daveberg, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Ok ok ok. Listen people and listen hard. For the ones who have gripes with our desicions - it's simply not your choice to make.

Do not ruin otangs celebration. He deserved the role.

We don't choose mods on the basis of how long someone has been here, nor do we take kindly to people constantly asked to become one, or those who just simply wish to be granted power so that they can feel superiror to others.

The cold fact is that most of you on here are in my opinion, not fit to moderate this site. I've been doing it longer than everyone and i can safely say that at times, it can be the most stressfull situation comprahendable.

We choose members based on a number of things. For me, age is a very important factor, maturity is a valuable asset for this job, you will constantly be faced with stressfull situations and troublesome members, for this we look for people with cool heads, who are intelligent and able to cope with the pressure that comes with the job. Also, we look for selflessness, people who actually go out of their way to help others without thinking in the back of their minds 'If i keep this up, i'll be a mod' That is simply just a pathetic way of trying to gain power.

First and formost - our job is to make this site run smoothly and eliminate any problem members/posts that may arrise - it's not a power trip.

If most of you want the 'title' so bad, then go to another forum and opt for a mod job, but as it stands here, we can only look to people who we believe to reliable and who can be a benifit to the team.

As i stated in the HIVE to certain members, choosing a mod does not come down to popularity - if that was the case, most of you on here would be a mod by now, my close friends i've made over the years i've made here would be in the spot straight away if that was how it worked, but it doesn't.

Aside from celtic, our modding team are all relatively older than most on the site, and provide stella support in keeping this site running the way it should be, that is the important thing.

So please all, before you start whining about how long you've been here etc etc, just remember, it's got nothing to do with that, or has nothing to do with how well you know me either etc, our choices are final, and we would like you to support our desicions and wish otang well in his new role.

TOPMOD.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Stalker, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I wasn't trying to whine dave, I was just wondering, & I am not complaining or anything either, I do support the decision, I think otang will be a great mod, I was just wondering about it

stalker.jpg

I wasnt firing at you there in particular stalker - that was to everyone, i've had quite a few gripes so far and it's quite annoying to see people ruin the celebration of otangs 'promotion' with their own selfishness.

The exact same thing happen when k20 was given the role, so many people caused a fuss and it ruined it for him, when in fact he was one of the best members ever to walk onto this site.

TOPMOD.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

If I was being like that, I am sry, I didn't mean to be. I wish otang well in his new position, If I came across any other way then I didn't mean it, but yeah, I was a little confused with the situation, thanks for clearing it up dave

stalker.jpg

No worries mate, i'm expecting alot more people to be more annoyed than yourself stalker, people need to stop being so self absorbed, being a mod is a tough job at times and we simply select the people we feel are fit to deal with the pressures, nothing more, nothing less.

TOPMOD.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

fair enough m8, oh & congrats again to otang

stalker.jpg

Kidd, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

:walks behind otang and opens then sprays him with champahne: Congrats otang good luck with the job <(^_^)>

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, your not gonna make it.

OTANG, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

predalien 64 and kidd, sorry that you are confused as noobs, its hard to tell who has been here unless a person posts thats all.

otang.jpg
Struggle is The Glory

predalien_64, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

thinks otang, i did not mean to start all this sorry. good luck man being MOD :)

The Best Of Both Nightmares

Kidd, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I'm a noob so don't worry bout me alright, because I'm still learning heh heh heh <(^_-)>

(just read then erase)

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.