avpunlimited, Undefined, 17 years ago

No, I'm saying that it is an artists dream, so it doesn't need to rely on science, but it does to make it scarier.

alien3yl9.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

yeah he got a point if you strat breaking stuf down it kinda louses it touch would you be more scared of somthign that you know everythign abought or somthign that boom out of nowhere never seen and have no knowlage of it personaly i be more scared if i dont know what it is

Lucifer.jpgI'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.
Welcome to Midian

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

...Aliens do survive on normal physics. They don't float in the air, and last time I checked they don't phase through walls...

Just because a creature doesn't breathe doesn't mean that it breaks the laws of science. Bacteria don't have to breathe, either. Just because we haven't seen something like it before doesn't mean it's breaking anything.

And we've already discussed this before, the xenomorph in Alien 3 was eating. If you're not going to consider that canon, then I'm not even going to bother arguing.

CrowRunnerSig-2.png?t=1169492759

I meant not comparable, and I'm saying that the alien doesn't eat and doesn't breath and doesn't need to survive on regular physics because he is an artists dream, and its scarier that way.

alien3yl9.jpg

"I never said that the alien would look incomparable to anything, but I said that it was incomparable to anything."

...Okay I'm sorry, but that makes no sense...

If it's incomparable to anything, than it can't be comparable to anything in terms of physical appearance.

And the xenomorphs are comparable to a lot of things: Humans, Ichneumonid Wasps, Termites, Water Bears, and large number of parasitoids.

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, i hate kids, they scare me, and apparently, the anti christ is supposed to look like this little chap called Damien.......yup, that'd scare me.

*Mumbles....'damn kids'..........*

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

We have seen a snake-alien. I can't really compare it to a snake, though, other than having a long tail replacing the legs.

And humans have replaced sharp talons with very un-sharp nails.

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

I never said that the alien would look incomparable to anything, but I said that it was incomparable to anything.

It would be scarier that way.

alien3yl9.jpg

Well, if it's more hideous than anything I can imagine, then I'd still have to have something hideous in real life to compare it to. If not, the entire response of fright is psychologically impossible.

I know what a bear looks like. I don't know what the antichrist looks like. Therefore, I am more scared of the bear.

We can comprehend the alien though. All I said was that the alien wouldn't have to survive like a regular mortal creature.

Why the fuck would you be more scared of a bear than the anti-christ?! Say you saw the anti-christ, and he was the most hideous thing that you have ever seen, and he was more hideous than anything that you could imagine, and he wanted to kill you for grotesque pleasure, you wouldn't be as scared as you would be with a bear that you at least have a chance of beating?

alien3yl9.jpg

Aye, the greatest fear is of something which cannot be truly understood, but what little which we can comprehend must remain within the boundaries of something we know. If a creature held absolutely no relation to anything we've seen before, it would cease to be frightening. Anything scary must hold a relation to something else which we know to be dangerous or terrifying.

Fear of the dark is largely an irrational and conquerable fear, yet it remains one of the greatest because the human imagination is what makes that fear come alive. However, it is also the imagination which associates the phantoms and beasts of the dark to creatures and things which we already know. Once again, it has to hold a relation to something we know.

Now that is scary a bear coming after you, but about that predalien inner jaw thing i did not remember that creature having one, but everyone makes mistakes, but in alien vs predator 2 game i don't think the Predalien does not even have an inner jaw....

I am God of Blades I'm kinda having problems.

If it is comparable to the horrors of science, it is scary, but if it is comparable to the horrors of evil fantasy, it is petrifying.
Like the anti-christ is scarier than a bear.

The creature looks like the devil, monster or beast, ask HR Giger what his intentions for it were. He drew a lot of satanist pictures of giant orgasms of filth, and he drew a picture of the anti-christ with horns that penetrate women.

images%3Fq%3Dhr%2Bgiger%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26as_qdr%3Dall
He wanted something devil like, not animal like. And the devil is unimaginable in terror.

g_alien1.jpg

Well, one of the things which makes the xenomorph so intriguing is that everything we have seen about them makes them biologically feasible. In no way or form do they break the laws of science.

The universe is a very big place, it's no one's say whether a creature like it could or could not exist now or in the future.

What makes a xenomorph frightening is not that it's relentless or unimaginable. What makes them terrifying is that they are comparable to creatures we know today.

An unstoppable creature is not scary because the viewer knows it to be unstoppable.

Also, the only way humans have been able to kill the xenomorphs thus far has been with science. Humans made the compressed chamber which sucked the xenomorph into the vacuum of space in Alien, the power loader and M41A pulse rifle in Aliens, the molten lead facility in Alien 3, and the entire space station in Resurrection.

The greatest kinds of horrors stem from something which we can associate to things within our own lives. We were terrified from that chestburster breaking out of a human's chest because we are human. We are frightened by the xenomorph because it is humanoid and we are unaccustomed to being prey to a greater predator.

Tack on the elements of stealth and deadly swiftness, and you have yourself the makings of a true horror.

And I respect your opinion.

alien3yl9.jpg

I under stand where your comeing from and i respect that but i still stand buy what i said erlier cose that is what genuinly makes alien scairy for me.

not that the movies are that scairy anye more after waching them like a milion times lol

Anarchysig.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Movie>Game.

Go figure.

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."