-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

They're just drawings, it would be a huge pain in the ass to literally paint this. Though I'm gonna take this to Photoshop or Illustrator and finish it up there. And if you want to learn how to draw aliens and predators, there are probably a lot of tutorials online. For me, I learned by looking at the action figures from all sorts of differ angles. Eventually I started drawing from screenshots of the films and the comics, and now after having done that for so long, I can just sorta draw them.

WolfThePredator, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

thats pretty cool. what inspire u to draw and i mostly draw batman marvel characters nintendo and sci fi

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ Dude, if you don't mind, we have an off-topic thread to discuss this kind of stuff in.

WolfThePredator, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Sowwy deathdrop I just needed.art advice

That's fine. I was just pointing out that the place to ask is in the off-topic thread.

Almost all of my preliminary sketches have been on paper, but I've got a digital "teaser" sketch of my first form, and I'm debating whether or not I should keep the entire project that simple. When I figure out how to take it from the app on my iPad I'll post it here.

Edit: On second thought, the end result's definitely gonna be a lot more refined than this:

Bloo1_zps3f268575.png

I did this in between classes the other day. I really need to invest in a better app.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Looks awesome!

CH, you've got a good example of a profile I can easily work with. It's to the point, clear in your guy's physical characteristics... The only thing that would make it better is if you already had a drawing, like FH does.

Fuck, man. That's really good.

Cheers mate! I was aiming for that. Sadly I'm a terrible artist!

I really like the idea of this, I have this guy in my head and when i write for him i have to think What would he say? How would he act? Until he kind of took on a mind of his own. And there have been alot of changes over the years and its kind of nice to hopefully see the alterego i made be presented to me.

Kind of a "This is your life" deal. I get to see what you guys got to see of me over the years.

/Sappyness

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Not bad not bad Bloo! Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys. And yeah, CH, I'm hoping I can do that to the best of my ability with everyone, though it'll be hard with the members who haven't been online in years.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Looks good Bloo keep it up man!

I don't want to give anything away by naming ALL of these characters, but here's what I've been up to so far:

Dave -
image_zpsdca26f3a.jpg

I saw Iseijin's old picture of you and I don't know whether you want to be as beefy, but you're definitely still a giant, even if it looks like a normal Warrior. Feel free to give me any suggestions - longer talons, smooth dome, different hind legs, etc.

Other designs:
image_zpsaab6356c.jpg
image_zpscd9547c9.jpg
image_zpsd73155df.jpg

These are all old members so far, which is why I want to keep it a surprise for now.

Kirby-Cage, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Dam Bloo wish I had your drawing skills. Looks very nice keep it up.

It's nice seeing these on my big monitor, I do all of these on a Photoshop-like app on my iPad, usually in small bursts during whatever breaks I can find.

Do you guys think this simple style is fine? The green Xeno head is what I had in mind for coloring, but I'm considering going with cell shading.

This looks awesome! But make sure its easy to tell who's who!

Don't worry, I thought it'd be appropriate to give Dave the same design as the original Warrior. Every other Xeno will have some kind of distinct characteristic that'll easily set them apart.

The guy who has Jungle Hunter's design will be one of the only ones with that particular set of details. Other Predators might share similar masks, but that's it. My next few will be a lot different.

On that note, I was also hoping to separate Hunter's Moon and Balatu by using different blooding marks. Obviously HM uses the one from AVP (unless you guys want otherwise), and for Balatu I was using the Crescent (again, unless you guys want something else).

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Very, very sexy bloo! I'm excited to find out whos who. The simple style works, very comic bookish I like it.

This is pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how everyone comes out.