Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i agree with avpfreak

in space no one can Hear you scream

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

the only thing I didn't like about the film is it was too short one hour film ain't much. and the aliens and predators didn't get enough face time if you catch my drift. paul did ok all in all. he's ok in my book.

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
go to my ALIEN site NOW!

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I don't actually hate Anderson, it seems like it's going a little far to hate someone just because they've directed some bad movies, & yeah DD, from what I've seen in the director's commentary Anderson did seem like a fairly decent guy, but all that enthusiasm didn't translate into what most ppl really wanted to see, it translated into "hollywood" action half the time, not the way an Alien or Predator movie is supposed to be (well predator 2 was a little I suppose). Resident Evil I cannot forgive either, it was a terrible movie & a mockery to the great game franchise, & to be honest, Event Horizon, the movie which everyone says is just about Anderson's best film, honestly didn't do that much for me. Admittedly it was good for the 1st half, but then it really lost it's edge.

stalker.jpg

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

That's what I meant. Alien Vs. Predator 2 could be directed by him, it would be A LOT better because he learned from some mistakes in AVP, but it's most likely he won't take the job. But since AVP2 is coming out August 10, 2007, someone tell me if I'm wrong. For Resident Evil, I already explained what happened. The feeling you get with the originals isn't what you got, but in AVP's case, it's good enough for a first film. Before any of you say, "But ALIEN was a first film and that turned--" yeah yeah yeah, I know. But Alien was a first timer, no other movies like it, it had turned the meaning of both horror and the alien species around. Plus, it wasn't based off of anything except H.R. Giger's designs, but that's it; no books, no comics, no video-games, no nothing except the horrifying yet very great designs of H.R. Giger.

Again, I don't mean to offend any of you, but like Stalker said, you shouldn't hate him for messing up a movie. Try and get more info. than him messing up a/a few movie(s) and then decide if you hate him or not.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

er its spelt Mortal Kombat with a K lol

coryscarfacev2.jpg

AVPFREAK, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

How exactly did he do that? I still don't know that the big deal with AVP hatred is, and I haven't ever been a fan of RE or Mortal Combat before his films, so I wouldn't know about them.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

not only did anderson screw up resident evil and avp but he screwed up mortal kombat with the movie he made.

coryscarfacev2.jpg

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

^ i agree with that statment!

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

One thing we can all agree on about Anderson: He's by FAR a better choice for AvP2 than Uwe Boll!

deathdrop1.jpg

Hate is too strong of a word for Paul Anderson, anger and dissapointment seem more reasonable for him.

brokentusk.jpg

I dont hate him, and he seems like a decent guy on the commentary. I just think that we expected too much of AvP, and when we saw that it wasnt the film from out dreams, we got ticked off. But if you can look past the flaws in the film, to all the decent stuff, you will apriciat it even more. Like how they got the heat vision to sucsseffully work

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

I respect your answers Cory, but screwing up a movie is still not any good reason to hate him.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Uwe Boll, lmfao, the day he gets hired to direct AVP2 will be the day that hell freezes over. I wonder if it's even possible to find a worse director than him. The house of the dead & alone in the dark movies were so utterly pathetic that it was almost funny, compared to him, paul anderson would look like James Cameron

stalker.jpg

Kidd, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I sure hope so. Because some the other movies' sequeals have not been good. Like Resident Evil, it was scarey on the first movie,(I hate those dead dogs.) but the second was way better but my scarey friends were in it as well but they were less scarey than the first.

But my worst fear is that darn Doll name Chucky, but when Child's Play 1,2 and maybe 3 came out, he was scarey but these last few movies he is not, but I won't watch no movies with that doll.

When other movies that pick up what the first movies left off, they have something lacking which makes the sequeals fail, but somtimes bring it up. I sure do hope that AVP2 will do better than the first.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

Hahahahaha! Oh well. He (Paul) can direct, no doubt about it. Who knows, maybe AVP2 will be one of his greatest films ever. Maybe it won't. We'll never find out until it comes out on that fateful day... *cough* August *cough* 10 *cough* 2007 *sneeze, drop dead*

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

Thanks, DeathDrop. And also, the point of my first post was that if you're hating on Alien Vs. Predator, hate on the movie, not the director. Just becuase he screwed up that movie, which I think was done very good in a lot of places, doesn't mean he's a stupid person. I agree with Katam and Stalker and whoever else had the same point as them and me. He's not a bad person, and besides, knowing FOX, they could of messed it up in a slight way that actualy messed it up in more of a huge way that isn't noticable. That may not make sense, but to those who it does, do you know what I'm saying here?

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

predator_1, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

RESIDENT EVIL .......LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AVP...........................OK

MORTAL COMBAT.............................OK