supersonicman96, Yautja, 7 years ago

Recently, I had a dream that avp universe was shut down. As that ever been an issue or has it always been stable?

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 7 years ago

@Skull_Ripper

The tattoo isn't very elaborate, I'm just super worried about adding to my design because then if I mess up I'd have to erase and it'll look weird hahaha.

@SuperSonicMan96 (And the rest of the website for that matter)

As for the AvP dream? I feel like AvP is always on thin ice and at risk, it's like a new Movie or Game comes out and everyone gets excited, like "Ooh! New Alien and Predator stuff!" and even the mainstream audience (i.e. CoD and Halo fans of games or MCU and DC film goers) get it and try it, love it at first viewing or play it online for a few weeks consistently and then... tumbleweed... it falls out of focus entirely and collects dust and is never discussed again for another 5+ years as if it never existed until the next installment is released.

Like in the real world no one ever speaks of the Alien/Predator Shared Universe ever, but when I was at my previous job I mentioned that I was introducing my Girlfriend to the franchise and everyone in the kitchen blew up like "Ahw man! That's mah shit dude!". Or when CoD Ghosts came out with the Predator DLC (Which by the way made the Pred look a lot more traditional and accurate than the 2010 AvP game got it I might add) and everyone was like "Dude you can play as a Predator!" and same goes with Mortal Kombat X with the Alien and Predator DLCs. But between these installments... wind.

It's not like Star Wars, Halo, Mortal Kombat, or Avengers. With those between installments people still enjoy them and talk about them and anticipate the next installment, with AvP... nothing, it's released, enjoyed for a short while and utterly forgotten about.

Sure this isn't true for everyone, the fans like us get into it and talk about it on here but whereas the (less than mediocre) Marvel Cinematic Universe I can find a conversation about just by walking out the front door, I have to tread to a small back-end website just to talk about AvP with seemingly the only other 5 people across the planet who care.

This is the difference between Mainstream and a Cult following, Alien and Predator dance along that mainstream border into the level of say... Anime I think is a good comparison, but still sits away in the Cult Category just because for some reason it can't seem to hold people's attention for very long, whereas I see the potential for AvP to be something absolutely fantastic, everyone else, doesn't seem to think so.

Alien vs Predator needs a Cannon, something to blast it through the wall that is honestly little more than a window at this point into the Mainstream world because it's there, it can be there, it can become what people seek out, but for some reason, the Mortar just always seems to crack the glass and fall to the floor. But let's be honest, only way it'll get through is to just keep trying, keep it alive, and never let AvP die, because eventually that crack will give, but we just need to make sure we don't give up on it and let it die, because come on, it's been around since the 70's and still going, it's lasted as long as Star Wars, so after 4 decades we know it can last, so lets just make sure Alien/Predator never dies, and what I like most, is unlike all of those other mainstream stuff that just keeps adding new this and new that and growing? No, Alien and Predator don't add and improve, it just stays solid Alien and Predator as they once were, and just like James Bond, it doesn't need anything more than that.

Keep AvP Alive, and never let it Die.

Feels like one of my Rock Music Rants...

EDIT:

Oh hey! you meant the Website "AvP Universe" not the.... Alien vs Predator "Universe" heheh... eehhhhh..... yeah.... misinterpreted... my bad ^^'

embarrassing.....

Well, It did reboot once before right? I remember after like the first year or two it had a complete Re-Hash and we all signed up again or something like that... and that's why the space between Hunter and Predator now has to have an Underscore ("_")... yes?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Birthdays are nice. It's the one time of the year that isn't completely terrible.

@HP: I'm 23 now!

@DW: Don't tell me more idols died on the 3rd...

@Sonic: No, We Are Completely Fine. Nothing Bad Is Happening

DeathWraith, Yautja, 7 years ago

Well no, the accident happened on the 3rd and one of them died instantly. The other one died later on the 7th.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 7 years ago

@HW Holy cow, that was insanely inspirational. I don't even care that I was talking about the website, now I can't wait to see what avp has in store.

@Bloo well that is a relief

Wow, one of my closest friends' birthday is on the 7th.

So I've had this k-pop song called Mach on repeat and I shouldn't have looked at the lyrics because almost every lyric starts with 빛 보다 빠르게 which means "faster than light". Why does Korea do this to me?

The whole time reading that I was thinking to myself, "Yup, must've been him, absolutely must have been..." lol

Worth the read.

I successfully just got my girlfriend's son to start eating again, 7 month old hadn't eaten in days... not anymore lol.

Thought this was important...

By the way, how could we advertize this site? And not in a way that'll attract an immature community? (Although all are welcome, let's not get the youngin's with no sense of grammar or respect.)

Yeah my bad, I actually login every other day but I forget to post.

Good thing about the baby, though. Is the baby ill?

Edit: We could start advertising ourselves as a fanfiction and roleplay site (to differentiate ourselves from AVP Galaxy). That way, more people would come just to write stories.

How about we advertise ourselves as a single thread where we talk about everything not related to AvP BUT with an AvP background picture.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 7 years ago

@DW: I am Frank. We are all Frank.

Speak for yourself, I'm not Frank right now.

@DW: We could just give everyone mod abilities so that the entire site is just one post that we each edit if we wanna comment.

I hate to be frank, but I hate to be Frank.

@Bloo: but then who moderates the moderatemen?

Frank does. Frank?

Frank died back in 1998 :'(

GOD

DAMMIT

Explains why we're all a ghost.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 7 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6knYuBYm2Yw

They ruined the movie Chapie, and now, by God, they're gonna do the same to music.

FRANK CANNOT ALLOW THIS.