Sam-Jack-Dunn, Human, 14 years ago

Still, we know one thing.

If the bullet gets through that armour, preddie is fucked.

Stalker, Human, 14 years ago

I wouldn't say that- In Predator 2, Harrigan hit it several times in the stomach & chest from close range with a shotgun & it got right back up. They are much more durable than humans, although I'm sure sustained rifle fire would be able to bring one of them down if the bullets were hitting exposed flesh.

XavierBlacknight, Human, 14 years ago

Stalker, You also need to think about the fact that the ammunition fired by the M41A explodes after contact, essentially detonating a small frag grenade inside of your body. Bit more damage than a shotgun there.

Stalker, Human, 14 years ago

I never said that a pulse rifle wasn't powerful enough to put a predator down, after all, they blasted straight through xenomorph hide in Aliens with no problem, but it would more than likely take several direct hits to actually finish the creature off, as they are very resilient to injury. And how often do you really get a clear shot at a predator? In the movies, whole clips were emptied at them that simply ricocheted off their armour or missed entirely.

Shotgun shells fired from close range have the ability to concave large areas of soft tissue as the pellets tear through flesh. Even with numerous wounds like this, and an amputated hand, the pred was still not stopped in the second film.

DeathWraith, Human, 14 years ago

"With the spots that are free on the periodic table, it is almost an impossibility that the material would be light in comparison to the elements we have, all of the spots at the lower end where the lighter materials are have all been taken. The material itself would have to have an atomic number of at least 120, Giving it a minimum atomic mass of 121 gmol-1, and that is with only one neutron."

Well i don't know about that. The 43rd element in the periodic table is a syntetic element. I assume the Preds have the means to stabilize and/or manipulate other light elements that can't be found naturally on Earth and could take the place of any other element in the periodic table. Especially since they don't COME from Earth.

concretehunter, Human, 14 years ago

ok... basicaly we would have no way of telling unless of compareing damage unless you are doing this whole crap about the periodic table because listen their must be more than that, we are a infinteciple spot on the universe, their is gunu be more minerals. k and also ... yes rapid fire probibaly would. but listen remember alienshave acid blood, since that carys nurtience well who isnt to say most parts of their bodys arent acidic saying it would be easyer to penatrate than with the origianol force and sharpness so i guess in rapid fire yes, butif a pulse rifle can very easly penatrate a alien then shure why not.

delta-boy, Human, 14 years ago

...Wut?

Deathdrop, Human, 14 years ago

I don't understand why we're still talking about this. If a xeno can break the armor, futuristic bullets must also be able to after a while.

Pred_Killer, Human, 14 years ago

It would rip them to shreds, especially the Plasma Rifle variant, which ripped through Xenos like a knife through butter, I assume a lightly armored Pred wouldn't be too much of a burden.

Deathdrop, Human, 14 years ago

Well, I'm glad that's been resolved.