TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

lol I can imagin that. I thought The Day After Tomarrow was gonna suck Alien eggs, but I was wrong.

Its gonna suck! Its Gonna Suck! (watches movie) oh nevermind.

BadXAsh, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hehe no problem Titanosaur I really wasn't that offended anyways. I have much thicker cyberskin then that. As for what my thoughts are of the Predalien, This is actually not my first encounter with a Predalien, They have had predaliens all though out the graphic novel series, and I think there were some in the Video Games as well, Not to mention i had my players go up against one in the RPG game as well. I actually like the Predalien, it follows the continuity of the Alien species, They take on the genetic shape of the species they burst from. So they fit within the story line just fine. It will certainly be intresting how Hollywood portrays it. I hope it's not SUPER POWERED!!! (insert echo here)

*Laughs* Alright Deathwraith i will stop quoting, in all honesty i don't quote on that scale. And i thought this thread would die out quickly. To tell you the truth i was gettin kinda sick of Quotin every one haha.

I completely agree with you, If there is any doubt of low quality then you gotta go at it with low expectations that way you are nothing but pleasantly surprised if it's good! What movie was it that I did that with and I ended up loving it...*Taps his chin and thinks* OH Transformers! Was it the best ever? No... But it was what it was. A movie based on a cartoon series. I went in thinkin it was gonna be a train wreck and left presently surprised and i was glad of it. Superman Returns how ever... I went in with moderate expectations and left rather annoyed... haha not to go off on another tangent haha this isn't the forum for Superman rants.

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

actualy I agree with you on Superman Returns. I personaly perfered the originals. as for The Predalien, I am glad that it is brought to the big screen, I think it has been highly antisapated. BTW, I forgot to ask the first time, but it slipped meh mind. I know you didn't like AvP 1, but what did you think of the Grid vs Celtic scene?

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

I used to like AvP 1 a lot until I realized how much better it could have been. The trailer for the first AvP made it look so good and made it seem like it had a lot of action, but it was mostly just the characters talking about how they wish to get home.

I'll agree the chance at it being bad is there yes but just the idea that the preds are going back to their stealth-hunter-horror aspect makes it seem great. Plus if you watch the trailer closely... please, what more could a pred do to seem more badass than sticking that girl up against the wall with a shuriken? Damn that was awesome. (Pardon my language please, no other words could describe it, forgive me)

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

i think the gestation arguement was that, in the avp book, the tubes that connected to the queen injected some kind of drug into her that would speed up the gestation period. which is a valid argument in my opinion. but it would have been nice if anderson had bothered to include it in the film somehow

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

It would have been nice if anderson had really bothered at all, actually...

BadXAsh, Undefined, 16 years ago

Oh man! Really?? why would leave a detail that huge out?? That's beyond careless, that just plain not caring the series or continuity at all! That small detail would have made me a lot more at ease with that movie... it still had major issues but man that small detail changed the entire Alien biology! just not cool...ugh... thanks for clearin that up for me

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

To be fair, that scene would be a little hard for non-AvP fans to 'get'. They just wanted to get to the action (all glorious 30 seconds of it).