predalien_64, Undefined, 18 years ago

There was no Ox alien they changed it to a dog and that is what runners spawn from.

24200030516.jpg

Predalien of the Shadow Serpents

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ok...lots to post

1) Aliens do have to breathe cause everything breathes even single cell organisms. (Not in the way we do of cause)So they may just breathe normally but can store air thats how they survive in space. I did read somewhere that they can only survive in space for so long then would die.

2) The tubes on the back only seem to be found on drones so i would agree with the secretion thing. And the dog-alien i think doesn't have them because it is awarrior and doesn't need them

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

um jackel warriors are drones that have matured. so i think that warriors would have back tubes. unless they fell off somehow. and dog-aliens are drones no different except no
backtubes and they are on 4 legs. dog aliens are not automaticly warriors.
im.jpg
Death awaits

jackel both explanations are wrong and another thing aliens cannot live in space they would exlode from presure.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, my theory is only based upon what I have read on Ancherpiontessays.com, so I may be wrong. They would die of the pressure in space, the queen may last a bit longer, but not too long.

Ye the space thing is a bit wierd but. In Alien the alien should explode as soon as it enters space if the pressure effected it...same with the Queen in Aliens.

So it may be true.

Also where did you get the warriors are matured drones from? I have never seen that before?

Quinn, Undefined, 18 years ago

ok you guys do realize that this creature has acid for blood.... and therfore it is not likely that it is carbon based. so it is a strong posiblility that aliens do not need oxygen to survive at all! they definitly go not have lungs because being in a vacume does not kill them. for all we know they could breathe carbon dioxide.....and sh!t gold when knowones looking.

"This time the B!tch Is Back

Okay... that last part was wierd...

well anyway

so we have 2 things cleared up:

1 aliens dont need to breathe

2 they explode in space

so since they dont need to breath why do the drones have the tubes on thier back?

but I think some are going to say , but we dont really know if the tubes are really for breathing or not we have to wait in the films or get inside info from the makers...

poh.jpg
Predators RULE!
Go here! http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/annoyingsong.html

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

umm.... their mouth isnt completly closed off... they can breath.... havent you heard their "hissssss" come from their mouth ? thats what i think....

The tubes are most likely used for secreting resin. I doubt that the hisses were breaths. It might be a form of comunication.
Also, we know that warriors develope from drones, because, we only call 'em drones if they have the dome. If not, then they are warriors.

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

first of all, aliens do NOT explode in space. They can withstand pretty much all conditions & temperatures. The vacuum of space is no different. For reference, in Alien when Ripley fires the harpoon into the drone while it is holding onto the door & it gets blown out into space, it doesnot explode, & in fact, it tries to reenter the ship through the "exh" (for lack of a better word), so aliens can withstand the vacuum of space.

Second of all, the tubes on the drones/warriors backs are most likely for creating & storing the resin that the walls of the hive are made from. The resin is probably either ejcted from pores in the tubes themselves, or the resin p through the aliens body first & is then ejected from the mouth. Only drones/warriors can produce the resin, meaning the "runner" would not need the tubes. They are not for breathing either way because aliens don't need oxygen to survive

stalker.jpg

The "Runner" though is just a warrior alive created using the genetic material and template of a dog/cow (which ever version you want to watch. So the tubes could just be a trait to human-formed aliens.

Pred-aliens i don't no whether they have tubes because i havn't played te games. If they do maybe it could be a trait of aliens formed from a humaniod host.

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

the predaliens in the games don't have the same tubes as the drones/warriors, they have spines protruding from their back instead, possibly for protection, but since we haven't seen the "true" (canon) form of the predalien in a movie yet, we cannot be cartain what they truly look like

stalker.jpg

So they could just be a trait from the human-formed aliens. Maybe something in our DNA makes for these tubes to be formed.

Though the secretion theory is still the most probable i would say.

Quinn, Undefined, 18 years ago

all i was trying to say is that it is science fiction and that means that anything is possible. and as for them exploding in space i didnt think they did in alien the alien is still alive in the vacume until the engis kill it.

"This time the B!tch Is Back

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

jackel ALL aliens start as drones NO MATTER WHAT(except for the queen). then they eventually loose they're dome and have a skull like head. runners are no different they are just born from different hosts.

im.jpg
Death awaits