daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

It is indeed part of the alien life cycle when the Xenomroph is not part of a HIVE and isolated, it uses these means to begin the reproduction phase which was seen in the end of the directors cut of Alien.

I don't have much of a problem with the predalien following those means, but to have it, as rumor is suggesting - a queen, would completely contradict AVP, there was no superfacehugger evident, so how the hell did it happen........

Fill in the blanks....

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

I can think of only two explanations of where the eggs are coming from. The directors are bringing back the egg morphing ability. Or the other posibility is that the predalien is a queen and there is some kind of unknown phase between chestburster and full grown queen that the predalien is going through in the film, kind of like prubirty or something.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well I certainly hope its just a Predalien with the ability to morph eggs. From what I've read on interviews with the Strause Brothers, The Predalien serves the Queen's purpose. That doesn't directly state its a Queen. This could also be another reference to how the Brothers want to take the series back to its routs seeing how the "egg morphing" technique came from the very first original Alien movie.

Also, let me get this straight - If any Alien was isolated from its hive it will be able to morph eggs? ...And Isn't the Predalien isolated from its Hive?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes, indeed, but doesn`t that egg it morphes necessarily produce a superfacehugger? If so, then they would have to kill the poor thing before it impregnates, because they said "no queen".

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

No, for one - the aliens have a HIVE like structure built within a building if you watch carefully in the trailer, so that's one option down.

Secondly, i believe there was just a bumper batch of Fachuggers released from holding bays when the ship crashed, that's where you're getting all the aliens from, but then to contradict myself, the scene with the speech about 'containment' and the image of the projected contamination shows there being hundreds of aliens......soooooo, something HAS to be producing eggs.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes exactly. And if the Brothers say theres no Queen.. It remains a mystery. Unless of course, they lied. Has a director ever lied when confirming something in the Alien/Predator movies?

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

"Theres no Queen in AvP-R"

yes I know that I was just saying it would be cool to see that in a movie. I was also applyin that AvP-R will have other hybrids as well.