSE species there are exceptions.

I like that Predators began to establish that. Our fandom has been so pressed with the whole "but they're anhonorable species!" thing as if they were all the same exact individual (which is a paradox just by those choice of words).

As honorable as they get is their heritage, believing in their ancestors and replacing them as the new warrior that will bring glory. then their is rational thought that we perceive as honor. i mean why chase a bug when you can chase a deer that will feed you with meat and cloth you with pelt?

so for example you are sick whats the point in killing you? thats not honorable thats just common sense the apex feeling they get that you dont matter and they do get irritated if you try to pursue them after they swat you away. But they do think on their own and some will have the compassion to spare you and use you as a tool or train you like pet to help them fight a horde, even bargain with you if you make sense.

they see humans as reckless but some do prove themselves of a worthy fight which then reaches to height of honor because you are worth being mantled over their space ship.
The elders even gave trophies from time periods to certain humans who made themselves respectable. that is probably as high as you can get with that.

i can really go on about this subject. :P

EDIT: blizzard deleted his comment so now i wrote more and will probably stop

I will

When it came to losing the predators had to find the dead bodies and or any preds being autopsied on. that gave away what they are and their technology not that they are such a secluded species but they are smart and know humans can adapt to their technology like a pred can adapt to them. seeing how in predators the main human (sorry i forget names fast) tried the arnold technique by covering himself in mud. but he saw through it eventually. but as you can see they watch over the human race probably because they fear them. They see how they act and work even if they got superior tech humans can still find a way around.

as reckless as they are they can ruin shit for the predators if they get their tech. but even so a human can kill them with such primitive tech as well so if they get ahold of theirs theres no telling what they can do but at the same time easily can wipe them out.

so we go back to the bulky and thin types, see now not all of them had the same tech as each other i dont think they have a series of helmets you can buy like apple does with their phones, you probably have to install certain tech and what you might need. so more armor for a queen that can rip you in half. in times of war against aliens they have divisions probably within large clans or would join clans together, they arent small groups as you see in the movies.
Large preds in high tech armor could fight giant aliens and knock down waves, smaller ones were more Ops that work smaller deals like assassinating and what not. And dont get me wrong i dont think any of them would give up their cloak, it helps hide their bodies if they cant kill themselves. and or conceal themselves so they can study and watch over the humans. its not always about killing either mostly they had to round up these people in some time so their is prep and then theirs hey we got a situation go face it now. which came down to things being different, not being able to hunt like they would of the first pred.

The moves took place during proving rites, missions and or research and or just great sport. so each had their own mood and setting.

They respect aliens with such honor is because they are a swarm, a never ending killing spree and as spoke were unmerciful challenge that never gave second chances to anyone. aliens dont need tech to kill, they are just able to do so with their biology. They have no thought process to get smart and use lasers like humans. but i do know they dont want their species be perverted with alien biology so they will destroy anything that may mock what they are. honorable or not they have this apex thing i was talking about, they feel like they are gods and want to keep it that way and kill off anything that may prove they are weak. So honorable species is what you see.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

On a semi-related note, I'd love to see a comic or novel that dealt with the different clans/tribes/factions within Pred society. Something like that could allow every version of them we've seen to be legitimate.

Yeah, that would be killer (pun realized after typing).
Id like to see female predators, and children ranging in age from babies to teenagers.
like a tribe gathering for a festival or something.
I think it would be cool too make a movie were you see it from there perspective. with subtitles to translate, no verbal translation. like when the hunter/warrior comes home from the hunt he walks in and is greeted by his mate, and his kids are playing with the "dog" and are all yeah daddy's home! (dog being a predator hound, of course) you know, they have lives other than hunting. And they usually don't go on there first hunt until there fifty. so they probably get jobs to pay for hunting equipment, like teens on earth save up to buy there first car. just say'n.

Jokes aside, I don't want them to become too human.

I agree somewhat, but they still have lives, and i think it would be cool to explore them.
I also think a total bloodbath classic style predator movie should come out at the same time, or right after.