assassin, Yautja, 14 years ago

wer all screwed

black_warrior, Yautja, 14 years ago

oh my god, i just have to agree with assassin because he put such an intelligent explination behind it.

being that Scott did the original Alien, i would not see how "wer all screwed"...could you elaborate?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

I still don't understand why a lot of you complain so much about AVP, AVPR is a shit movie compared to AVP. I mean look what the Strauses did, they made it so the predalien was really just a baby queen, how does that not irritate every alien fan here?!

The acting in AVPR was shit, it was too dark hardly enough light to even enjoy the gore. I mean every other damn scene was a montage to a previous movie, its a damn fan film not worth the money that was put into it.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:

AVPR is a fan film on youtube, but when you watch AVP at least you feel like your watching a real movie. Honestly anything that Ridley Scott puts out will be 100 times better than what the Strauses could think up.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Ummm. I do hate the predalien, but i like the rest of the movie. Just like Alien Resurrection. I hate the Newborn, but i really like the rest of the movie. On the other hand, i don't really like the first AvP. I preffer below averege to averege though, so that may just be me.

To each his own, but for future reference DeathWraith your opinion doesn't matter. Hah.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Don't make me start with one word posts.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

At least there's a much smaller chance of this failing as much as it could have, had it been a different director.

killswitch, Yautja, 14 years ago

i wouldn't get too excited. Everything that was positive about Alien, from the drawn out suspense to choosing not to expose the monster for long enough to allow the viewers imagination to scare the hell out of them WONT work anymore....... obviously, everyone is to familiar with the franchise to be scared by it, especially us lot.

Aliens worked because it wasent a remake, it was different, an action movie if you like. Alien 3 was essentially a remake of alien and it flopped, alien rez was essentially a remake of aliens and it completely bombed, Alien 5 ........... I doubt ridley would remake any movie, but where the hell is he going to go with this, excluding the nerds on this site (like me) the general viewer does not give a flying fuck about space jockeys and alien eggs. The movie will be exclusive to specific viewers (like us) juts like avp and it will suck, critically and commercially.

Speaking as probably the biggest ridely scott fan boy in the world, hes IS unfortunately VERY susceptible to making the odd flop, i cant see this going any other way. Hope im wrong, its difficult to say anything atm though, these are juts my initial thoughts.

Motives, my guess is hes been scared of this job for 31 years and has finnaly decided waht the fuck..... im 71 years old.

He probbaly watched Moon and though, this IS possible lol

Hive_Serpent, Yautja, 14 years ago

i didnt really like prequels, for me star wars movies 1 2 3 are the worst prequels, lets hope they make a great movie =/

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 14 years ago

Alien should not have a prequel.

It's much scarier when you do not know how the aliens came to be.

However, if it must be done, give it to Ridley.

True, and well said Killswitch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

Nice.

Also, I've been wondering for a while how they're going to make a prequel. How is this going to work? What is there to explain before Alien? AVP already tried that and the Aliens happened to be crucial in ancient rituals in which one commits suicide in a really cruel way.

And that sucked.

We can't go back to Ripley, since she didn't know anything about the Aliens. We could probably go back to the Jockeys, but that would take all the fun out of, "Dude, did you see that thing in Alien? That... was really cool."

Plus, if they did that, they would probably have to fit the Predators in there somewhere.

This will most likely be a Jockey Origins movie. Barely anything else won't even be a prequel, just another Alien movie.

kichigai, Yautja, 14 years ago

A new alien movie with the marines would rule! But im sure Ridly will do a good job.

ChrisP, Yautja, 14 years ago

I am looking forward to the prequal, Ridley always does great films.