killswitch, Yautja, 13 years ago

Does the site get allot of Spam to clean up?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

The worst we get is the occasional bot. Interested?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

OH OH OH OH MEMEMEMEMEME I WANT I WANT <- isn't that like already freakin mod material right there?

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 13 years ago

yo.. long time no post guys and gals how's everybody doing?

more importantly, I vote for DeathWraith as mod

that's right... I wrote that :P

FireHunter, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'd be happy to be a mod, I mean, I'm active, and I suppose I'm the leader of The HIVE, so wouldn't it kind of make sense?

Of course, I'l throw my name down, I've had experience moderating other forum's. But hey, I respect that there's a couple of members like fire hunter and DW that have actually been here regularly for the past year.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

[Braces to get shot down]

Yeah, I'm up for the job.

Wow, me and Malus as mods, just... stop for a moment and picture that...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

Dunn as a mod?

I'd rather give the job to Assassin.

Ok, so Firehunter, Killswitch, and Mebber. You guys would be my picks. I'll see what PV2 thinks.

(Deathwraith, I assumed you were joking. Do you actually want to try it out?)

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

"(Deathwraith, I assumed you were joking. Do you actually want to try it out?)"

Even if he was serious I'd rather have dun be a mod...Eh. Not

You catch me with this issue only when i'm very tired and might not have the most rational opinions. But yeah, I thought since i'm very active i could try... I don't know what else you guys do, but this site and /x/ are the only places i go to on the internet, if you don't count trackers, search engines and video hosting sites. I'm also thinking it could help get some discipline back into me, after all i would have to act like a mod if were a mod.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

O_o I would give money to see if what he says is right xD

but nope I don't see that happen DW
You have to almost change your whole life like 80% to even look a bit like a mod.But that's just my opinion and It is not an insult cause I just don't think this would be a job for you ^^

Good thing everyone already knows that you're an idiot, otherwise they might take that into consideration. ^^

Just kidding, i don't think you meant that, because i don't think anyone can say something that stupid in a serious manner, but just in case you did... 80% of my life??? Do you even think about what you're about to say before you say it? You think i would have to change 80% of my life to be able to delete posts and lock threads on a forum on the internet??? God damnit i mean you've known me for a few months, time in which you've said some stupid things and i yelled at you to stop saying stupid things, do you even take factors into consideration before drawing a conclusion??

Silly Shadowwall, good thing you weren't being serious, otherwise i'd quickly start to believe that you may just be one of the greatest morons i've ever talked to, you awesome and respectable subleader of the Silent Assassins, you know i love you.

The place has certainly loosened up in time. People say quit blatantly offensive things on here and everyone appears to absorb it in their stride. I would have fit in here nicely about 5 years ago, anyway... I grew up instead.

I respect that my activity on here recently all but rules me out of a potential position. I wouldn't want to step on any toes.

I actually remember you saying blatantly offensive things around here just last year or so, until i said some back and then we had a short quarrel and agreed to stop doing it. AND ALL BECAUSE you became my role model for this site some time after i first joined, one day i just thought "hey wait a minute, killswitch calls people idiots and doesn't afraid of anything, i can do that too". Seriously. But yeah, haven't seen you doing that lately, so that's kinda making me look bad.

hahaha thats actually very strange to hear, I feel like a bad influence, like Eminem or something, and yes, I remember the incident your referring too, I hadn't recognised your username and was gobsmacked some newb was giving me grief. Based on what you've said, apparently I only have myself to blame lol.

Anyway, I think its better for the community that we treat each other with a little respect, Ive also seen some potentially good threads petered out because the conversation became ridiculous. No amount of moderation can correct these things, its just a group decision we have to make to better our forum experience.

All newbs post silly threads, my first thread on this site about 6 years ago was "who better aliens or predators", I know rite, but nobody made fun of me or posted silly comments resulting in the locking of the thread and a bad taste in my mouth. You mentioned some things about newbs being useless, we gotta welcome them a little better, mould them so to speak. People see new members posting questionable topics and they see its as an opportunity to SPAM the thread.

"People see new members posting questionable topics and they see its as an opportunity to SPAM the thread."

Yea, that's pretty much what i've been doing and it doesn't help that Deathdrop decided to join in at some point. My first thread was also stupid, it was an attempt at an off-topic thread so easily accepted these days and it got locked right away. But you never know what a "who's better alien or predator" thread could turn into, i've had some pretty interesting discussions in silly threads started by newbs. I don't remember saying newbs are useless just like that, it's probably out of context, after all without newbs my clan would be deserted.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

@ DW I just don't believe you can be a mod

@Killswitch you are absolutly right but yet again we are talking off-topic :), Yea we all make mistakes but indd No more insulting and stuff. (You know the circle of life or fire xD)

But I don't think I really insulted anyone seriously on this site before only a few comments on DW but I don't think those are insults.

Peterson even said to me that I should be nice to DW and not insult him and stuff And then I was like oh so I can't insult the bringer of evil? But I got over that and know i'm just wandering around joining a few conversations like this trying to achieve something
But I like the way you think and in the future there will be PEACE ^^
k know I gotta use the toilet

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

"you are absolutly right but yet again we are talking off-topic "

At least it is an constructive off-topic disscusion without insults, if we shout "Stop it, Off-Topic!" each time people starts thinking about previous mistakes there wouldn't be any chance to change the tenor dominating this site at all.

@Shadowwall
I'm not the bringer of evil you silly, you just think i am because you have a personal grudge against me. You see in my view, the bringer of evil is someone who bumps a pinned topic all alone to make it look like it's not deserted. The bringer of evil is someone who accepts Dragous into his clan and then helps him spam three pages of his clan's request topic with a conversation like between Spongebob and Patrick. The bringer of evil is someone who calls Peterson a Queen. The bringer of evil is someone who tells me not to be so harsh to the spambots because they are people too. Shadowwall, do you know anyone who has successfully accomplished all of the above?