Alien Covenant spoiler/rumor

the_doctor, Yautja, 7 years ago

Hey everyone, I haven't seen alot of discussion about Alien covenant around but I've actually been irritated enough about the spoiler that came out last week to make a vid about it. Give it a watch, I'd like to know what the rest of you think about this stuff

https://youtu.be/Dx7y_SB3Lzg

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

I'll put here what I put there:

It would be a very cheap and lazy move if this turns out to be true. If she is in it then let just be as name drop or her as a low level secretary that happens to be in a room just as some other people are talking back on Earth. Just keep her far away from the action as possible but close enough to get scared enough to feel the need to reassure little Ripley that monsters are not real.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 7 years ago

It might be just plain fan-baiting, get people interested in the film. Look at how uniquely they advertised Prometheus.

I have to agree with you doc, its a recycled concept to draw fans in. You don't need another 'Ripely' character to have an excellent alien film. Like you said the first film was more about the creature and how Ripley just ended up being the one who survived. I do get that the later films focused more on Ripley and it worked for most of them, but as we're coming full circle with this franchise making prequels it seems silly to have some sort of Ripley decedent or relative to be fighting the aliens once again.

My point pretty much is in line with your thoughts doc. As you go further back in the alien universe you should be seeing less of ripely. Her start in the series was the first alien film, having her blood line show up in prequels is damn silly.