-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

That's exactly what I mean by, "If seen because the thing its based on, this movie is an utter disappointment."

And don't you mean Celtic and Grid?

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yeah it is Celtic, accidentally wrote Scar instead.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The movie was fun, but other than that, there's not alot I can say about it. As I stated earlier, the creatures themselves were pitiful compared to their original counterparts. Ah, the good old days when aliens were cunning creatures, not just some variety of extraterrestrial raptor; or when preds were actually masterful hunters who could kill an entire group of armed men in seconds with ease, rather than being hulking, gladiator-like creatures who stumbled headlong into ambushes. That was one of the main things that prevented me from completely enjoying the movie, is that while the creatures were hailed as aliens & predators, they really didn't have an extraordinary amount of similarities to the classic creatures we all know & love, that was one of the main dissapointments for me.

TheStalker.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Amen to that, there was no intelligence at all to either species, it was a run and gun attack for both of them, blindly going into battle.

this film is totally poor when put in comparrison to the actual alien/predator franchises, but i guess thats part of the problem, we see it as part of the series instead of an 'extension' of what we already have come to know and love. I'm definately not making excuses for it though, i've been a fan for 18 years, and AVP was a blatent slap in the face for me, i can safely say, i'm not looking forward to the sequel. Where's James Cameron when you need him!!!

jgjkhgjkyhku.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

For me, it was just... weak. I mean, this was supposed to be the big one! This was ALIEN vs. PREDATOR. THE battle to end all battles. Forget Frakenstein meets the Wolfman, this was IT.

In concept alone, the movie was awesome. Two of the most feared sci-fi villans of all time in a battle to the death in an underground Labyrinth smack in the middle of a frozen wasteland.

Think about it. This movie was supposed to have the creepyness of Alien, the action of Aliens, the gunplay and badass-ness of Predator, and a new and original concept. It didn't.

This movie has been a dream of the fans since the year I was born (no joke there) The fact that it was so mediocre is, as Dave out it, a slap in the face.

deathdrop1.jpg

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

While I did think it was cheesy how the film was attempted to be more of an adventure film and failed, I don't share you guys' views on the creatures in question. They looked better than ever to me. Their designs were almost perfect. Yes, their personalities did change quite a bit from the original classics, but I didn't mind. It's called "Alien vs. Predator" not "Predators acting like they did in predator 2". They had to be different to be exciting. To me, they seemed to be more based on the creatures in the games. If they had been more similar to the creatures in the originals, I don't know if I would've enjoyed it as much.

AVPFREAK.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Holy cr@pping Jesus, AVPFREAK, you are seriously right on that whole, "Alien Vs. Predator," not, "Alien acts like Giger drone and Predator acts like they did in Predator2," thing. Seriously, it actually even made me laugh, how true it was.

But what fans want to see is what fans want to see. Heheh. And what fans want to see is how fans make it better in some points of view.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."