OTANG, Yautja, 11 years ago

Haha. oh! Not to mention the Elder also had no mask when he cloaked. Just passing through, Bloo. :)

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

your profile picture looks like he is getting punched in his nuts.no offense.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

Silence. Otang is OG. Bitches don't even KNOW 'bout Otang.

okay.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well, I'm glad that's been resolved.

death drop!say the words!say:topic closed.say it!

jjayman117, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well in Predator 2, didn't a lot of predators come out of cloaking when the detective killed the "city hunter"

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Yeah, but they had masks on. In avp however the elder cloaked without the mask so that raises a whole new question

EliteHunter13, Yautja, 11 years ago

Obviously not, otherwise they wouldnt need their masks.

ThePredator13, Yautja, 11 years ago

i've finally looked this up on xenopedia, no they do not need their masks to cloak, they use the masks to help them breathe and get tactical reading and such but they do not need it to cloak, cloaking is acessed via their wrist guantlet

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

@Elite Hunter: Precisely. I mean, they don't use their helmets for trivial BS like different vision, audio recording and protection - cloaking is the only reason, as far as we know. It's not even an emblem of their clan. Nope.

that could be true but(i'm not trying to be a jerk) on what i read up on is it's acessed via wrist gauntlet but this is why they need their helmets.... the need to breathe dont they, well without their mask they could only survive a week on earth at best because they need their methane rich envoirment to breathe, thats why they usaully hunt in jungles (with the exeption of city hunter) near the equator, becaus it has that eviorment, and so they strain there lungs alot less, also a pred would die if sent to a planet its lungs could not take meaning they would have to keep their mask on at all times. It's not trival, they need it to breathe on certain planets, otherwise they would not take it off on earth, notice when in low oxygen eviorments they always keep their masks on, which is supposedly so they dont sufficate, it could be used to cloak but as bloo said earlier, why the hell would you be wearing armor that couldn't cloak without a helmet, it wouldn't be so... i dont know cool as it would be the why the fucking hell can't it cloak, their supposed to be excellent with tech and highly intelligent beings(still dont know why they haven't used water-proffing) otherwise they would only be super-humanly strong and durible and then they could not travel to other worlds, as deathdrop said, if you can fit a thermo-nuclear bomb inside a wrist piece you sure as hell can fit in cloaking without a helmet, and besides this site even has the cloaking seprate from the mask. So who knows what the awnser is, it's one of those mysterys that will never be solved unless you talk to the people predators.

Actually, I was being the jerk, what with the sarcasm and all. I generally disagree with everything I said in my last post.

oh :p i really critical of myself and have problems with understanding sarcasm without emotes so yeah.....

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

Sorry to revive a dead Topic.

This raises a whole new question, If you DON'T need a mask to cloak (Depending on wether AvP is considered canonical) then what is the purpose of the mesh that predators use to cover exposed parts of there body. We've always considered the use of that mesh to be cloaking, But if you don't a helmet then why would you need a thin mesh.

I mean its not like they have mesh on there faces.

It would get stuck on there mandibles.

And that would look silly.

I'm guessing it's a tempurture regulator, like when they went to the artic, the mesh heats up and keeps them warm

Other than heat control, I don't see another reason for it.

I still don't know how the cloak is distributed evenly, though. It may be that a certain device on the wrist computer only triggers living tissue of the Predator species' origin, which is why it never cloaks humans that cloaked Predators touch.

AlienWarriorX888, Yautja, 11 years ago

They can't cloak without their masks. Their masks control their whole armor system, along with their netting. The netting is connected to the helmet and it produces the camo.

AlienWarriorX888, Yautja, 11 years ago

Although, in Predator 2, when the ones at the end walked away w/no mask they cloaked.......so maybe it can be controlled my their net only or their wrist pad.

I think that was established, like, 2 pages ago. The netting is for temperature control, and many Predators have been seen cloaking without the mask.