Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

Supposedly the deleted scenes (some of which are in this draft) add a lot to the story. I'm still holding out hope for a Director's Cut...

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

@Dave: Yeah, I know a lot of things didn't make sense and I just shrugged them off, but that's something that just doesn't make any sense to me. They showed the Derelict, they presented a lone Jockey, they even introduced a Xenomorph - was it really more important to have a pointless sequel than to tie everything up?

I'm not asking for the level of extreme linearity The Thing's prequel had, but showing all of that stuff in the trailers and then not giving us stricter tie-ins to Alien is like telling your kid you're getting him Legos for his birthday and showing up to the party with Mega Bloks.

Don't get me wrong, I like those neat little Halo guys Mega Bloks has now. But that's just terrible parenting.

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

What I don't get is that Prometheus took place in the year 2091 and alien took place years before. How can it be a prequel if it took place years before?

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

the reason i think it is not in the franchise at all!

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

@BA: If I remember right, we actually had that discussion months ago, but I don't know if anyone came up with a good answer.

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

Alien took place in 2122.