-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

It's not that Alien is dated. It's actually my favorite film of the movies, but the others listed above it are actually just ones I'd prefer to watch more than the movie that started this whole franchise. It's not that's it's bad either, but had I known I was able to do what P did I wouldn't have put it near the likes of Res. and AVP because it's not nearly as bad as my list makes it out to be.

Lone_Hunter2, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I merley thought as many of you have that AVP had potintial of course I don't Really hate it as much as evrey one else but I was let down, also i thought that the other films were better because of the story/plot was more.. how do I say this.. thought through were as AVP was just to rushed and killed off the preds too fast and had the Aliens mature a hell of a lot faster than the original movies. but I still enjoyed none the less, just not as much as all the others.(most likely due to the Rating imean come on two R franchise's turned into PG-13!?? WTF was going throug P. Andersons mind?)(sorry if this is of topic but thats how I feel about AVP)

NOW.. after seeing the trailer for
AVP:R i can faithfully say that it is an inprovement that was really needed and the Strause bros. will fully revive the franchies with what hopefully looks like a masterpiece in the making. (fingers are crossed so i dont wanna give up on this Film yet)

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Alien is not dated to me. I think its equal with Predator which is second/third (depending on AvP2) on my list. I view both Alien and Predator as the two classic movies that started the franchise.

On Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. I have high hopes for it and lots of faith because everything is satisfying so far.

- Both original designed creatures (looks great!)
- Predator gets lots of action and glory - redeming themselves for the embaresment of AvP
- Aliens look scary as hell going through a town and killing people
- The R rating is always gives you something to look forward to
- The Predalien.. I have faith that it won't turn out as bad as fans fear
- Ultimately how the Strause Brothers seem to know what they are doing especially when they mention to bring back the series to its routs

Updated List

1. Aliens vs Predator: Requiem) hopefully
2. Predator 2
3. Aliens
4. Predator/Alien (Equally classic)
5. Alien3/Alien Ressurection (Enjoyed equally)
6. Alien vs Predator

delta-boy, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

AVP2 ALIENS ALIEN3 PREDATOR2 AVP PREDATOR1 ALIEN ALIEN REZ

tropic, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

thought there was to be no discussion.

1.predator
2.aliens
3.alien
4.predator 2
5.alien3
6.avp
7.alien res

shit.....i need to read all posts before posting.lol,sorry.

voodoopred, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

dosnt anybody like Avp?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

AVP was a childrens movie. A watered down version of the real franchises we all know and love, quite frankly, apart from the few action scenes, i despise the movie. So do alot of other people on here.

I love the concept of Aliens vs Predators in general. The movie is watchable... Thats about it. Thats why I am excited to see Aliens Vs Predator Requiem. Its going to make AvP look like a kids film. It has ten times as much action in the trailer than every minute of Paul Anderson's AvP entirely.

Well, the main reason i hate AVP so much is because of the sheer lack of credible characters and tone setting. Everything was completely rushed, there was no sense of dread or tension like the alien and predator films masterfully put together, and the actors were pitiful, you just didn't care if they lived or died at all. Even poor Lance Henrikson got crap dialog in AVP, they wasted his legendary character.

If they could make AVP:Requiem even half as good as Alien3 then they're on the right track, but I'm very, very skeptical.

Blade_Monstrona, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

1)Aliens
2)Predator
3)Alien
4)Predator 2
5)Alien 3
6)Alien vs Predator
7)Alien Res

Sorry i'm late

Yeah I agree Dave. Its like Paul was so excited to get to the Alien fighting the Predators he rushed it way too much.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

The only films I disliked were Alien Resurrection & AVP, despite the fact that the original Alien is close to the bottom on my list, it is leagues apart from the films below it, I simply prefer the rest of the films overall to Alien.

Resurrection & AVP were truly pitiful films, complete disgraces to both franchises, & in no way even began to measure up to any of the others on the list.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Agreed completely. That's what I was trying to say but I think I worded it wrong.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I didnt even put Avp or Resurrection on my list as they arent a favorite of mine from the franchises.
I didnt like either of them enough to put them as a favorite movie.

I put predator at tbe top because i loved it so much when i was smaller and it was the first one i saw.
Aliens was up there with it as its one of the best in my opinion and probably some others opinions.
Alien and Predator2 seemed like 'favorite sequels', i know Alien isnt a sequel to Aliens but it feels like it since i love Aliens more than Alien.
Predator2 was great but didnt feel like the original did in my eyes.

Alien3 is one i havent seen in forever so i couldnt put it up on my list without remembering all of it.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I don`t like AvP for the same reasons as the others who said it, as for Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, they make so much sense together, i actually like them all as one film, but if i`m to list them, i will put them in order, as i usually like the originals more than the sequels, because well, they`re the ones the sequels are sequels to. Predator 2 i like more than the original because it has more weapons in it, including the disk which is my favourite weapon....

Alien Resurrection was better than AVP in my eyes. At least we still had Riply and a decent continuity. AVP stunk it up.Everything about it was poor barring the few fight scenes as i mentioned.

voodoopred, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I gess I know what you mean because my 7 year old sister watches me ofcourse I half to mute it when it gets to the curse words.

Namicole, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Im not going to even put up a list becouse as pittifull as it is i havent seen Alien, ALiens , Alien3 , Alien Ressurictio. ive only seen a part of Alien Ressucection. A guy slowelly walkin down the hall with a pulse rifle in each hand and a alien goes through the floor grabs his legs and drags him down.

That wasn't a Pulse Rifle. Pulse Rifles were only featured in Aliens and the AvP pc games.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

And the smartguns were in what movie, Alien or Aliens? I really can`t remember, but i think in Alien... They may have been in Rez though... I really can`t remember lol.