mr_loco, Yautja, 14 years ago

Man most of y'all is hatin too much IMO.. AVP and AVPR didn't kill the Predator franchise for me, it brought my interest back. Yeah they weren't perfect, but far from total garbage that most people out there try to say about it... I don't understand how the haters can call themselves fans of Predator when they talk shit about the AVP movies and say that this new Predator 3 is probably gonna be garbage too.. To me both AVP movies are made more in a predator fashion, with so so acting and great action and not to mention that the first AVP film stayed very true to the original comic, except for that it took place in a different timeline.
Anyway back to topic, I'm looking forward to the new Predators movie and I think it's gonna be great....

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

Well I have new news on the Predator movie

Predators
Also known as: "Predator 3"
Directed by:
Nimrod Antal
Robert Rodriguez (Former)
Starring:
Danny Trejo
Walton Goggins
Adrien Brody
Alice Braga
Oleg Taktarov
Mahershalalhashbaz Ali
Louiz Ozawa
Laurence Fishburne
Topher Grace (In Talks)
Screenwriter:
Alex Litvak
Michael Finch
Producer:
Robert Rodriguez
Joel Silver
John Davis
Executive Producer:
â€â€
Cinematographer:
â€â€
Composers:
â€â€

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alien Prequel
Also known as: "Aliens 5"; "Aliens 7"
Theatrical Release:
TBA (Development)
Starring:
view full cast
â€â€
Directed by:
Ridley Scott
Genres:
Action Sequel Fantasy Horror Sci-Fi
Distributor:
20th Century Fox
MPAA Rating:
â€â€
SYNOPSIS
The film is set up to be a prequel to the groundbreaking 1979 film that Ridley Scott directed. It will precede that film, in which the crew of a commercial towing ship returning to Earth is awakened and sent to respond to a distress signal from a nearby planetoid. The crew discovers too late that the signal generated by an empty ship was meant to warn them.

Am I right?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

Lately I've been thinking that, uh... if Robin Hood is any good, I might consider getting excited about this.

I seen the previews 2 times now..looks good, but not 300 good. Anyway, Avatar in 3-d is good. =sighs=

Previews of Predators?

celtic102, Yautja, 14 years ago

i wish they would work on a new predator, i mean we already have 4 alien movies anyway. nice to see ridley making a prequel but a predator 3 would be nice to see.

bloodangel, Yautja, 14 years ago

i get you man but people are such haters

um, celtic...they are making a new predator movie and a new alien one too. Its called back read and read other threads.

KalinaXenoWolf, Yautja, 14 years ago

I hope they do make Predator 3 I'll go see it. Plus Paul Anderson should direct AVP3 then I'll throw some yang and go see the film. But the second one was boring, Jess was to stupid and screamed to dang much! Maybe her getting stuck on that wall by the pred wasn't an accident, maybe he got tired of her screechy voice along with the Xeno's!

the_doctor, Yautja, 14 years ago

i believe that paul anderson should never be allowed to direct anything ever again.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

I believe that he should just make Jason movies or something like that.

Man there's too much hate on Paul WS Anderson.. That dude has made some really good movies, and AVP 1 was good. His version of it was good, the directors cut was really well made.
It's not his fault that Fox wanted to dumb it down and make it PG-13 by cutting out the gore...

Anyway, this new Predator movie seems really cool, and the more I've been reading about it the more I wanna see it!

predatoress, Yautja, 14 years ago

"i believe that paul anderson should never be allowed to direct anything ever again."

Doc, I just gotta love you lol

MrXeno, Yautja, 14 years ago

I think Paul W. S. Anderson is good at directing, just as Uwe Boll is at making movies...

AvP 1 was not good, it was below average. Gore does not make a good movie, gore makes a shitty movie. There were some good scenes in AvP but the whole story of it is pretty idiotic.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

^ THANK YOU. I'm tired of hearing that it would have been great if not for the gore being cut.

Use that logic with any other bad movie. If Ultraviolet had a giant fountain of blood in the middle of it, would it magically stop sucking?

This "unrated" bullshit usually consists of adding a few CGI bloodspurts in the death scenes so they can sell the "unrated" version at a jacked-up price.

Cetanu-655, Yautja, 14 years ago

I myself love avp2 nd 2. And all the alien and predator movies. Not because of the movies them selves, but because I love the creatures and the franchise.

Deathdrop>> The unrated version didn't just add gore, it added mostly dialog... it was 8 minutes longer and it's a really good movie.. Either way that's my opinion, I know not everyone agrees, but man there's so much hate on these movies, would you guys who dislike them rather not have any AVP movies at all? This is what they did and imo they did not fail. Maybe I'm just a die hard Predator and AVP comic book fan, but either way I for one love the story and the plot of AVP and so what that they speeded up the Alien life cycle, who give's a shit anyway it's just a movie anyway...
The actors, the Special FX people, the director and the writers all did a great job in what they did....
AVP-R I can understand when people talk about the bad acting, but that's mainly cuz The Brothers Strause wanted the town to look like you're normal small town with everyday people and I can respect that, that's why I appreciate the movie more too...
And let's not kid ourselves, the gore does count in a Predator or Alien movie. If you see a chestburster bust out of a human chest and there's no blood, that looks kinda funny don't u think? But no PG-13 doesn't have to ruin a good action movie though, look at Terminator Salvation, now that's a great action movie imo and it's only rated PG-13....

Yes, i'm pretty sure most people here would rather not have had any AvP movies at all. They didn't exactly add anything much and all they did was get on our nerves really.

For example, i'd give all the memorable scenes from AvP for that retarded excuse for a predalien from AvP2 never to have been created. I'd say all the memorable scenes from AvP2 too, but i can't remember anything from it.

From AvP i remember Grid's fight, i remember the awesome plasma bolts, i remember the fight with the Queen, but the dialogue and the story made it seem like a parody.

About AvP2 i only remember that it was an overall good movie and that there was no predalien in it, just some shitty immitation of one.

Cetanu-655, Yautja, 14 years ago

I have to agree with Mr_Loco on the stuff he said. But i must also add that AvP2 was kind of disapointing.