DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

@P
The hybrids have nothing to do with the Hive, they mostly belong in my clan. Mine was supposed to act as the second human clan, so you can just add the hybrid class to the humans. After all, the cloned Ripley was mostly part of the human faction.

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

When I talk about the hive it's not The Hive clan (I should have been more clear) it's the hive structure, the hybrid doesnt fit with the other alien classes, which I agree, it looks weird there.

I understand that the hybrid might have a place in DBO but the only way for me to add it is if I create a new "Other" species. Which I might do in the future but not for now.

This isnt against anyone, I just dont want to go too off with the skills in a way they dont make any sense. You might notice that also the Yautja Berserker isnt included.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Or the carreir or ravenger. Its just easy for now everyone. As P said I'm sure we will work to incorporate the hybrids into the site at a later date.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It should be stressed that this stuff is still in the early stages. If enough people want hybrids, it can probably be worked in eventually. Until then, feel free to continue playing them in the sparring chamber or in clan RPG's or whatever.

Well I don't know what a berserker, carrier or that other thing are, but I was suggesting you make it like the synthetic. Just add one more class to the humans, write that they've been cloned together with Aliens, they have superior strength and resistance and acid blood. We're still be using mostly human weapons, unless you consider that beating people to death is strictly inhuman behavior. Unless this system is supposed to completely restrict how we make our characters look and behave, you shouldn't need to add claws, tails and other stuff like that, just the class and from there it goes to the human weapons and armor selection thingy. If it IS meant to restrict character creation options and I have to give up some of my abilities, I guess I will, but the whole character, nah.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Thank you for your opinion DW we will take it into consideration. The whole point of the new classification of races isnt to restrict members on their characters but to provide a set of guidlines so that they may be actually used in an RPG, our last skill set that we had, and you know this of course, did not precisly work well in RPG's with the new classification it will allow us to use a simple system to add a new twist to events and to limit the confusion of any of our younger members.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

"Thank you for your opinion DW we will take it into consideration."

Nah, hybrids are stupid and that is why they only made it in two movies and those movies were the worst received out of the entire series's. All sarcasm aside Peterson and Deathdrop are right.

What, there's a movie other than Resurrection that has hybrids?

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Technically I was bashing all hybrids so the predalien in AVPR had to be included.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Just to clarify: Yes, we WILL try to work hybrids in. We're not out to nerf anyone's characters; we should be able include everyone.