daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

You should realize, that music, MAKES the movie.

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yeah, so if they screw up the music, they screw up the movie, they better get it right!

They should go with orchestral music...rock/metal music does not create suspense...which is what Alien was all about.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i wish i could see a pred montage action with some rock music going around in a building and killing every alien and human in sight we every weapon hesgot and any weapon he could find cause i had a dream about that the other night and it was wicked lol.

Sunds to me like you'd be better off watching a cheesy straight to DVD action sequence from one of Steven Seagals movies.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Go to avp-r.com and listen, that`s how an Alien/Predator movie should sound.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

whos Steven Seagal?

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

An overrated action star. Equivalent to Chuck Norris.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Bruce Lee is better...

Totally agree with Dave, music does make a movie, because a movie just gets boring with Yakity Yak Yak yak all the time, it needs some background music or noises and that is what people pay attention to. Its not something you can throw in there and hope noone makes a big deal about it not fitting.

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

I like the instrumental in Aliens when Bishop is flying the ship away from the crash and when Ripley gets the Queen out of the airlock. Thats good for a movie.

Solo_Predv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

hmmm the begining of the song Alive or just breathing by killswitch engage is an instrumental which would be cool sounding with a fight scene but not as the theme but it would be a small fight scene or for part of one cuz the intor is liek 2 minuts long or somethign

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

If any of you have seen any of the Jet Li movies (most notably Fearless and Unleashed), then you will hear music that you don't really pay attention to, but is fitting to the mood and the current situation of the movie. If they had some rock song replacing those battle moments then it would be a huge pile of bullshit.

A rock/lyrical track in an Alien and Predator movie? Not on my watch. The only way it would work is in a bad AMV created by someone who uses Youtube. I'm not a fan of rock/metal (although it's alright, I don't hate it), it's just that it wouldn't work in an Alien or a Predator movie. And if it doesn't work individually, what makes you think it would work when both are together?

No. Not even in battle sequences. Only maybe in opening/closing credits. I can tolerate rock/metal in credits but only rarely in the actual movie, and don't get me started with someone singing during the movie. Again, only rarely does that work. Stick with an orchestrated score. I don't want to hear any screamer metal during an actual AVP scene. It worked when Jet Li beat the crap out of a SWAT team but I highly doubt it would work when legendary horror icons battle to the death.

Solo_Predv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

I see what you mean Bloo, Lyrics could also distract the veiwer too so they pay more attention to the song than the battle scene if it dosnt fit.

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

Seriously. It doesn't just distract you, but it also makes you lose the feeling you had for the moment and possibly the entire movie once that happens.

@ Black Warrior.

Music doesn't always make a movie. Ever see the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The only music was the hippy music playing in the van, and if you concider a bunch of strange noises music, there you go.

Not true.

Ever sat and watched a horror movie without music? Not scary in the slightest. Music makes the film, it adds that third dimension of atmosphere, builds up the emotion and tensions. Without it, films would be completely bland.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Watch the original Halloween. Whenever the famous Halloween theme comes on, mute the TV and out on something by Slayer.

Still think inappropriate music can't wreck a movie? (so can shitty remakes, but that's for another time)

Notice I said "inappropriate" and not "bad". It's not about how cool a song is. It's about what fits the scene. To each his own, but I would prefer they went with instrumentals.

It might be cool to hear "Long Tall Sally" at some point, though.

MrXeno, Undefined, 16 years ago

I dunno what kind of theme song that movie should have. I was thinking about the Benny Hill theme, but that would make the movie quite special i must say. So... I still dunno what kind of theme that movie should have.

Dave, your saying The Texas Chainsaw Massacre isn't scary? - My point was that it didn't exactly have music or theme and it was scary in my book.

What I meant was, yes, music does build tention and set various moods for a movie. But not all movies.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Cory, i wasnt counting noises as music in my post.
I meant it was something that also makes a movie good, along with music, sometimes in movies you hear a creepy noise and it lets you know something scary is gonna happen. And sometimes it just makes that part even scarier because it leaves you guessing what the noise was or what made it.

(and DD, does your last post mean you like Slayer?)

In my personal opinion, TCM did fairly well with what little music it had by making up for it with ambient sounds etc, As you know, my favorite movie of all time - Halloween, is infamous for its haunting soundtrack, without that, i don't think it would be half as intimidating as it is.

In relation to AVP Requiem - they wanted to take this film back to the 'roots' of both franchises, so in essence, they need low key, dread inducing scores, Alien3 soundtrack was absolutely spot on when it came to building atmosphere, kicking into a frantic orchestral pace when the action started, this is what AVP2 needs to contain, with a slight military feel peppered into the mix, not guns blazing, Ho's on the corner, Rap lyrics or Limp Bizkit screaming out and flipping the devil sign with his nu-metal blasting out as the Wolf takes out aliens with his plasma caster.......