Lucifer, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

hmm eatehr way ratehr it is bad or not i would still like to see for myself plus i wont to know how it ends >_>

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

is there a link to it somewhere?

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

There is obviously no concrete way to judge a film from a trailer, as has been said already, many trailers project a different image into our minds than what the complete film may actually be. Although judging from everything we've seen so far, it's going to be hard to mess up. The simple fact that the creatures have gone back to their original roots (although the aliens are a little excessively bulky) is great in my opinion, & just the action scenes with the predator taking on the aliens look set to send chills of excitement up my spine.

On the subject of gore though, it is definitely a relief to see that the movie hasn't been toned down for the younger audience, although gore definitely does not make a film. Alien Resurrection for example was by far the most bloody in the entire series, & was easily the worst of the lot.

Whether AVP2 will be able to hold its own against the masterpieces which are Aliens & Predator remains to se seen, but either way, if the final film can even come close to the greatness of the trailer, we should finally have what we've been waiting for for so long, not only the pitting of aliens & predators against each other, but potentially the best movie from either franchise in many years.

Ace, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

HOLY SH!T that was an awesome trailer there is no way it can be bad with that much gore in it way efing better than the 1st one now let me here a HELL YEAH!!!!

ScarredShadow, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I guess Killswitch and Dave were right. Sometimes its hard to not have any doubts.With a trailer like that coming out after AVP was such a screw up. I've been looking foward to this for a long time.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Well, i think me and Kill were trying to be careful as to not put a dampener on the general excitement created from this trailer, as we said, it does look fantastic, but we're just not leaving ourselves open to be let down again.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Well after the initial excitement of the trailer I've definitely collected myself & had time to properly think everything over. It's quite obvious that a great trailer doesn't always mean a great movie, but judging by the basics of what we've seen so far, it already looks to be far better than the original at least.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

wounder when avp3 comes out lol

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

My hopes are up after seeing the trailer, but I'm not going to let myself get too excited. After all, AvP1 had a pretty good teaser trailer...

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Yeah .... hit the nail on the head D, i cant emphasise enough how much i want the movie to work though i think the peaople who are agreeing, including DB are the life long fans who felt betrayed with the last one. were just keeping are feet on the ground this time.

Inferno, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I liked it. I think that bulkier alien was probably a predalien but I have no solid proof.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

lol. it was a predalien, i assure you.

tropic, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

right... just read all the above and i can understand all the scepticism.not a problem,but when you read all the s hite that ppl used to post about avp1 (no blood,no skinned bodies and so on) i find it a little hard to digest that u cant give these guys a little leway.its ok to big these guys up(strauses')but dont stand on the fence.the trailer was as good as it gets.avp1 trailer was fookin shite.certain ppl wanted exactly what they saw in the trailer and are still not happy???

anyways,nice to see the berg back on here.who cant be happy with double plasmas.

and by the way,for all those whiney little bitches who moan about the aliens being cannon in the first film,eat my ass.

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

harrigan , youl always be my brotha from anotha motha lol, but somtimes ,,, you talk shit ...... the aliens in alien are cannon lol and every attribute attached to them

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

No film can be judged by a two minute trailer, no matter what that trailer shows us.

I'm not saying this film will be poor, but nor am i saying it will be great, I'm just keeping my eager over enthusiasm on simmer right now, there's nothing worse than having great expectations of something only to be let down in the long run, if you don't set the bar too high, then you wont have too far to fall.

Bootydaddy, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Just watched the trailor not long ago....it's surely a rated-r superstar class a movie (LoL)! from what I saw the way these human being tear apart....and looks like this film is finally BACK TO THE JUNGLE as many pred fans wish....

And the only thing still wondering, how many pred would be involued in this movie?

And I hope there would be the third (final chapter) for this AVP movie set....!

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

This movie is of a totally different brand than AvP1, i hope it`s good and i hope they make two more to make a trilogy, and i hope AvP1 remains as an example of how to NOT make an Alien/Predator movie. Also, i hope they don`t try to make it look like the story in AvP has something to do with the Predator storyline or the Alien storyline. I REALLY hope they make a sequel with a link to this one either like Alien-Aliens, or like Predator-Predator2 and not a sequel with a totally new situation or that has someone`s son or daughter as a main character, because that would be just like a Freddy/Jason movie and those are based on violence, not on making sense.

05Xrunner, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Guess I am alone on this...I am a Predator movie fan.
I thought AVP was boring and done very bad. So far from this trailer I have seen. Well doesnt seem any better to me. So far it looks like a lame story and a bunch of nobody actors that they just try to hide with as much violence and gore as they can. Well which doesnt make a movie any good. As the person said above me "because that would be just like a Freddy/Jason movie and those are based on violence, not on making sense." thats exactly what this is looking to be.
There was more gore and violence in that trailer then i think in predator 1 and 2. Those movies where GOOD. they didnt need tons and tons of gore to make it good. So far I feel like this movie is gonna suck. I guess thats what you get when the directors are usually visual effects guys. they just cram as much garbage into it as they can not like a director who focus on the story. Like james Cameron said..the AVP series has really tarnished the Predator and Alien movies.

Bootydaddy, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

indeed, it may end up as a 'graphic horror' movie than a actual movie with potienal storyline.

But, what can i say? I think that's the best they CAN do since the negative feedbacks from the first one....!

City-Hunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Thats exactly what I would do after seeing the first one. Crank up the horror. Leave the safe kiddy film feel to the movie. I don't think its going to be an all out horror movie. Just to the extent of the horror level of the original movies.