shannon, Undefined, 17 years ago

well in avp didnt grid come out first? at least im assuming the chestburster grew up to be grid...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

I never really thought about them being able to sence other things outside of its host, but once you think about it they probable could.

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

havent heard that one before. but it is a good idea.

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

In my opinion it's because the chestburster growing inside and the facehugger attached to the host can sense danger. In Alien, the facehugger came off when the humans weren't around, and the burster emerged when the crew was eating, so it may have perceived that as a distraction. In the other films, they may have hatched out in front of armed humans because they had simply waited too long. But in AVP, the hatching was perfect. The bursters emerged all at the same time, and the predalien burster emerged whenever the elder predators had gone away.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

they shouldnt have cut out that scene then because it just raised questions about why the chestbursters matured so fast

Ya that probly could be true because the predators know a lot about aliens, so they probably couldve made a serum like that.

shannon, Undefined, 17 years ago

well i think in AVP there was suppost to be a scene where the queen was supposed to be injected with a large amount of hormones that whould make her produce fast birthing eggs. but in the end that scene got cut out...
as for the one in alien three im guessing that one took several days because it was a queen embryo. i say that cause it seems that the drone in alien only took about 1 day

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yeah that's likely. Also, I think that since it was a Queen, it took longer to become fully developed. Yet another theory is one I read in an interview with Paul Anderson, and if this interview is accurate, then it solves the problem. Paul says that he made his aliens come out faster because the same thing happens with human offspring. There are premature childbirths all the time, and no one really knows why they happen.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

I dont know if this right but I think that in AVP the queen was connected to a serum or something that made her chestbursters burst quicker, which also sped up the hunt. alot of people have said this but i dont know if it is true or not.

and in the others they didnt have the serum.

dont worry about the other topic i am sure a mod will delete it.

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

k im back and yeah in alien3 you'd think that the queen wwould come out of ripley when the runner was right beside her so that the queen would have protection instead of waiting to come out after the runner was dead.

well the one that came out first probably did because it got on the girl before any other facehugger got on anyone else. so it would come out earlier than the others.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Timing of development. It's all in the timing. Eh, maybe more of the development, but I think you guys know what I'm trying to say...

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."