killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

guess we are lol ..... though thats why were here rite lol

....Amen

Long live the alien quad. *Kicks avp boxset away*

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Well I liked AvPr. Not even close to the originals but I wouldn't mind another one. Only if its as dark as AvPr and intends to improve like AvPr did from the first AvP. Thats just me though.

i know im a loner on this one , but with the exception of the improved or rather increased action , it wasent better atol

I agree only to the extend that the action and what not isn't what improved it. For me, it was the creatures, the atmostphere, characters. I may be the only one who actually likes these parts of the movie.

lol there were more fights in AVPR but they didnt remain true to the creatures and their abilities themselves. Complete lack of continuity in my opinion. and the only thing worse than Andersons three Predators is Strauses 1 lol As i said in the other thread .... this prevents us from getting actively involved in the fight scenes and thinking ...... "Go on Xeno" lol the outcome is certified by the fact we knew the final set piece was being preserved for the predalien vs predator face off.

Atleast avp had a small ammount of awsome fight scenes that didnt bellitle either species. and as i also said before, the first time you saw the grid chooper n celtic fight, your moved to the edg of your seat.

Plot was much thicker too. AVPR was so lossley hanging on to the first it clearly forgot about it in sections.

I don't understand. My brother is a huge Alien fan and he thought the movie was perfect.

But I gotta say, I enjoyed it. Wish there could have been more for the Alien but I think overrunning the town is enough. It was enough for me to enjoy.

I know this is off topic but, this question is for Dave.

What did you think of Rob Zombie's Halloween?

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

The aliens have always been shown to be physically dominant beings, as well as the predators. They are both immensely powerful, agile, & fast. The differences between the two are weapons & skill. Aliens attack as animals...clawing, biting, stabbing with their tails. Predators have a fighting style all of their own, coupled with their brutal killing tools, it makes them more likely to come out with a victory in a 1-on-1 fight.

This, of course, is entirely down to the situation at hand. As we saw in AVP, Celtic, a relatively inexperienced predator, managed to hold off Grid with his bare hands, even overpowering & manhandling the xenomorph at times. It was quite obvious though, that should he have let his guard down, the creature would have ended his life much faster than it did. Wolf on the other hand, managed to hold off multiple aliens, even without weapons at times, which was an exaggeration to say the least. Regardless of skill or strength, not even a predator should be able to hold off two xenomorphs with its bare hands without taking some serious damage.

As far as xenomorphs as individuals go...most of the time we have seen them kill by themself, it has been through stealth. Using their natural camouflage to blend into the shadows & the surrounding environment, until they managed to get close enough to ambush their victim, in which case not even a predator would be able to defend itself...as was seen in both AVP films. They seem to be far more resourceful & intent on survival when alone...but rely more heavily on sheer numbers when the rest of their hive is on the attack.

The aliens were still very physically powerful in Requiem, as we saw one of them send Wolf flying through the air with a single strike from its tail. Unfortunately, this was one of the only scenes in the film where an individual alien actually exhibited any real intelligence or cunning...most of them just rushed at Wolf head-on, giving him more than enough time to shoot them down or prepare for a counter-attack.

The predalien on the other hand, being birthed from a predator, was even more physically powerful than The Wolf himself, & showed it by getting the better of him in several situations. In the state the creature was in, it could have very likely just had its offspring swarming through the town to quickly amass a dominant population of xenomorphs, without actually paying any real attention to the threat from the predator, which could be why the aliens were much more careless in their tactics when attacking The Wolf, as they weren't as concerned for their own survival as they were with the protection of their Queen, which could have explained their straight-forward, mindless attacks.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Off topic....but when it involves Halloween - i'll break the rules for my favorite movie everytime!

Despite the massive backlash the remake got, i absolutely loved it. Michael Myers was actually ominous again, he was actually relentless and vicious, i loved how dark and gritty Zombies personal vision was, it was just what was needed to return Halloween to its core. True the movie shot along at break neck speed, the characters weren't as fleshed out as they were in Carpenters original, but it was meant to be different, it wasn't meant to be a scene by scene replay, it was a re-invention for the franchise and i thought it worked wonderfully. Next to H1,H2 & H20 this is my fave of the collection.

Plus i fecking love the new mask, that became part of my collection straight away!

predatoress, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Cory, what you mean by that? o.O Hopefully you are reading me correctly, as I'm giving pretty harsh critique towards the movie, but the fact is it didn't inspire me at all, no matter how much I love predators and aliens. It was waste of my time and money, as well as I said before the amount of actual viewers in Finland told a lot about the nature of the movie. Sure it was maybe nice, action filled flick with cool scenes but I'm old enough to expect more from it. As the horrible lovestory presented in the movie (which was similar to so many teenangst movie of Hollywood) it didn't save the plot at all.

Still I hope they would rather make a new Predator or alien movie instead of AvP as it seems it's almost impossible for the directors to combine these two genres anywhere pleasant way.

Well said, Stalker.

Dave, I'm glad to see another fan of Rob Zombie's Halloween. I was a bit surprised that you liked it because most Halloween fans I've talked to hated the remake. I'm so glad I can safly say I'm not the only Halloween fan that enjoyed Rob Zombie's vision of that great horror classic. Cheers.

Predatoress, first thing I notice is you are into Aliens. When did that happen? lol Second, I thought you would like AvPr. Obvously not now, lol.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Probably cos aliens have better senses of humour...

Anyway, if you look at it this way, alien beats human, predator beats alien, human beats predator, it's really unrealistic/senseless. It's probably like Cory said, when hunting, a pred gives one target special attention, while dispatching the others with ease, just like it did with the xenomorphs in this case, because he was not hunting this time. But to the problem of how powerful an enemy the alien is to the predator, well i think one single alien would be a greater chalange than a whole bunch, because if it's alone, the xenomorph seems to be more careful and aware, rather than just attacking head-on like in Aliens, AvP and AvP-R. Maybe that's the catch to it. Maybe aliens really do have a collective instinct to protect the queen at all costs which makes them rush into battle in stead of ambushing. Also, there's no comparing hunting a human with hunting an alien. Two very different ways of perceiving the environment, the enemy and reacting to his actions. You can't suggest that when hunting a xenomorph predators would take their time to sudy their prey, aliens don't really have personality, you can't expect them to set traps or to pick up your weapon and shoot you with it, but you can expect one to be around any corner, to stab you from any hole in the wall, or grab you from above and bit your brains out. When there's a queen with them though, you can expect them to rush at you like there's no tomorrow. So what i'm trying to say is that in any case, an alien who is on his own, cautious and stealthy, would be more efficient than a swarm of mindless exoskeletons.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

...Which is exactly what I was getting at earlier.

Cory, I'm into both of the species. To me it's just dumb that the directors don't give both of them the equal devotion and chance to bring out their potential. That's why both AvP and AvP2 were dissapointments to me 'cos the powerplay just wasn't even, and either one of the species was put into bad spotlight making them to seem stupid, unintelligent and weak, making the movies to seem "must made" -movies just to wrap the cash from the fans and introduce brainless battles to the new generation. Just the time what they put on avpr was too short. After all in the "good old times" when they made first Predator or Alien movies they really put their heads together and focused on the plot more than cool effects, for the simple reason they didn't have technology to create such things they do now. And that's important in movies, not the effects.

If I want to watch awful teenhorror seen on avp-r, I'll just watch Scream and die in boredom.

I just want some intensity in the movie, psychological horror. Scenes what makes you think.

Ok. Gotcha. I just remember last time you didn't know a thing about Aliens. Well thats what you said to me.

I know AvPr was no master peice but I loved it. Could it have been a master peice.. of course they can make a AvP master peice. But this movie was enough to make me happy.

Screams not that bad. More of a homage to Halloween. Just like most slashers are inspired from.

I still don't know much of aliens lol Not even about predators 'cos I haven't read the comics/books nor played the games except Predator CJ... My information is based just to the movies just 'cos the side products are difficult to get in Finland. I've watched few documents considering creating both of the species etc. but still I feel like a newbie to the both of them. I just have opinnions lol