cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

i know that but they never seem to climb walls and when they do, you dont see it, you see them already on top of the wall

When the time comes, are you prepared to risk everything, and face the wolves?

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

if you look on predator2 when harrigan lets the pred go and he falls off of the building that wasnt CG. so it is kinda lie climbing up a building, causehe has his hands(well one hand) and feet seing against the wall.

Blackwarrior-sig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

The transition from floor to wall would be a time to use CGI, then. But again, that's really the only time it's needed. If there's something that cannot be accomplished by suits or puppets, that's when CGI is needed.

deathdrop1.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Actually, I like men in suits better, the acting with a CG monster thing would take a little more work, like this:

Director: Ok, Ben, make it look like you're being pushed by the monster to the ground, and then choke like it's grabbing you by the neck!

Ok then...

00Bloo_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

That scene u just described is en excellent example of why suits are more effective Black. In predator 2, they actually got a one-armed stuntman & had him hooked up to a harness to let him fall down the side of the building. Now if that would've been a CG pred (again, I know the CG wasn't properly developed back then, but it's just an example) it would've looked completely unrealistic. Maybe in 20+ years when u cannot tell the difference between CG & live action whatsoever, then they might start using it for entire movies, or to create the creatures during the movie (although as u stated DD, movies like Peter Jacksons King Kong have excellent CG). But for the time being, men in suits work far better on screen, & really bring the feeling of reality (even if it is sci-fi) to the movie. It also brings the creatures to life much better, as even today, when u see a CG creature, u can almost always tell that it is what it is.

& DD, I'm fairly sure that's an animatronic. As mav said, in the making of AVP they showed many scenes where they were using the animatronic in the fight against celtic. When he was on top of him & clawing at him, etc. Most of the CG work used in that scene was grid's tail (although I have to admit that that was an excellent piece of CG enhancement) & parts where he is thrown or leaps through the air

thorndesignssig.jpg