-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Short questions regarding your characters' histories/appearances:

- DD, I'm making Deathdrop Jr a prominent character. Is it cool to call DD Sr "Deathgaze," to make it easier to differentiate between the two?

- DW, does it matter what nationality Xeuss is (I was planning on making it unknown), or should I make him Romanian?

- Did TDN ever say what "TDN" stands for?

- I think I read somewhere that K20A2 was involved in some kind of family trouble or something, which is why he doesn't post anymore. Would it be okay to say his character was killed off, or would that be disrespectful?

- None of the young Xeno members will appear more than once. To compensate, I'm making everyone under level 60 an Alpha Male for one of the 50 Queens. Is that alright?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Yeah, that's fine. It would get confusing to have two characters with the same name.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Yeah, you can leave it unknown, but if you needed to elaborate on his human past at some point, I'd say he's of Slavic descent and born in Canada. Please remember that Slavic does NOT mean Romanian because Romanians are Latin and so is the language. Don't be like Louis, who couldn't understand the "Slavic" words a woman was saying in a village in Transylvania, even though they probably sounded a lot like French.

Anyway, in my version of the XEUSS story, he couldn't remember a lot about the time from before he was cloned, just the memories that were fresh in his mind, so he didn't actually know anything about his human origin other than what the name XEUSS told him.

That makes me wonder, do you guys have certain details about your characters that you haven't written into the RPGs/Character threads, or are the past RPGs good enough sources to go by?

Like, I know your guys' histories and all that, and I have a basic sense of what you're like from the RPGs, but I still feel like I'm gonna get characterization wrong.

Because of the history I've given DD, he's a sarcastic assshole with a (deeply hidden) heart of gold, as much as a Predator can be that.

As for XEUSS, I actually took the memory loss into account, but because it's been a really long time since he was "turned" (hundreds of years), he regained a lot of it back before the beginning of the story, which has turned him into a bitter and distant person. This contrasts with the fact that he's actually around people a lot, giving speeches and making public appearances because of his status as the leader of (arguably) the most important branch of the military, other than AD.

If you DO you wanna tell me more about him, by all means, do it. I'll change his story to however you like.

DD, if you wanna hear what I have about YOUR character, let me know. I really want to know what you think of what I have, not only because it's your character but because, well, you're a writer.

Sorry CH, premature thread bump. Just another question for DW: What's the reason you called it "Dark Blood Organization"? I have a few theories, but if you have an actual reason, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: Does ANYONE know what "Balatu" means?

@Peterson: I hope you don't mind that I'm making your character (as well as several others) older in age. There are two distinct groups of characters, which are separated by age and experience. Yours is in the 40+ group who've all taken part in a world war 20 years before the beginning of the story.

I can explain this in more detail if anyone is curious. It's not in the Art Crap thread.

I think the reason was that I was trying to make a clan full of the unwanted members - not those who couldn't get into a clan, but those who had left their clans for one reason or another. The "dark blood" was supposed to suggest a tainted reputation. It later also became a symbol for xenomorph-human hybrids, since that's what most of the members were, because the mods were like "yeah, i know this is canon, but my pee-pee stings when i think about it, please stop making me touch my pee-pee, my mommy says i'll go blind". Sort of a "mud-blood" meaning, if you will.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

nah its all good bloo.

@Peterson: Awesome. I thought I should let you know that you and TDN have a very dynamic relationship - more specifically, your characters hates his, but you used to be best friends during the world war. You even have matching Forum Names - "Dragon Claw" for TDN, and "Dancing Dragon" for you. Let me know if you want it different.

@DW: Okay, that fits better than what I had. I was thinking "Dark Blood" was actually used to strengthen the difference + hatred between humans and all the monsters that DBO fights, who all have glowing and/or bright green blood. Hybrids actually factor into the story a lot, and so does the DBO.

Your reason for calling it that fits because my version of the DBO is a relatively new government/military organization, and is hated by a lot of other military branches for "not being a traditional military and being full of freaks." There's also a lot of jealousy because it's popular with the public and was formed specifically to counter the rising threat of the Black Goo monsters; it's the only organization to be really effective against them, giving them priority in funding and stuff like that.

It's also the only branch where hybrids are allowed. It also relies on experimental combat tactics/weaponry not conventionally used by others, especially not Alpha Draconis, who hates the DBO the most.

IMAGE DUMP (If you have slow internet, you need to exit this tab RIGHT NOW)

My humans are still... eh. There are about 7+ of them I didn't upload because I want to redo them. BUT, the ones here are pretty much final, and are major characters in the story.

However, the real stars of this update are the 8 main Predators and the 2 main Xeno types. I actually really fucked up on the Xenos, so... MERRY CHRISTMAS, PREDATORS:

DRONE (Standard):
Xeno1_zpsafbe5503.png

WARRIOR (Standard):
Warrior1_zps46bff4ea.png

THE DOCTOR:
1-4TheDoctor_zpsab3ea499.png

PREDATORv2:
1-5PREDATORv2_zps5de321f4.png

CONCRETE HUNTER:
1-3ConcreteHunter_zps7ce50ca7.png

BLACK WARRIOR:
1-8BlackWarrior_zps31e017ff.png

WOLF (Cory):
1-7Wolf_zps87708933.png

STALKER:
1-6Stalker_zps93dc2b97.png

DEATHDROP:
1-1Deathdrop_zpsf8319f5a.png

CETANU/PHONE:
1-2Cetanu_zps149656c4.png

And now for humans. Members first. (The format is Role/Name/Forum Name/Place of Origin or Home)
2-2Xeuss_zps0063e61d.png
2-3TDN_zps01766291.png
2Peterson1_zps32b2a047.png
2-3Mebber_zps2dbef3c5.png

And now the made up characters (which far outnumber the Member-owned humans, I know, I'm sorry):
2-1Jim_zpsc763cbbc.png
2-1Sarah1_zps2e79fb6b.png
2-2Nancy4_zpsdd86ff12.png
2-1Corazon_zps369a1673.png
2-3Saya_zps0d5d4de9.png
2-4Vera_zps3eb265c1.png
2-2Kiira2_zpsb3b684a5.png
2-4Helena_zps48873ef4.png

As always, let me know what you think, and PLEASE tell me if there's something wrong with your character. Happy holidays, AVPu.

(I'm seriously considering linking to the pictures instead, there's, like, 20 of them, and they're huge...)

Edit: Holy shit, they look worse on the site. Oh well.

Kirby-Cage, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Look worse? They look amazing to me. Incredible Bloo, as always, you set the bar higher each time.

There are SOME details about Xeuss that are different in my mind, but I know that our visions can never perfectly match, and since you've probably put a lot more thought into creating an image that makes sense, I'd say at this point he looks similar enough to what I had in mind. If you actually do make comics about these characters, I'm sure the way they look will change slightly from time to time. Anyway, I like where this is going.

Here, have this for your effort.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I should say that I think they all look amazing. Sorry, I'm really not used to pointing out what I like, just what I don't agree with and then assume that you know this means I like everything else.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

First, Amazing. Seriously these blew away all my expectations. Really exceptional stuff, I'm incredibly excited for this.

Second, There is a huge gap between the bridge of the Acuna girls nose, and her nostrils. Just abit odd, Beside that i seriously love the character designs!

MERRYCHRISTMAS

I actually only used a portion of the human characters' portraits for those character cards. I can post the whole drawings if you want, but the most important features are already in the cards because I only drew them from either the waist up or the shoulders up.

@Kirby: YES. I hope I do - it means I'm only growing. If someone DOESN'T like these, that means I can still grow, and that's great because that means I get to draw even more. And thank you. Your character will use the Warrior design up there, by the way.

@DW: It's actually really cool that you like them. I know the actual DBO clan has had a lot of problems in the past, which is one of the reasons I gave them so much focus. Anyway, I'm glad my version of XEUSS is passable. I've always been really worried that you wouldn't like it.

@CH: I'm glad you didn't mention her eyes this time, but FUCK, NOW IT'S HER NOSE. Yeah, I drew her when I was watching a show called "K-ON!," which is about as girly as you can get. I tried fusing the cutesy anime style with my style (she's 15, the youngest character), and I guess I made her nose really small because of that. I'll keep that in mind. It's important that I get her look down because she's really important.

Also, thanks man. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I hope DD doesn't mind the many changes I've given his mask. I can always revert back to the first way I drew it if he wants.

OK, I've got enough anti-cold medication in me to kill the average bull elephant right now, so if there are grammatical mistakes or my post doesn't make sense, that'd be why.

WIth that i mind: I think the new design is even cooler than the old one, I really like the humn character designs, and I agree that the only real problems are a few little facial quirks on some of the humans. Beyond that, this is really looking like something special. I'm not blowing smoke up your ass, either-This is good. This looks really good., and not just in the "leagues better than I can do" way, though it is certainy that.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Can i request that verango pic in 1440x900 with the text "I hate everyone!"

if thats not an ask

@DD: I'm really glad you like them. And yeah, I hate on my human designs so much just because of those little quirks. I practice endlessly to get rid of them, and they still pop up. I've gotten considerably better since this topic started, but it's frustrating that I'm not as good as I need to be yet. Anyway, thanks man, means a lot.

@CH: It's funny you say that because, in a way, she really does hate everyone.

The cheerfulness is an act, except it isn't. It's like a "becoming the mask" kind of thing. Or, like how a lot of sad people just act happy by default because they've been hiding it for a long time, making the happiness genuine sometimes.

It's like a real layer of thick chocolate icing on a vanilla cake.

Also-responding to your post o the last page, yeah, I would like to see some of what you have in mind for the DD character, if only because what I've seen so fr is so cool. But not now. Now is sleep. And snot. And not waking up until noon. NYQUIL AHOY.

ALRIGHT. I'm gonna go find what I told CH on Skype and retype it with acceptable grammar. I'll condense it as MUCH as I can.

Edit: I'm gonna edit this thread's OP and change the title. It's about time I got rid of irrelevant/outdated info, especially for new members or old members coming back.

Edit: Done. If you guys want, you can take a look at the new first post of this thread. It's much more helpful now.

Art Crap is still severely outdated, but I'll be finished revamping it sometime in January. Until then, feel free to ask me about anything.

So, Bloo, how much thought have you put into the fact that your characters are subject to Rule #34?

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think i am a little late with this, but....

Could my character be used too? I am pretty sure everybody will hate it if i am in the comic (seeing how my character is a backstabber), but i just wanted to ask.