Waralien, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Er, well, didn't remember that. But they didn't stop to remorce over their killed brother. It was either stay there getting sprayed with whatever the stupid doc sprayed them with or make a sacrifice and continue on. And it also goes back to the whole alpha pack leader thing. The other aliens look to him for support when they cannot recieve the orders from their Queen.

greyskull, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

It's possible that the alien eats the babies. However, I suspect that as a host for new xenomorphs I suspect that it rejects the idea. If we look at the biology of the xenomorphs they need a host that can accomodate the xeno embryo for a specific gestation period -- from what I've seen and read it's on the order of 6 to 8 hours. Once the gestation period is complete the new xeno must burst out of the chest. During this gestation period the embryo has to grow - and grow quickly which means it needs a lot of energy to create new skin, bones, armor, teeth, etc. Clearly it doesn't do so by eating its host from the inside (the hosts seen in the movies - from Kane all the way to the father/son in AVPR -- all just "wake up" and then die when the xeno bursts out of their chests) since doing so would probably kill the host during the gestation period (although we do know that the xenos can gestate in corpses for a least a little while since the PredAlien burst out of a Predator corpse).

Given all of the above it seems reasonable to assume that the xeno requires a host of some minimal size to properly gestate. I suspect that the PredAlien looked at the babies in the nursery and decided either that they were unsuitable as hosts and moved on or decided that they were unsuitable as hosts and ate them. My personal feeling is, given that the xenos are ostensibly consumed with an extremely strong drive to infect other hosts to create more xenos then the PredAlien simply moved on and decided that the babies were of no interest. Did it eat them? Given that I don't recall seeing any xeno in any of the films eat anything I suspect not.

Just my .02

Actually Grey, they don't use corpse. If you remeber the facehugger impregnated the Pred long before it died. So it had time to grow within the Pred before coming out at the end. Also given the fact that the transition periods in the movie, the embryo had plenty of time.

lilwrek, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

ok

i dont know what the predalien does to the babys it just looks at them and then it goes to the lady that say ooww i hink my water just brok.

predator428, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

The Predalien had no interest in the babies except as hosts. Since they were obviously inferior to the other humans readily available, the Predalien just passed over them. It had no reason to eat them because the aliens only seem to kill beings in self defense or to protect the queen as a new hive is forming.

tawganator, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I think it did eat them becuase thats what they said during the comentary.

kk thanks

Now that you mention it, the brothers stated in the commentary that they wanted the Predalien to be as much Predator as it could without over doing it. In the Predator code, attacking and killing defenceless prey is dishonorable. This could be the same for the babies, it saw them as no threat and left them alone. Well thats what Im thinking now.