predatoress, Human, 15 years ago

I have no idea what day is that, all I can combine it to is the green elves or smt...

Ahhh and DD: groundhog day isn't futile, you have to respect your ecosystem engineers who keep prairies and stuff up.

PREDATORv2, Human, 15 years ago

Oh screw the ecosystem! I'm going to remove all the catalictic converters on my cars, take that mother earth!

-Bloo-, Human, 15 years ago

It isn't the holiday itself that's useless. It's the people who celebrate it.

Christmas is an excuse to shop and get away from work. Halloween is an excuse for women to dress like a slut and get away with it. Valentine's Day is an excuse to ask for sex and not be slapped. Well, maybe. Thanksgiving is an excuse to eat yourself to death. Easter, well, that's still celebrated tradionally by Christians, but for everyone else, it's an excuse to hunt for eggs that some guy in a suit hides all over the local park and recieve a ridiculously expensive prize for it. New Year's Eve? No one celebrates the new year, they celebrate getting drunk and making resolutions they may not keep. St. Patrick's Day? Well, that's been explained already. 4th of July is an excuse for patriots to, uh, do their thing.

I can't think of one holiday here in the U.S. that hasn't been corrupted once brought over from somewhere else.

August... I think... doesn't have a major holiday. I may be wrong. Huh... maybe I'll search that up sometime. You know, last week a friend of mine brought that up. Or, something similar, at least. I forget what she was talking about, but it was really interesting.

A very interesting thing, though, is that a season starts. Or is that September? I'm not sure. My god, I know less than I thought I did already. Or maybe it's because it's 2:12 AM, I have an exam on Friday and I've been pulling pointless all-nighters all week.

Huh. I should be studying right now.

...Wait. What the hell was I talking about?

Deathdrop, Human, 15 years ago

National Talk-like-a-pirate day is still good...

predatoress, Human, 15 years ago

P - that's why Mother Earth will destroy you, mwahahaha!!! lol Actually those catalytic devices don't do a crap but makes the air smell like dung...

I like Finnish midsummer. Totally pagan celebration that church haven't managed to ruin with hypocritic crap. And it really shows in the drinking and mating rituals at that time...

PREDATORv2, Human, 15 years ago

"Actually those catalytic devices don't do a crap but makes the air smell like dung... "

Erm, no they super heat the exhaust of a car burning off most of the harmful chemicals. Making emmissies of modern vechicals a hell-of-a-lot cleaner. That and the fuel injection systems make modern cars about 99.99% cleaner than those of the 1970's and early.

And thats the last post for this topic.