Swift_Spear, Yautja, 18 years ago

What about Scar face on predator CJ he was standing close to a object that was getting charged up with eletricity on the roof and roaring his lungs out.

Swift.jpg

You got to be swift to catch me because if you can not, you are dead.

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

Well, I think its more like a victory, or gladness roar. It didnt ever affect his abilaties or health.

Drenton.jpg

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

well as long as its a debate and stays civil, thats what an argument is, two or more opposing viewpoints properly discussed.

ok let me give u 'facts' in the movie. in predator 2, the predator raizes his combi-stick in defiance and victory, then lightning strikes him and runs thru his body, but he is left unhurt.

in AvP, we see the queen in constraints and electricity runs thru them, helping her to be reanimated from the freeze.

in both cases, i believe it was jsut for effect. lightning contains 'several hundred million volts' and '200,000 amps'. one amp alone can kill a human. i dont know what kind of electricity was generated in AvP, tho.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Kidd, Yautja, 18 years ago

Well, to me the Yautjas worship lighting (figure of speech)and their bodies were made to endure that type of thing.
The electricity on AvP is Yautja made. The power is produces is enough to revive the queen from her frozen state.

Now that organic bit. Organics are made up mostly by WATER so a lightling strike hit one of us humans, ZAP!!! Bye bye human. But if you do the safety program and duck down close to the ground during a severe thunderstorm. You might survive the lightling strike.

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to give yall some ideas. I'm not trying to put a stop to the conversation either, but just answering questions the best I could.

Edit: This goes to the post below this one. Yeah I need to study a bit more. LOL Otang is the smart guy, so it seems. LOL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

actually organic means anything that contains carbon, also means 'from biological tissue'. mostly used as soemthing living that dereviates from carbonic materials, including humans, plants, animals, and anythin that used to be alive. and most important, are capable of decay

Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

^ In that case, Xenos are NOT organic, because they are said to be silicone-based.

deathdrop1.jpg

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

As otang stated, in Predator 2, he was struck with a bolt of lightning which was conducted through his combistick & flowed straight into his body. Although, also as otang stated, this was possibly for effect, to make the scene more dramatic. But taking everything into account, a possible theory is that predator's armour contains some kind of energy barrier, fluctuating currents of electricity away from the wearer to avoid injury.

As for xenos, well, I doubt that electricity would really do much to them. Their extremely high resistence to almost all kinds of adverse conditions means that even a very severe dose of electricity would barely even stun the alien.

stalker.jpg

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

Stalker- "But taking everything into account, a possible theory is that predator's armour contains some kind of energy barrier, fluctuating currents of electricity away from the wearer to avoid injury."

so the pred would pretty much get fried without the armor?

i wanted to know what would happen without the armor. and do you think that the xeno's exoskeleton does the same for the xeno as the armor does for the pred?

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

Without the armour, the electricity would probably have the same effect on a pred as it would on any other animal, basically, the armour diverts the lethal current from the pred's body, like a plastic handle on a metal spoon, but without the armour, the pred would most likely be electrocuted.

As for aliens, their resistance to almost all kinds of hazardous conditions means that even the most powerful electric current would probably barely even stun the alien, basically making electricity near-worthless against them

stalker.jpg

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

unless it was made into plasma like donut said.
it wouldnt hurt the aliens.
blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

predatoress, Yautja, 18 years ago

lol yeah, you rather lay down incapable to move controlled than take the moment of great pain on your face lol Suits me! rofl

Hmmh, but if the electricity would go through xeno's exoskeleton it would do a lot more damage.

predatoressweb.jpg

The servant and the observer of Balatu

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

predatoress, Yautja, 18 years ago

I think silicone isolates somewhat electricity, not sure though. Should ask my roomie lol

According the pred, as my dad said so when we were watching the movie, 'in real that thing would've been fried' rofl Well dunno though, we just think with the laws of Earth, maybe they consist of substances what prevents them to get hurt from great amount of electricity. But their nerve systems uses electricity, I think they would be overloaded if the power would go through their bodies.

Dunno, hey Stalker, lets try this: I'll zap you with a taser and look what happens! lol

predatoressweb.jpg

The servant and the observer of Balatu

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

u can try if u want predess, still better than getting hit by ur pike, lmao. But yeah, I'm not too sure about the silicone aspect myself, not entirely sure what kind of materials xenos are composed of, but I doubt they would affected by electricity much one way or the other

stalker.jpg

DD is right although i heard in Alien that a facehugger's body is silicon based, meaning it is one of most abundant materials in universe and also means that it is not organic, but i havent heard the same for the xenomorph and its chemical composition.

Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules