avpunlimited, Undefined, 18 years ago

If you look at it is bigger than godzilla, its huge!

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
therunner.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

There is NOTHING in the picture that gives ANY hint to the creature's size. Again, you made up a size, and you posted it. Furthermore, that is not an alien. That is a painting by H.R Giger, the man who designed the alien. The pic, however, is NOT an alien. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? It's certainly a cool pic, but it's not an alien. It is RELATED to Alien, as it is from the same designer, but an alien it ain't.

deathdrop1.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

well it may be just as big as a space jockey but i could be wrong, cause it looks like it is sitting in a chair looking through the scope that a space jockey has.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

It dosen't look like the Jocky chair to me. Could be wrong, but it looks different.

deathdrop1.jpg

It has space jockey's next to it, twelve of them
http://www.the-artfile.com/gallery/artists/giger/alien3.jpg

They look like ghosts but they are space jockry's, one space jockey is 4 times the size of a 6 foot human.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
therunner.jpg

it is a space jockey chair that the alien is sitting on. it is just a bigger version of it. don't you see the 2 jockey's sitting next to it in another chair and the scope on the top.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board

That was a gun that fired light, it says it in an enter vuiew, there are twelve space jockeys to the left of it and they are smaller than it, alot smaller, there for it is huge!

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
therunner.jpg

i always thought the space jockey's looked through a giant telescope.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Maybe I'm missing something, but those don't look anything like Space Jockies to me. You have a link to the site that pic came from? I'd be interested to see it.

deathdrop1.jpg

yeah now that i think about it they dont. they look like skulls in that chair(they look like something from the book scary stories by Alvin Schwartz). and i always looked at jockey's as two big things that had their head fused together. or atleast that is what it looked like to me.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

Those defenantly don't look anything like jockeys to me. Giger's art contains alot of environmental work that is strange & obscure, very particular of that pic, I'd say that that it's just the surroundings, not jockeys. Furthermore, I'll admit that it slightly resembles the jockey's chair, but I still see a fair bit of differences. I still stick to the fact that that is defenantly not a xeno, as much of Giger's work revolves around images of that sort.

stalker.jpg

If there not space jockeys, what are they? Sense nothing else has ever met aliens exept humans and preds. It is not a xenomorph, but one of his experaments, its good to assume that it is an alien, one big one.

Do desisions take three days? Just a question.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
therunner.jpg

Just a question? oh to the clan thing, they take a week. the leader must watch you. if not that then nvm.

well Giger made all this stuff up, so if i had his email i would ask him. but they really dont look like space jockey's.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Right!

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
therunner.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

as I stated, those are probably parts of the environment, Giger's unique "biomechanical" stryle of drawing contains alot of environmental work simplar to that, just as the walls of the hive are unique in their own design & are unlike any other kind of environmental style in existence, that is a very similar style

stalker.jpg

Well put.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
therunner.jpg

I don't think you understand what we mean. That image is not connected to the Alien series at all. It's not part of the timeline or the mythos. All of that is work by H.R Giger, who, I might add, creates some awesome landscapes. His work has always been biomechanical in nature; it didn't start with Alien. That's the whole reason he was asked to do the design of the alien in the first place. By the way, if you're intrested, here are a few of his sites. Some awesome stuff on there.

http://www.giger.com/

http://www.hrgiger.com/

deathdrop1.jpg