-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

To your "clam" answer: ...Because this film finally addresses what the rest of the films have successfully ignored for the past 30+ years. Why wouldn't we be interested in what Engineers do? The only thing we knew about the most mysterious thing to ever grace film was that it sat in a big chair and somehow became known as a "Space Jockey." We thought it had an elephant trunk, and apparently something popped out of its body.

As for whether or not it reminded me of Alien, it did, actually. The sets, the atmosphere, the Jockey suits, the Derelict-like ship, the urns organized as if they were dormant Xenomorph eggs, the constant shots of wall carvings of what's obviously a Xenomorph strain... we even had a decapitated synthetic, just for good measure.

Also, let's not reply to each other anymore, Alienxeno and Engineer, especially if it concerns religion. That argument is bigger than the both of you and does not belong on this forum.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

To reiterate - there is to be no more talk about religion in this topic, regardless of your beliefs. If this continues warnings will be issued.

If you wish to talk religion, keep it in the off topic thread, or seek alternative methods.

Prometheus, reminded me of Alien more than any other film in the franchise. It actually had that old school atmosphere that made my skin crawl - space explorers coming across unspeakable things in claustrophobic environments. Not to mention...ohh, let's see, things 'bursting' out of people...giant alien spacecraft resembling the 'Derelict'........huge hulking creatures sporting elephantine features.....

Anyone not seeing ties or resemblance to Alien must have watched the film with their eyes closed...

XenoPred321, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I think I just realised why aliens burst from the chastal cavity( I think thats how you spell it) the first xeno to come out of a human grew like a fetus so really if you think about it the parasitic way that the alien grows makes sence since the first of its kind grew as if it were a child and (this is a bit gross what i'm about to say) if you look at a facehugger and the way they inject the xeno seed into a host is loosely based off of well... intercourse

^The idea that a Facehugger's face is both a vagina and a penis isn't that far-fetched, considering Giger originally drew his Drone as a giant masturbating dick monster and that it eventually sodomized Lambert in Alien before killing her.

XenoPred321, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ xD

ENGINEER, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Man when I saw that giant penis octopussy thing come out the door, I was like shiiiiiiiit.

What? James Bond has nothing to do with this. Except maybe he and not-Rooney have fun accents.

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

ladies and gentlemen xenomorphs of all ages please welcome the twisted mind of -Bloo-!!! All jokes aside that was kinda like a MEGA facehugger because it seemed to plant the protomorph inside that last engineers body.

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

-clapping for bloo- this guys saying what we're all thinking, and it kinda freaky how the trilobite grows so fast

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

huey voice:ehh.......

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

i was just joking ax

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

okay.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Let's try to get this thing back on topic, please.

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

So what do you guys think? Was the Protomorph in the engineer already or did the squid rape monster impregnate the last engineer

tawganator, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I would like to think that the Engineers were sabotaged by one of their own crew. Either to stop them from going to destroy earth and its inhabitants, kinda like some extreme activist. Or that the Engineer in the movie unleashed it upon the crew as a means of taking control of the ship and escaped the carnage by entering his stasis pod, because anyone who is capable of genocide clearly has problems. I mean did you see how he smiled while killing those humans?

Oh and yes the Triblodite was responsible for impregnating the Engineer.

I don't understand the commotion I've started either, DD.

I thought it was a no-brainer that the Protomorph was the squid's doing. I don't remember any other reason for that happening (except the obvious reason of Ridley wanting to make some fans happy).

osirus, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

The secret in my opinion is in the name! But still has holes as do all the theories do with all the unexplained shit in the movie! The theory of the aliens having some control over the engineers and or being worshiped by them seems good? The engineers are all about sacrifice for life the reach use to sacrifice throughout history... The Chamber in the move seems to have a mural of a xenomorph and an engineer who seems to love the fact that he's just given his life for the live of the xenomorph! Ok if a weapon? Why make a mural???? I don't know mabe another hole in the story? Mabe they are a few extremists who worship xenomorphs since they seen to be very into sacrifice??? And there government can to shit them down??? Who the egg knows? But!!!! The story of prometheus is that he stole fire from zues for man to live!! Mabe!!! The engineers created us in there infinite quest to seed the universe for the xenomorphs but they learned to love us as there prized creation and warned us not to go to this planet!! Mabe that's when a few freedom fighter engineers who wanted to protect there greatest creation who resembled them so much an learned to advance quicker than other races they created attacked the base where the ships that held the shipment of good was to stop the destruction ? I don't know? Sounds just as good as any other one? So aliens are gods to engineers because they are the ultimate sacrifice...engineers created a race with dna so similar to them they fell inlove and did not want them to be destroyed!? Mabe lol

That was painful to read, but you at least bring up some discussion-worthy points.

I personally don't think there was anything particularly special about the Xenomorph class of weapon - I think any species that emerges from the liquid is supposed to cleanse a planet's population the way Xenos do it. Or maybe they ARE special because weapons that emerge from humanoid species eventually resemble the Xenomorphs we're familiar with, and humanoid species may be the most common that Engineers encounter.

The mural on the wall WAS undoubtedly thrown in for us long-time fans, but vague enough that it probably couldn't be a Xenomorph.

Lol! Sorry not good at getting my words out in a reader friendly way! I have so much to say as IM writing one thing ten others pop into my head lol!

You bring valad points to the table! I love hearing what people have to say because anyone of us could be spot on or way off! Won't know till got dam 2015...