x_saysell, Human, 15 years ago

Only the yautja (but they are only aliens in the exterritorial sense nothing to do with Rigers aliens)
So it’s beyond me why this topic has descended into dolphins and laser guns, neither of which are in any of the associated franchises (the predators use super heated plasma before anyone tries to bite my head off)

-Bloo-, Human, 15 years ago

They also have a spear gun, and those prong projectile things like in Predator 2.
And I was debating whether or not Aliens would have it in their minds to steal a human's gun and use it against them. Of course, they wouldn't be waving around hand gestures and all that other stuff to other Aliens who have posession of a gun.

Ooohh yea forgot about the spear gun, and the net gun.
Realistically though the Xenomorphs are in essence weapons so I really do doubt they would ever need/want to use a weapon (In the sense of a gun)

When I started this topic I didn’t mean weaponry as a tool but more along the lines of the good old hammer (and no not for smashing skulls or breaking toes, but in the building sense) I dont mean to imply that they could build grand structures or architectural wonders but simply something like a stone to break things that maybe their own blood cannot dissolve (like Yautja buildings/ships Ect that have been acid proofed).

-Bloo-, Human, 15 years ago

Living weapons, that's what I've always thought too.

They probably would use the environment to their advantage. They'd probably use boulders or sharp objects around them if desperate as weapons and tools for a short period of time. If they do that, then it's possible for them to steal a humans weapon. Maybe not pull its trigger, but smack them with it and/or break it afterwards.

I can see what you mean by the stealing of human weaponry, I can see them using blunt/bladed melee weapons to gain a means (but there would be really no need as they are more than capable of killing without) but as far as using projectile weapons I dont even think it is possible on a physical level as the Xenomorph has two thumbs (opposing each other) and four fingers positioned in two sets of two (the classic split fingers look) so I dont believe they could even use the weapon. However they do have the means and intelligence to destroy weapons, as they can without doubt figure out that they are a threat to them, just as in Aliens they figured how to cut the power and in Resurrection they figured out that the big red button meant being hurt.