Jed-Chrizt, Undefined, 17 years ago

I've been looking at your topics, and your posts for some time now. You seem very desperate, as you always post in other topics to direct people to this one. Plus, you tripple posted once.. Now I want to see what your so hyped about. To my anxious suprise (sarcasm) I was disappointed. Now I'm not trying to flame you, I'm going to give you the Pros and Cons, and what you could have done to improve it.

Film is my main area, I'm going to become a Director/Writter/Actor in the real world, As a director, you should know what's wrong, or what's not in a film

Here's what's good about your film- The effort, I appreciate what your trying to do, by doing a frame-by-frame, which has rarely been attempted by anyone. Thumbs up there! You had nice McFarlane figures, even better, heh! The framework was pretty fine, it had a few clutches that made some of the aliens or predators seem like if they warped across the room, but it was definetely passable,

Here's the bad, and what you could do to improve it.

I know you guys are trying to be nice, or whatever...but from what I can see here, this is no where near production worthy. Based on your spelling, and you're desperate posts, (sometimes even tripple posting for people to get your attention), I reckon you were 12. Now, from what I can see in your little mini-movie, all I have to say, is frame-by-frame shots is not that much of an easy task, but you could have done way better. Did you use a Panasonic X2? Just curious, the camera worked fine, at least until the predator part which was just...weird.

I wanted to see what you were so hyped about, to see a film which I EXPECTED to at least be more proffessional than that. What I got, was nothing but a bunch of action figures running along with no purpose, and a poorly put-together storyline.

I'm a bit steamed, for making myself watch that...I was expecting you to do a way better job. On to the audio, which was not bad, but could have been way better. Here's a great tip for you, TRY your very hardest to not rip other sounds from the internet, or any other movies.

It shows the lack of originality, although it is a fan movie, the audio wasn't that great, which a few ''CCKkks'' occassionally. Try your hardest to make your own audio.

Camera work. I saw no middle shots, no pan shots, no close-ups, nothing. Here's another great tip for you since this is constructive critism. When the Alien egg was hatching, what you should have used is a close up shot, or a pan shot, to add more of a mystery type of erie feeling to this. I felt nothing but a blan facehugger emerging, I could have predicted his every single move. Move your camera more!

Story. Work on it, even Paul W.S. Anderson's story was still worth it, it had alot of potential.

Editting. ALOT of work needed. Now I'm a jack of all trades, I can direct, edit, act, draw and what not. The editting in this was poorly done, mainly because you never cut a single scene in half... I will direct you to Final Cut which is a pretty decent program to use. A scene will never look good with a camera just panning at the same area. Cut it more, re-take the scene multiply times, then use final cut and add it together, see how it looks. Place your best cuts into the scene.

Overall - I'm rating your mini movie 3.5/10 and I'm being very nice to do that. I can see your potential, keep working at it and you may possibly be better.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

cool you ar making avp movie nice ;)

in space no one can Hear you scream

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 17 years ago

i liked it!

u did the best you could with the options avalable to you and made an creative mini film

Xeno_Slayer.jpg hunters moon
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Jed Chrizt:
ok thanks i will take it onboard as consructive
critisism. your'e right im 12 and it was my first attempt.

I'll make a better version and will put more time and care put into it.

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

i've made a second version and i hope u like it im uploading it to the site ok. its got some close ups and angle veiws also a center veiw and a few others. also its a bit longer than the the other one and it pits a young predator against 2 aliens. this predator is fighting for his life.. enjoy

Warning: if u think it was bad just say it cuz im not up for liars k!!!

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

here it is http://www.zippyvideos.com/8499187935562846/alien_vs_predator_trial_by_blood/

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 17 years ago

that was 1000000times better than the first one i loved it!

if u want an idea mabey when the predator is looking at the eggs he shoots a plasa bolt at them and that is the cause for the aliens attacking

cause right now they just attack for no apperent reason!

great work and i hope to see more of it!

Xeno_Slayer.jpg hunters moon
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

thanks :) in the story theyre were just passing aliens, but my favourite part was the battle and it's music

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

mmm so what do u guys think?

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

hey dude can you tell me when it will be done? because i probably wont be able to watch it until i get to my moms at close to the end of july. because my dads comp is real slow and stuff.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

dont worry m8 the full real film will be released during december ( i dont have the right stuff and my birthdays in october so ill get the stuff i need then ok

This holidays: script

Next Holidays: building the sets

Christmas holidays: shooting the film

k so dont worry m8 the actual film is a while away

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Okay man thanx for tellin me.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

mabye i should make a mini movie series so i can get more prectice and entertain u guys :)

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

Your birthday is in October? Sweet. What day? 'Cause if it's the 14th, thats the same day as mine. A mini serise would be nice, but you shouldn't take too much time on the episodes, because the mini-movie would be delayed by a couple of months.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

yeah it would but i'll try to make the mini series in my spare time. oh mines the 6th how old r u anyway?

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark