shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I did read the rules and it sounded very confusing. Im not doing this on purpose . I really dont get it. sorry if your frustrated. We cool man. o3o

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Yeah man, we're cool.
Basically, an RPG is like a written story where every post is like another very short chapter, and your posts focus on your character's perspective and actions. For example:

Player A: Xenomorph attacks Predator, possibly text regarding to the character's thoughts, and MINOR actions performed by Predator, such as blocking or striking back.

Player B: Predator recovers from Xenomorph attack, and returns with another attack, again possible inner monologue and minor actions performed by the Xenomorph, such as a counter-attack or block.

Obviously it's much more complex than that, but hopefully you get the general idea. Seeing as you're a Xenomorph player, you'd be Player A and your opponent would be Player B.

Rules regarding RPG posts and the control of other peoples' characters include things like, if there's a Marine character, such as Peterson, you cannot have them say anything unless you email them or discuss it with them first, or if they've said it in their previous post and you're including that in your post at the start. In a fight situation you must wait 5 posts before landing a final, killing strike, the killing strike would be on the 6th post.

Also, I'm going to lay this down as it is an enormous pet peeve of mine.
Xenomorphs cannot speak externally, inner monologue is fine, but you can't make conversation with a member of another species. I personally would prefer if you didn't have your character speak in English to other Xenomorphs as well, but that's up to you, it's easier for a lot of people to understand, and Bloo does a wonderful job of it, he's the only one that implements it so well that it doesn't bother me.

Oh now I get it. Thanks man. 0U0

Wait, is the hive a ps3 clan. Because i remember that when I was playing AVP 3 (2010). I found a clan called the hive and their leader was italian stall. If he is here, my old ps3 was almondtea.

Wait, dang it, ummm...... how do you fight in a RPG grrrr why do I have to be in this situation !

No, The Hive (My clan) is not a PS3 clan. It is a clan for those who are on my side in RPGs, if you're in the Shadow Serpents, you're on Bloo's side.

Anyway, fighting in an RPG is basically, you write in your post that you attack the player (Describe how you attacked them though) and for the sake of making it more interesting you can make them block or dodge, or even strike back in your post. When they post it will be them attacking you. Of course it doesn't have to go exactly like that, one player can run away and the other player can choose whether to run after them or not.

Kirby-Cage, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

ShockWave when you're accepted into the Shadow Serpents myself and the rest of the clan I'm sure will give you a hands-on Sparring session that will help you get a better idea for how RPGs go. I kinda wish the Sparring chamber didn't get shut down but it did or I'd say we start your training right away.

But im not in a clan yet. Im just waiting to be in shadow serpents because one of shadow serpents sub-leaders said I have to wait a little while before im excepted. By the way thanks again Firehunter. I know italianstall used to have an account on this website though

zero-alpha, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Do any of you guys know how to find other member's email addresses? (sorry for crapy spelling)

edit: Thank you very much sir

Look at their profiles, some people have their emails in there. Also, if you know you're not very good at spelling or something, I wouldn't recommend going into any RPGs or anything like that.

XenoX27, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Greetings, i am very new here and just have a few questions about making stories for characters. i'm a Xenomorph alien, obviously. i want to post my Xeno's back story in the forum where stories are posted, but i'd like to know if there restrictions. for example i had a story for x27 (also have no idea what to name a Xeno) but her story involved no queen. because of her being in a certain situation. i was told all Xeno's have the potential to become a queen and all Xeno's are born female, and pregnant. which contradicted with my story line. Then i read that /not/ all xeno's are born to be a queen. and there s even a dfferent gesaton period for the birth of a queen. also do i need to follow the classc color scheme. anyway just a few questions i'd like answered.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If you want to explore your character in a controlled environment I'd suggest the RPG character thread found here:

http://www.avpuniverse.com/forum/7955.html

Thank you concrete hunter, I was wondering, Is there a site I can find good facts about Xenomorphs, i've only found wiki's and we all knows those aren't 100% heck some not even 80% correct. I've been basing my story on what the wiki's say, so I guess that's ok right?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

As long as it could fit in one of the film, But i'm not he best person to ask. Try the thread out, There are people that know way more than me!

Ok i will and thank you for replying

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

In the rules of the RPG it says that temas up to three can fight against each other but the mods said that it must always be a 1 on 1 fight.

Tuand9, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I can't join a clan why?

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

You must post in the Clan recruitment thread saying what Clan you wish to join, after you say it in that thread you will be observed by the Clan leader of the Clan you wish to join for one to two weeks, after which time they will say if they think you are worthy of the Clan.

Predalien-9282, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Can I start a clan and if I can how?

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

NO!

Predalien-922- whatever the hell you're called, you're starting to make me mad! You don't read the rules at all! You never read the rules! You asked the most stupid question you can come up with, because YOU DIDN'T READ THE RULES!!!!

Read the rules, then make threads! AFTER YOU READ THE RULES, COME BACK!!!!