the_doctor, Undefined, 14 years ago

Oh FFS people, He is saying he is going to ignore the sequels and treat this like it is a direct follow on. that does in no mean or way suggest that it will retcon AvP or predator 2 from the canon. Basically he is saying its his approach to the film. oh and btw erasing predator 2 from the canon would change everything about the predators. so I dont see how you could be happy about that as most of the sociological elements to the creaturte were added in pred 2. So unless there is evedince that there is something in the FILM to contridict AvP and pred 2 you should shut up. doing a direct sequel to the first film does not automatically imply an erasure of the previous films....

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 14 years ago

I'm not implying that, it's his opinion that sets me off. I just think he should keep it to himself. I agree with you Doc, but dont take me wrong, I just think he's a bit conceited, but what about my post and what I said about the Predalien/Praetorian theory? Any responses to that?

relax Hunter_Predator my comments were more directed at tashux22

Apologies

mr_loco, Undefined, 14 years ago

I agree, this is Robert Rodriguez's own opinion and does not mean that we should forget the movies, just cuz he doesn't like the other sequels doesn't mean that they should be forgotten. Predator 2 is a great movie in the series and imo one of the best. I don't like Rodriguez's attitude, he's too conceited, just like James Cameron is. Yes they are great directors, but for cryin out loud they don't have the right to dictate what other fans consider is good and what not. I will always consider all the movies to be part of the canon. Rodriguez is not the man who came up with the whole idea to Predator anyway, so who is he to say some shit like that...

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

Personally i don't understand people's problem with Predator 2. It was great, made the predator look awesome, i know it had some bad reviews, but it had a great plot, great action, great characters and actors... How the hell do you make a direct sequel to Predator when there's a movie out there called Predator 2? That's just disrespectful in my opinion.

Sorry for the same post being posted 3 times, my computer was trippin real bad... Anyway I deleted all my repeated posts except for one..

Death Wraith, I finally agree with you on everything you said!

Dear God me and Death Wraith actually agree on something. my feelings exactly.

I have people who see my opinions ^^, I know everyone said they finally agree with DW, and I understand why thats so special, but you all also agree with me, finally lol.

Lets also not forget that Predator 1 had nothing more than the Wristblades and Plasma Caster, Predator 2 introduced nearly everything else, other than the whip. The shurikens derived from the disc. without P2 they'de only have wristblades and caster, now grant it I wouldn't mind that, but I'm certain other fans would hate it.

I'm putting Rodriguez in James Cameron's level, can make ok-great movies, but conceited and disrespectful as hell.

Yeah that's what I said too, that Rodriguez and James Cameron are on the same page when it comes to makin movies and being hella conceited as well as disrespectful.... So yeah I totally agree with you too

Shadowwall, Undefined, 14 years ago

Attention attention their has been found an aggreement in this discussion wich involves many people :D

Let's all hug each other and hiss out loud
" Make love not war!!!!! "

The peacekeeper of shadow has appeared in this already legendary discussion

I'll drink to that Shadow!

Shadowwall, Undefined, 14 years ago

Cheerz mate :D