Dronehive, Yautja, 9 years ago

So, this is interesting.

DW, how long did it take for you to change from introverted to extroverted? I try, but it seems hard for me to even BEGIN talking to people.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 9 years ago

@DH
It was pretty instant. Like I made the decision that shit didn't matter unless I'd do this, because I'd lost to someone, which I couldn't take. So I was like FUCK IT. It also helped a lot that I had a friend who turns out is also ENTP to learn from and I also got support from another friend on personal matters that required being extroverted. While I was INTP I used to silently hate people and think I was above everyone else, but then when I became ENTP I suddenly realized that I could be very charismatic and say anything to anyone without any bad consequences as long as I smiled and seemed sincere, so I thought "holy shit, I really am above everyone else." That's not true, of course, there people who are above me, such as Bloo and DD, for example, because they can actually do things, instead of just coming up with things to do.

I miss being INTP, because I was feared and respected. Now I only have a lot of friends. But I used to need my alone time when I was an introvert, whereas now I don't need to recharge anymore, I just need motivation. As long as someone tells me that what I'm doing is wrong, I can keep doing it forever.

EDIT:
"This becomes especially apparent when INFJs find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways."

See Bloo, the next time you feel like you're being attacked, just let me handle it. I can fight back in highly irrational and unhelpful ways without feeling bad about it.

EDIT 2: Also I like this song.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

@DW: This thing is scary. It's too goddamn accurate.

Also, your last sentence is amazing.

@DH: Well, it's not necessarily being able to talk to people... like, I'm more introverted than extroverted, but I don't have a problem talking to people and speaking out and all that. I guess it's a product of circumstance - I grew up with a lot of friends and my high school experience wasn't a "normal" introverted one at all, so now I'm really good at small talk, I just hate it.

I guess I'm the opposite of DW in this case, 'cause my group of friends shrank to a group of 4-6 that I'm really close to. (Not that you can't be really close to a bunch of people, but most people I knew weren't on that level to me.)

EDIT: @DW: I dunno if you're entirely serious, but that sounds like a good idea. Seriously, I hate arguing, because most of the time I feel like it's not even about proving something, it's just about winning the argument. It's just, most of the time, there's no way you can REALLY change the other person's mind, because my mind's not being changed so easily either.

EDIT: I think I also like that song.

Of course it's accurate, it's based on actual psychological studies. The personality types were coined by Carl Jung. I think you could really use these personality descriptions to make your characters more realistic/believable in your Instrumentality thing.

EDIT: Also, I hate this song.

DW, hwat do you think the personality type of somone would be if they had PSTD, but weren't necessarily outwardly showing it and instead coped by shutting people out? Obviously they'd be an "I" type, but IDK what else. Maybe I should do the test "as" my character?

I don't think trauma cases apply to regular personality types. You wouldn't ask what body type a person becomes if their legs become paralyzed, right? I don't know, though, I don't understand mental trauma. Doing the test as your character might help, I guess.

Should I go through it as how she was before the event, and use intuition from thereonout?

I don't know, try it both ways and see which option you prefer.

I just decided to throw it out the window.

I kept getting INTP, which just ISN'T my character. MY character isn't introverted, she just happens to have large issues with trust, and she often ends up feeling bad about herself post-conversation because she sais things that she wouldn't realize offends them.

SO, I just decided to narrow down her defining individual characteristics rather than a "type" and piece them together with PSTD and Dissotiative personality disorder.

(By the way in the show I'm crossing the AVPU world over with in the RP, EVERYONE has mental issues. Its really interesting because they feel so real and you hate them for it. I feel like someone as... DeathWraith, for lack of a better word, as you, would love Neon Genesis Evangelion. Im probably wrong, but I know me and Bloo sure do.)

ALSO BLOO GIT ON SKYPE SOMEDAY WE CAN'T EMAIL FEELS AND SHIT ESPECIALLY ABOUT EVA WE HAVENT DISCUSSED EVA WE NEED TO MAN.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

"Doing the test as your character might help, I guess."

Ooooh shit, that's a good idea.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

I was actually thinking about doing that after I did my own test. I should do it now.

@DH: Yeah, uh... I actually learned that I hate Skype, which is why I'm never on it anymore. I don't use Steam anymore either, so other than OTT and the clan room, email's all I got.

That sucks...

Like, whats the deal with Skype? I mean it has some connection issues sometimes but I never had issues with it.

Also YAY PSTD AND DISSOSIATIVE MAKE TEST FAIL HARD.

@DH I don't think you can have PTSD and not be introverted, unless you're Smellody.

Depends, most PSTD people are fine until they fall asleep. Part of PSTD is memory suppression, actually.

Exept for triggers, but eh.

Did the test as Xeuss, this is what I got.

Personality:
ENTJ
Variant:
Turbulent
Role:
Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and leadership abilities.

http://www.16personalities.com/entj-personality

@DH Told you I don't understand trauma.

I understand people with trauma better than normal people because you can trace their motives to one event.

SOO... I FINALLY MANAGED TO GET HER THE TEST ALL DONE AND SHIT.

http://www.16personalities.com/estp-strengths-and-weaknesses

Fits her rather well, outwardly. Inwardly she's a broken girl who craves for the attention of those she idolizes (and ends up being forgotten by them) and constantly is tormented by flashbacks, thoughts that aren't "nice" and intense depression/suicidal thoughts.

By the way, my character is not a happy one.

Im thinking her name should be Aliza, because it means "Gods Oath", which Bloo would get. Very well.

Argonian, Yautja, 9 years ago

http://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality I got this one. c:

I always knew I was a diplomat.

By the way, my marine got the same personality... ummm... so, there is that.

I still have to think on my EVA character. What I know is that she will have purple hair.

Purpl = much win

So, P13, hows THAT BIO COMING ALONG

KMON MAN.

I still have to finish mine, hopefully its good.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 9 years ago

I got INFP too DD, the "Turbulent" Variant. It is eerie how well it describes me, the whole hermit mode where you zone out? I do that all the time! I've had people move furniture around me without noticing until I realized the coffee table was across the room when I came back from lala land.

http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality