Pred_Killer, Yautja, 14 years ago

I think they need to change it in future films. My fan-fics generally go as 'Aliens = Stronger, more animalistic' 'Predators = Better equipped, more intelligent'.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

You can't expect one movie to completely disregard the facts of another. That would make both films looks bad; the latter because it makes it seems as if it was so bad that it needed to be ignored and the former for completely fucking with the continuity of the films.

But it is completely undermining to the original concept of the Alien, pisses on it, It needs to be changed, for the sake of the Alien fans.

But the Alien was never fully portrayed as an immortal shadow thing. The only reason it was never killed was because the crew was unarmed, ill-prepared and just normal people. The Warriors in Aliens were so easily killed because they were facing trained and armed marines briefed for the mission. Contrary to popular fan belief, they were, in fact, very much the same creatures you saw in Alien.

Aliens was basically just a huge What if?..., the 'What if' question being, "What if the guys in Alien were armed?" Later on in the movie it demonstrated how you take that question and make it interesting: Hey, let's add a Queen.

But it still makes the Aliens a whole lot less than they really are. It makes them little more than feral insects, yet they're so much more than that.

Okay, go ahead and piss and shit on the true beauty of the Xenomorphs, but I won't, nope. Not gonna do it.

CHAINS, Yautja, 14 years ago

the whole pred alien concept! there are so many theories on what it is excactly!

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Dude... you're coming from a whole different world.

sorry new to the site!

Hey I know you from AvP Spectrum! Welcome dude!

We've all been finding lost siblings around here lately, haven't we? Wait, is a month considered recent? Ah, never mind.

So anyway. I've been thinking lately: should City Hunter's Xeno trophy be considered canon? I mean honestly canon? I know it's in the film, but is that a good thing or bad thing?

thanks pred killer! yeah it was in the movie and did sort of pave the way for avp little. think the comics got the movies started but thats a different canon altogether!

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

@Bloo: It's sort of like E.T's cameo in the Star Wars prequel (I forget if it's 1 or 2, and don't care to watch them again to find out) It's there for you to spot as a fun little nod to another movie and not much more.

RESURRECTION, Yautja, 14 years ago

i find it odd how people add elements into a story, such as some people acknowledge the link between the predators and space jockeys, yet alien was made 8 years before predator, i dunno, just find it hard to get my head around it.

TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

Things that I wish never existed in canon? Oh boy there's quite a few. Although strangely the Predalien isn't one of them (the design was iffy but I do quite like the concept).

First we have the newborn and the Ripley clone from Alien Res. The newborn was just ugly and was just a disgrace to Giger's original Alien design. And Ripley should've died permanently in Alien 3, a much more heroic death. Instead we get pseudo-Ripley with acid blood (I can't imagine how this even works).

And from AVP we have the whole Predators, ancient civilizations concept. So apparently Predators are the true ancestors of ancient civilization, one that is a mix of Aztec, Inca and Combodian? And they taught these people how to build pyramids, one of which is inexpicably located in the middle of Antarctica?