predatoress, Yautja, 17 years ago

& Hollywood have a habbit to introduce always 'bigger and worse' to get audience instead of honor the old heroes. I think Andersson just tried to be valid, which is a bit pathetic. If you can't draw attention beside mocking the old films then don't do a film at all.

ForHonor.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/predatoress/ghosteyes.wmv

Deathdrop, Yautja, 17 years ago

Stalker, I completly agree. The preds in AvP couldn't have possibly been older then the originals. Too much of a skill difference.

deathdrop1.jpg

Iseijin, Yautja, 17 years ago

If I may add my theory and ignore the rude little man…

We cannot assume that the Yautjas (Predators) in AvP are of the same skill level than the ones in Predator 1 and/or Predator2. Granted, the Yautja in that fought against Dutch in the jungle seemed to be an already established Hunter – even for the lack of Blooding mark; since this movie was made before that concept was even realized – and the young Hunter in Predator 2 hunted humans without a Blooding mark and even without supervision; but he could have been the top student and be given special privileges by his Leader. In AvP, three Unblooded teenagers had to best an entire nest of Aliens.

My theory? Social caste. The Yautja in Predator 1 may have come from a relatively low social standing and therefore have limited and/or poor quality equipment. He had to use more of his brains and brawns to defeat Dutch, even though he was bested by the human in the end. The Yautjas in Predator 2 had better armor and better equipment and could hunt more dangerous prey in a heavily populated human settlement. Check out the spiffy armor and weapons those three kids donned in AvP. Nice toys; definitely a pack from a high social caste. Also, notice these physical differences: Predator 1 – The Yautja has minimal bone growth in the facial area for a specimen of his age, with short tresses, leaner body, and dull color. Predator 2 – Accelerated bone growth in the facial area in a younger specimen, longer tresses, wider shoulder, and vibrant color. AvP – Average bone growth around the facial area, the longest tresses yet witnessed, muscular, and vibrant color. Respectively; low social caste, middle caste, and high caste. In fact, I have started to believe that the temple in AvP may have actually been a private Blooding ground for that specific clan that has been used by generations. Scar’s father and grandfather may have been Blooded in that temple.

This has been Iseijin’s two cents.

iseiginsig7nu.jpg

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

That's well said. I agree with you. I never even thought of the Caste System...

EDIT: avpunlimited, they aren't invincible. And this is an Alien fan saying that.

Do you like Peanut Butter?
00Bloo_sig05.PNG

AVPFREAK, Yautja, 17 years ago

Wow......that's an interesting theory Iseijin. And it makes perfect sense. But what I'm gonna talk about is that all this cannot be proven. The caste system......no matter how well thought out......can't be proven true, even if the director states that it is, unless it is shown in the movie. I believe that even though Anderson said that the A vs P Yautja were older that the ones in the first two movies, that doesn't mean they are, because it doesn't state it in the film. We won't ever know things like if the Space Jockeys created aliens, or if the AVP preds were young little punks, etc, unless it is revealed in the film straightforward. Until then, we as fans can always make assumptions. Obviously, the assumptions of the AvP/original preds'age can be calculated by their experience, and the experience of the AvP preds is debatable, but here's my defense agaist the Predators not having experience in Alien vs. Predator. Yes, you heard me right: I think the preds in AVP had more experience than the stupid weakling punks everyone has made them out to be. That said, they still may not have as much experience as the ones in the first Predator movies, but they're not weaklings.

1. Chopper: I've heard many say that this pred wasn't experienced enough because he decided to kill Lex, but she was about to get an axe-like weapon to use on Celtic. Chopper saw this and realized that Lex was formidable. And some have also said that he could've fought Grid as he was lifted by his tail. Well, he seemed paralyzed. Maybe Grid's tail secreted a powerful stunning toxin.

2. Celtic: I agree wholeheartedly that this was the most experienced Yautja warrior in the film. He fought HARD, and if you have seen the unrated edition of AVP, you know that he was apparently the leader because he was seen directing Scar to go a certain direction after the chestburster sequence. The thing that makes everyone classify him as inexperienced is of course when he had the chance to kill Grid in the net, but instead simply walked up to him suspensefully. Overconfidence doesn't mean inexperience, in some cases it hints at the direct opposite, but the thing is that he is a PREDATOR. He, unlike xenomorphs, has emotions and standards. After a long and painful fight, it was natural for this predator to be so into himself for finally, after years of practice, defeating an alien (temporarily), to want the creature to suffer pain caused by the net. Either that, or the predator was just showing something aliens do not possess - fear. I'm not saying at all that aliens are invincible, but they are pretty darn formidable and intimidating to a creature like a predator without his plasma gun. I know for a fact that if a human was facing something like a tiger, with his shotgun lost, and only having weapons like knives and pellet guns, that he would be having at least some fear. That is a weakness of the Yautja. They have emotion. But even with that weakness, I have no doubt in my mind that all of the aliens in AvP would've been killed by all three warriors if they had had their higher calibur guns that were stolen by the humans. As Deathdrop said, aliens are not invincible. They are simply formidable, but can be killed.

3. Scar: This predator was a die-hard individual in a heavy combat situation. Even without his gun, he $ucked it up, and obliterated a hive of xenos. And before then, he was doing it more honorably, listening intently with great experience as an alien came at him quietly from the wall behind him. He was experienced in fighting in my opinion, but his emotions of a LONG day of brutal war got to him as he desperately tried to bring the Queen down with Lex's help and was pierced by the Queen's serpentine barbed tail. He, like all of the predators in this film, fought with great honor, such as when he took a huge leap into the air and stabbed the Queen in the head with his combi-stick.

The point is that though both species are formidable, they are not perfect. They have their limitations.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla