DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Wow, you like thought provoking philosophy, not just, you know, the regular kind? Welcome.

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Welcome to the site.

Hunts_End, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site. I've looked the place over (figuring out how to navigate the website mostly) and read through the rules. I was a huge fan of the AVP universe when I was a kid as these were the first scary movies I remember being allowed to watch. The Xenomorphs were the first boogeymen in my nightmares and under my bed when I was little while predators were the focus of much of my very earliest attempts at writing short stories; being frank I owe a lot to both franchises because they kick started my imagination growing up (albeit fear based) and laid down the creative foundation for my art oriented career as an adult.

I decided to join this site as it is still rather active; I found a few other places like this, but all of the forum and chat topics within them have been dead for months or even years, this place looks well put together so far and most importantly active and alive.

ABOUT ME: I am a tattoo artist in eastern Pennsylvania, I still eat Spaghettios despite being in my twenties, I read too much science fiction etc etc.

ABOUT MY CHARACTERS: I'm not nice to any of them, I will full on Charlie Brown them any time I'm in a bad mood. (Don't understand the peanuts reference? The creator of the peanuts gang would occasionally have a bad day; then give poor Charlie a worse day.)

Any time I join an online RPG I create a new character because I enjoy character development through role play. I will be starting with a male unblooded Yautja; of which I am still trying to come up with a name for. I'm happy to take suggestions or initiate a role play to both develop the character and name him.

MY STYLE OF ROLE PLAY: Allow me to begin with this, everyone writes differently and everyone has the right to express themselves in their own way and write what makes them happy; I will clarify here and now that I have no problem with how a person chooses to write however some writers simply aren't compatible with one another; and I accept that.

I write in paragraphs, up to fifteen depending on the scene or situation but typically I crank out posts of two to four paragraphs -approximately 300 words a post- while dialog and interaction with other characters/writers may result in shorter posts to allow for more naturally flowing verbal exchanges -averaging 160 words a post; consisting of thoughts, actions and dialog-.

I like to write with others who also get long winded with posts, get a little anal retentive with the details of thoughts and actions, with people who aren't perfect and do make mistakes and enjoy developing a theme and plot before hand. I will also roll with the flow if my partner doesn't like coming up with a plot beforehand so long as we can at least decide on a setting where the story will take place because I like knowing where I am supposed to be, hah.

WISHES AND INTENT: I am here to make friends, do cooperative writing in a friendly environment, share a bit of my artwork and most of all role play.

I would love it of somebody showed me around the place; as aforementioned I have already read the rules so I'm good to go in that respect. I would also like to begin role playing with my new (still nameless) character, perhaps starting from the very beginning of training and preparations to participate in the rituals to prove himself worthy of a bug hunt? There are lot's of different interpretations of how these guys prepare for the right of passage to be initiated into adulthood, in one book I read the first step is weaving their hair (apparently an agonizing experience) into those iconic dreadlocks and followed by intense training and skill building to work with the necessary equipment to hunt; in another comic the rituals were very different as xenomorphs weren’t at all involved and the younglings would be sent in groups of three to hunt this creature called a Quatza-Rij on their home world. Any way or interpretation is fine with me, I would simply like to go through the process of his training before hand as well to give me time to grow his personality and let him develop on his own as a character. I find better characters are made on the job.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Hello hello, welcome to AVPUNIVERSE. Unfortunately, you have to wait until the next RP to join in (not much of a loss, I think most of us, mainly me, reacted poorly to a plot twist) However, based on your introduction I think all of us look forward to RP'ing with you. Also, you can edit your profile and select your RP characters abilities using points. You will accumulate these by RP'ing. It takes a while to get far here, and I'm still a newbie here. I hope you have a good time on this site. Also, beware of dick jokes.

Thanks, I figured out most of that stat/point based stuff upon joining the site. It's a little disappointing to realize this is one of those "everybody all together at once" role play sites as it makes it difficult for everybody to have their own ideas and inspiration for plots or stories. Everybody RPing all at once with the mods does make for easier moderation of what is going on in those forums to prevent idiots from becoming too prevalent which I can be thankful for and respect so I can roll with it though when the next little diddy is set up.

As for dick jokes, I think the household I hail from has prepared me plenty well for that.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Are you saying you were raised by a gay couple? Welcome.

Might as well have been raised by a gay couple, mum certainly wore the pants like a man. And Thanks.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Actually you can also set up 1v1 fights, though those don't get you any points.

And welcome.

predator34, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Welcome to avp Hunts_end. Its good to have a new yautja on the hunt

HunkGenetic, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Welcome new members to the AVP Universe.
enjoy the game .

Katana, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Hello humans, xenomorphs. yautjas, and other undefined species members. My name is Katana, and I hope you all have a wonderful time on avpuniverse.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Same to you, and welcome fellow Yautja.

XenoX27, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Hi there, I didn't even see this thread when I first got on. I was more focused on asking some questions. Any who tidings to you all. I recently made my Xeno character and have been racking my brain making a good story line for her. I really don't want to be one of those characters that have a back story that completely contradicts everything from the movies, games and comics.

Haunt, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

New member here. Just wanted to say, 'hi'.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Hi :)

clarafray, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

hi everyone :D

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

yo!

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

hey

badapple24, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

welcome everyone. i'm glad the site is still getting new mmbers

Gear, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Hello I'm Gear,an alien runner,i'm peaceful but will attack if needed.