Alien Prometheus

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

I haven't seen any real concrete data about the movie other than the little bit Ridley Scott has said. Do you think it will benefit the franchise to further explain the aliens, their culture and so on?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

Since I'm assuming that the Aliens' culture is "i kill shit", I don't really think there's much more to it than we've seen. However, since there was mention of the "creators", maybe there will be some Jockey culture. What WOULD be funny is if it were made as a sequel to the completely unrelated movie Contact.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

It sounds from the various interviews like it'll be more about the Space Jockeys than the Xenos (hence the change it titles), which could be interesting. If he manages to pull off anything close to the world-building of the original Alien, this could be an awesome movie.

Mebber, Yautja, 12 years ago

I heard something about "large aliens". My thought about that was that we'll maybe finally see some xenos who've been born out of jockeys, just remember that huge hole in the jockeys chest. If that's correct, i wonder if this new alien will be as scary as the original one... large aliens sound somehow less mobile to me, assumed there won't be some real big air shafts. The alien's ability to move fast and unnoticed through a structure by using the vents was always a great aspect of the aliens.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

I like the mystery behind it. I was always attracted to the idea of a film where little to no dialog is spoken or used (God forbid he actually uses the "heading typed onto the screen with key mashing sound effects in the background explaining where the characters are because no one will figure out otherwise" technique), and hopefully this would be something similar.

I just don't want to see any Jockeys speaking English. Even a ridiculously detailed alien language would seriously lower the appeal of getting to know the Alien's originators. But maybe I'm asking too much; it's probably a bad thing that this is what I'm worried most about.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

C'mon, people, this is a new Alien film (we think) by Ridley Scott. Surely the rest of you have something to add?