AVP2 Or Predator 3?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Out of the two suggested, which would you rather see come to production? Would another stand alone predator film breath life into the franchise? And do we need another AVP? Answers on a postcard......

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Dalkar, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I would rather see a new Predator film before another AVP film. However unlike most people I thought AVP was an OK film. Obviously it has some flaws but I still thought it was decent.

Go and request on the official clan request topic, dalkar - you can only join the HIVE if you are an alien fan.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
Messageboard Rules

I'd say that was the general thought on AVP - it was a 'watchable' movie but definately nothing special. I'd prefer to see another predator film myself - the technology and look of the preds in AVP was awsome - they should incorporate that into a new predator movie.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
Messageboard Rules

shorty, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

avp 2

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I would rather have Predator 3. With AVP, they have to concentrate on both creatures, which c neither to look all that impressive. With Pred 3, they could concentrate on only one.

deathdrop1.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I would say another pred movie only because i know what happence in avp2.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dalkar, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

i agree with you there Dave. Hey Dave i was wondering if i could join The Hive?

Stalker, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

honestly, I'm not all that fussed about predator 3. The first two movies captured a special feeling which in my opinion, would probably not be captured by the third film. It would probably come out with the AVP style preds which would be a big dissapointment for me as I love the classic predator designs much more than the AVP ones. The movie would probably be a shallow, half @$$ed attempt at bringing a third movie into the franchise & ultimately would probably end up being loathed by the majority of fans. Basically, the equivalent of what resurrection did to the Alien franchise.

Honestly, I would love to see another AVP movie, but one that is more true to the roots of both franchises. One that actually retained that classic alien & predator atmosphere, & one that was made by a competent director. Paul Anderson dug AVP into a deep hole, but if the sequel was truly something special, then it could quite easily climb back out.

stalker.jpg

pred3 would be my preference. Nothing like a good old predator kill-fest. Something i would personally like to see would be a bit of pred vs pred combat, what u think?

weaponx, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I would rather see Predator 3 because I think if they brought out AVP2 it would be like the first AVP which I thought was terrible. There wouldnt be enough gore or viloent deaths and Anderson would most likley direct it again. Whereas in Predator 3 I belive they would keep it true to the prievous Predator films and would get a good director. Also I hope they dont bring out a predator remake. There is no need for one yet and it wouldnt be as good as the origional.

cystic_warrior, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

AVP 2

Sig By Celtic102

It will only Hurt for Eternity

xeno_slayer, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I'd ratther have pred 3. I mean AVP was alright and you wouldent see me complaining if avp2 came out but it's been SOOOOOO long since we've had another nice gory predator movie!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In october of 1994, three student filmmakers dissappeared in the woods near burkettsville, maryland while shooting a documentary. A year later their footage was found.

Quinn, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

lol try alien 5!

"This time the B!tch Is Back

I wouldnt mind seein any of the three...alien and predator have been my heroes since age 6. I enoyed avp though it couldve been better, yes. But just to see them fight was all i had been waiting to see.

~ IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.
*evil predator laugh*

Celtic_Warrior, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

i would want to see pred 3. firstly it would make the pred series into a trilogy (dont know why i think thats important.lol). secondly, i would want to know a bit more about the preds and see some new things. like in pred 2, you see new weapons and alot more preds. i want to see some new things.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOUR
sig.JPG

TDN, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Well the problem I find with making another AVP movie isn't that it might turn out bad. They could really succeed if they have a good director, lots of resources, and most of all IMO, a script that have nothing to do with the pyramid stuff in AVP (meaning not a direct sequel). The thing is, the reason that most people watch sequels are due to the success of the previous movie. Since AVP wasn't much of a success, I'd say it'll be really bad to do a sequel for it. Though IMO, I would really want another AVP movie, a better one than the previous.
And about the third Predator movie being like what ressurection did to Alien, I slighty disagree. The thing is, after the third Alien movie, most of the mythos for the franchise have been established, so when ressurection came out, it couldn't possibly add more to it. That's why new add cr*ppy ideas like cloning, human-alien mix(Ripley) and the Newborns. The Predator franchise though, haven't been totally established yet. There are still many qeustions surrounding the series. These are things that books and comics like to add in (this depends on if you consider them canon or not). As long as they are not dointhing absurd like a half human, half predator, then it'll be fine.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

we need is Avp2+ alien 5 and alien 6 + 1 more predator movie predator 3

predalien26 of Hive

u guys prolly know what im going to say.
i agree with Dave and Death Drop

corysig1.jpg

hi Cory me too

predalien26 of the Hive

hi all thx i have see stroy Avp2 movie is dam good stroy

predalien26 of the Hive